Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Mr. & Mrs. Claus

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Here's a couple more little plaques from the same book I used for the fat snowman. Not even sure what I'll do with these, but they were fun to do. Guess I should try to find something to paint for Valentines next, shouldn't I? I'll see what I can find. Luvs

Comments (7)

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Luvs, Mr & Mrs turned out so great. How big are these? To big for tags? I love the Sugar & Spice, Naughty or Nice. Your details are looking good. You are painting up a storm and I'm so happy to be able to come here and enjoy!!! Such a cute project.

I'm ready to see whatever your ready to paint next. Punk

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Luvs~ these are so cute. Love the sweet expression on Mrs. Claus' face. What are you using them for? Are they big enough to put on little plate holders side by side? Off to see the rest of the projects I missed. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OMG! I just glanced at these pictures and realized that I forgot to shade Santa's coat and hat!
    That's the problem when I do two or more of something at the same time! I did the dress on the Mrs. but forgot to do his coat. Will have to see if I can still do it over the sealer or not. Guess I need to take a picture before I put the sealer on so I can catch these things before I post! LOL

Luvs

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Luvs

They are the greatest! Didn't even notice Santa's coat. Think we all have done the same thing and yes you can paint over the sealer.

Unless you have a really big doily - these should be about the right size for gift tags, Oh! What a wonderful gift!
    Where did you find the pattern? Are we allowed so share patterns? Nah! Don't think so! Copyright and all that...Darn!

Valentine patters are about as hard to find as are St. Patty's Day...or finding a great elf. Did see some hearts on legs in a catalog..think I will use hearts but put them on dowel that looks like lollipop handle. Might look nice in a little bouquet. Hum..........

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the words of consolation, Belle. It just struck me funny that I didn't even notice it until I saw the picture posted. I laid these on my table cloth, they are 4x6 I think. But could always be reduced in size for tags. The book is Starlight Sketchbook volume two by Bev Johnston & Pam Tyriver. Funny you mentioned elves, this book has some really cute ones. Also has reindeer, mice, some cute Halloween and Thanksgiving things, as well as lots of snowmen and Santas. There are only a few examples painted in the book, the rest are just the drawings. It would be so fun to share patterns, but you are right--not allowed based on the copyrights. I'm looking through some of my books again for some Valentine inspiration. Good luck in your search too. Did you see the free Leprechaun pattern Anj posted for us? He was really cute. Luvs

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Luvs, That is so stinkin' funny that you noticed you forgot to shade. This happens to me alot because I don't read directions, I just paint. Does it mean we are not professional painters if we didn't notice? lol

I generally post before varnishing because I tend to notice more after I see the picture. I still have several of my projects I've posted that's waiting for the fianl coat.

I would of thought Santa was painted like he should be if you hadn't brought it to our attention. With his fluffy fur I don't think santa needs to be shaded. I have painted right over a finish like Belle said and have even mixed the varnish with my paint so I didn't have to go back and varnish again.

DH cut me out some plaques so I can paint a leprechaun. YEA So maybe tomorrow night I'll start on that. I had to reprint my pattern this morning cause I filed the other one deeper than I cared to look.haha Punk

• anjabee
    15 years ago

I didn't notice it either Luvs. I wonder why we don't notice some things until we post a picture of them? ha Ya'll know I do that all the time!
    Sometimes it's hard to guage how big or small some projects are by the pictures especially when we are getting those up close shots. ~Anj