Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

This and That

pezabelle
14 years ago

Found the two Santa's lurking on the china cabinet, can't believe I missed them, they are from my first painting days.

The snowman and Santa are left over wood pieces that I changed out, snowman isn't much but am happy with Santa except that I can see I need to even out the shading on his mustache.

The next is a cookie box, front and side....then comes the candle box and finally the pieces I painted way back for a friend and needed to add the back painting.

I can see several other things that need "fixing." Good thing I didn't seal anything!

Belle

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (8)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Belle,

They are all just beautiful. I love the blue box with the snowmen. They look as if they are carring on a conversation.LOL Alot of detail on the top and it looks great.

Your other projects are great and you have accomplished alot. Your santa is just perfect and doesn't need anything changed. Don't be so hard on yourself, just keep painting for all of us to enjoy.haha

TFS and I hope you have more time to paint. I enjoyed all of it. Your first santa pictures are neat with all the gold around them. The little chuncks are so cute. I love cute turkeys and yours is one.

I have to go fix a friends satellite so best go jump in the shower. Thanks again for all the hard work and pics this morning.

Punk

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, in looking at the box and the snowman I really need to go back and shade and highlight more. The snow man weren't on the original pattern, I took them from some tags I did last year, the ones in the pattern were horizontal-kind of like flying and I didn't care for them at all. But I do need to "tweek" a few things. The pictures really seem to bring out what the eye misses on the real thing.

Belle

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Belle, I just have to tell you that your projects really made me smile--especially that turkey backside! It took me a minute to figure out what it was--then I chuckled out loud. LOL Seriously, you did a great job finishing the backs of your projects--not many people would have done all that work on them. Those first two santas are darling, and I love the blue box. What do you use for the stitch/dash lines? They look so perfect. On the 2nd picture of the snowman and santa, is the round top a dowel glued onto the wood piece? They are both cute.

You have really been on a painting spree! Feels good to finish up some projects doesn't it? Isn't it funny how we can start something, end up laying it aside--and maybe get back to it eventually? I have several things like that too. ;o)

Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

New projects to ogle. ha I like them all! Especially the boxes and the snowman and santa pair. I don't do well with finishing the backs of my projects either. Usually just paint them a flat color and be done. I have a few of those Love Chunks books (I think that's what they are??). I used some of the patterns on some soap I painted one year for Christmas gifts. You have been a busy girl. Thanks so much for sharing your projects! Fun to come and have something to look at.

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The candle box and cookie box looked so much nicer in the book and were a pain to paint! I did the long lines using a T-square and Identi Pen. It flows smoothly over the paint, not like other liners.

I had been painting for about a year when a good friend,the gal I do the ornies for each year, suggested that I paint the back as someone might want them where both sides are seen, so I started adding some details to the back. I have also painted both side with the same pattern only reversed the back. I did that on a Santa with a bag of toy and he was viewable from either side.

The snowman and santa ornies are inserted into the dowel, DH's idea. The original patterns were on metal pockets. He used his table saw to cut the groove in the dowel and I glued the wire and wood into the groove with contact cement.

Now I need to seal everything and get on to the heart.

Belle

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Belle,

You are just way to particular! I agree with your friend that the back should be painted but I have quit painting alot of mine. I have so much to paint and don't want to take the time. What am I talking about, I can't find time to paint the front any more.LOL

Thanks for all the details and tell DH he has alot of great ideas. You two are quite the team!!!

Punk

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Punk, thank you and ya I am particular....to much for my own good and DH and I are a week away from our 47 year of wedded bliss.....well maybe not bliss but 47 wonderful years!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Belle, a big ol' congratulations to you on your 47th anniversary! That's a really big milestone to reach, especially in this day and age. We reached our 44th in December--just doesn't seem possible that many years have past does it? LOL

Luvs