Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Megan's Heart

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 18, 09 at 15:32

Opps! I forgot to post my last project. So here goes. This is Megan's Heart from JMP and it is a very fast project. I already had the base coating done so that's a big help.

Megan's Heart Bear

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Megan's Heart

Darn Photobucket won't let me get a larger view, but it sure looks cute. Love the border around the edge. Is this for Valentine's Day? Luvs

o

Wow, that Photobucket is really messing up but I'll try again. When I did a minute ago it had all the wording and a picture but I still couldn't enlarge it. Oh Man

Megan's Heart Bear

o

Precious face! And your flowers and leaves are great...I hate doing leaves, they always turn out awful....yours are so good!
And his "belly button" how cute!

Thanks for sharing!

Belle

o

That is so adorable. Love the little sign and the delicate flowers and of course the bear. Who is this one for?? You know you have to keep some of your projects! ha I just realized that the other day. I have to make sure I'm keeping some things for myself. ha

o

Thanks Belle and Anj, The leaves and flowers are done with a round brush. Simple fast process. I used 3 different colored paints with each and just dabbed my paint brush into the different ones and let them blend some as I went. The leaves you use the end of your brush to get a point and the flowers you push down on the brush to make a ball and then pull down. Does this help? One thing to always remember is a good artist never seems to make things perfect. Relax and keep trying new things.

This is a terrible picture but it does look better than it showed up, and varnish always helps. I will give this with the Love Bug for the auction.

o

Oh good, it enlarged for me this time so I could see all the cute details. What a sweet, sad little face--makes you want to pick him up and give him a big squeeze. Love all the vines, and it's neat that you used non-traditional valentines colors. I know they will just love it. Luvs

o

Thanks Luvs, I think he is sad cause he wants you to say yes to him and pick him up and squeeze him. LOL Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here