Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Newest Projects

pezabelle
15 years ago

Here are some projects I just completed, the top and bottom pictures shows my version of projects that I believe Luv posted. I am not overly happy with my Turkey, would make the waddle smaller and move the face down if I ever did it again.

The turkey (center) is made in 3 pieces, and I think I really need to add something to the head/body...its seems bare to me. Maybe a button with raffia or something - he just seems so bright against the tail feathers. Might even go back and base paint the body a darker color...just not happy with him! Any suggestions?

I would really like to have the pattern or some info on how the patio block versions were made. They would look great on my porch during the seasons.

Belle

>

Comments (5)

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Belle, I think they are all great. I don't think you need to repaint that turkey body. If you think you want something more how about putting something on his collar? That would be less work and personalize it more.

I love the bottom turkey's cute face. Did you paint two diffrent sizes? Uncle Sam looks happy.

Keep up the good work and keep posting, I love it. Punk

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Belle, you have just been painting up a storm. Are the Sam and bottom turkey not painted on blocks? Sure the same shape so I thought they were. You did a wonderful job on all three projects.

What info do you need about the blocks? Why don't you send me an email and I'll try to help. My email link is on my page.

Luvs

• intolerable
    15 years ago

I LOVE the Americana theme!
    Very cute!

On the turkey how about just an antique wash over the body? to give it color, or maybe just heavier shading?
    Probably just the pic., but it seems a bit flesh toned in color...?
    Otherwise I LOVE THEM! Great Job!

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Well, do I feel like a complete idiot...I spent alllll of last summer trying to find those pavers at every home improvement place around here and couldn't find one....not one. We were going to paint some at our yearly 4th of July party. DUH! Why didn't I think to cut them out of wood??? What a "blockhead" I am!! hahahahaha
    Thank you very much for the idea Belle. I wanted to do that Uncle Sam soooo bad. I love Americana. I think you did an awesome job putting them on wood. They look just like the pavers.

Here is a link to some cute ones.

Oh, and I like your turkey the way he is. =) ~Anj

Here is a link that might be useful: Painted Pavers

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Anj...Thank you so much for the site!!!!! Awesome pavers and I really have to find them, although wood will work. I really like the curved one with the saying about Frosty and me...so many new ideas, DH is just shaking his head at me!

Belle