Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Summer box

anjabee
11 years ago

So this one will probably get sanded and re-painted. I just don't like how it turned out at all. But, I thought I might as well put it up to keep things going here. ha ~Anj

Comments (7)

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Anj, it looks lovely, I really like the background. I'm only seeing a really small picture and if I click on it it takes me to my Photobucket not a larger view of this picture! Aargh! Don't sand it down, your watermelon looks so juicy and ripe and the flowers look just great too. I can just see it with an arrangement of daisies inside it. Did you have a special way you wanted to use it?

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Maybe this will be bigger. I was gonna paint it for the boutique. I guess I could put a few flowers, packets of seeds and some garden gloves and sell it as a set?? The flowers aren't smooth. You can really see the brush marks. I don't know...it's just not what I'm used to painting I guess. ha I have it on my desk and I keep looking at it, but it's not growing on me yet. lol

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Textured flowers should be fine, and I really like how you did the multicolored dots in the middles. Watermelon looks yummy enough to eat! I like your idea of putting some items in it and selling as a set. Luvs

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

For what it's worth, I think I would try a little more shading( rust)on the yellow petals, maybe every other petal to give them more "life" Also the dark berries a bit of lighter shading, I'm not sure what they are but my eye says too dark.(not trying to criticize, I love the background & watermelon but the flowers & berries just don't seem quite finished to me- I do paint but don't think I'm near as good as I would like)Just thought maybe I could see the problem so you could have a nicely finished project! Hope I helped! I often ask for advice if "I don't think something looks right" The centers are great, I wouldn't touch them.

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the input sunny! It's a little darker in the pic than in real life. The berries actually are lighter with some shading and the little berry tip, but you can't really see it in this pic. A photographer I am not. lol I may have even taken this with my cell. I will give the darkening of the flowers a try. I'm still not liking it very much. I fear it's the sander for this one. ha ~Anj

• pezabelle
    11 years ago

Anj.....it is so interesting how each of us might change up what a wonderful job you have done! I sure hope you didn't sand it down! As you have said it is really hard to get a feel for the item in a picture. Love the background, the flowers and berries and your watermelon is super.

When I stop and just look at the overall picture the only things I see that is not in balance is the white area on the watermelon......it stand out even against the flower next to it, again just my two cents worth.....would show case it in my house any day!

Belle

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I obviously need a photography course! ha The white on the melon is actually green and shaded toward the edges with a darker green going into the rind. It does look white on the pic though. ha I've been working on other stuff so haven't made it back to work on this one again yet, but I may have found a different pattern to paint on it. Hopefully I'll find time soon. Thanks everyone for the input!! ~A

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz