Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Christmas--late or early????

luvstocraft
16 years ago

Got these four Santas painted finally. One of the projects I had hoped to do for neighbor gifts for Christmas 2007--so now I guess they are ready for Christmas 2008! LOL

Sorry the pics are not clearer, getting glare from the sealer and the flash I guess.

Luvs

Comments (16)

• Sandi_W
    16 years ago

Luvs, Well, no one has to know they should have been ready for Christmas 07 and then everyone will think how "on the ball" you are for Christmas 08! ;~) Your Santas are really cute. You always do such a great job.

• lynnencfan
    16 years ago

Luvs - those are just so cute - what a sweet gift. Love the different take on Santa's hat also......

Lynne

• bettyd_z7_va
    16 years ago

Luvs,
    Soooo darling. I too, love the different colored Santa hat. Red is my least favorite color so I've always looked for Santa in a different colored suit. Such talent. Santa makes you smile.
    Betty

• jaybird
    16 years ago

toooooo cute Ms. Luvs!!!!

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

Who wouldn't want a gift like that! They are adorable!!!

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Oh my gosh, those are just the cutest!! And you did them so quickly! So who's patterns did you use? I just love them. The hat is different and very neat and I love how you did the fluffy trim and pompom. It's awesome. And just think you'll be ahead of the game this Christmas!! ha I'm so glad I'm such a slave driver! teehee! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Glad you all liked them. It was a very easy pattern to cut out and paint. It is a Sandi Strecker pattern from an old Woodcrafts mag I've kept for many years. The original pattern was a sled, but you all know I just use the parts I want. LOL

Anj, I would never have gotten them painted if not for you "cracking that whip". ;o) That and the fact that I was afraid I was going to be kicked off here if I didn't do some painting pretty soon! LOL Now I need to find and start on another project and try to keep the momentum going.

Hope you finally get your chance for a painting day soon too. Know you have lots of things that have to be done first just to keep your busy household running smoothly. ;o)

Luvs

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

Luvs, they are adorable. I love the patchwork hats and the eyes have a lot of sparkle. Sometimes I don't get things finished at Christmas. Once I forgot to mail out my Christmas cards - they were addressed and stamped, all ready to go and I found them in July or August of the next year. What could I do? I just put them in the mail and figured they would think I was getting a head start on my greeting cards - or not.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL, PF I think I would have just waited to mail them the next Christmas and really been ahead of the game! Thanks for trying to make me feel better about procrastinating too much. I just figure it is better late than never! Right?

Luvs

• prosperity66
    16 years ago

Luvs, you're an artist!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Prosperity, but I think "crafter" is more appropriate. I just do it for fun, and enjoyment. Just have a "need" to create things, but not expert enough to do it as a career! LOL Glad you enjoyed them. Luvs

• delphinium33
    16 years ago

Luvs,
    Those santas are darling. I'm in awe of those of you with such talent. I can't even draw a straight line. Your neighbors are so lucky!

• oddie
    16 years ago

Oh Luvs your santas are soooo cute! love the hat!
    and the way his eyes sparkle! like a santa should.
    what lucky neighbors!
    atleast you have a start for next year.
    always love seeing you projects!
    oddie

• judithva
    16 years ago

I love the Santas, you have such talent! They are just adorable! Your friends are in for a treat for Christmas, good thing they don't read this forum, otherwise they would not want to wait!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Judith. Good to see you stopping by here. I love painting things for Christmas. Luvs

• gail1055
    16 years ago

Really cute, Luvs. I love the hat and all the colors. Guess your ahead of the game. I'm still hoping to get some more christmas things painted too. Gail

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts