Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

My try at the stacking plate arrangements

luvstocraft
17 years ago

Several weeks ago, Judithva posted some stacking plate arrangements on the Holiday forum. If you haven't seen them, you really should go take a look.

Hers were so beautiful that I wanted to try to make one. I purchased and gathered up some items, took my cake plate some small candle holders and a couple other dishes I had in the cupboard and used some florist's clay to hold them together. (So I can easily take them apart after the holiday) I also added a string of lights on mine so I could use it as part of my Christmas decorations.

Here's a pic, please be kind--I am not a florist and this is my first attempt at doing this. Click on the pics for a bigger view. Luvs

Comments (17)

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Luvs!! It's gorgeous. Your holiday guests will ooh and aaah over that for sure. I had no doubts you could do it with your totem skills. ha I love everything you used and the gold and red with the greenery is so pretty. I love it.

I love that springy snowman too btw! ~Anj

• anjabee
    17 years ago

I had to stop and get another look today. Yep, still as beautiful as it was at 1 o'clock this morning. ha It really is beautiful Luvs. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

You are too kind. What were you doing up at 1 o'clock--you better get some rest girl! I like it, but it sure isn't as beautiful as the one on the holiday forum. I think Judithva has a real knack for putting just the right colorsand items together. Glad I figured out how to keep the pieces together with the florist's clay so that it will be easy to take them apart and store them. I'm going to keep my eyes open for some red or pink plates and maybe try one for Valentine's Day--not sure what I will put on it--sure don't need it full of sweets! TTYL. Thanks for your words of encouragement. Luvs

• rosemarythyme
    17 years ago

Well I'm impressed! I'm not going back to the holiday forum to compare. You have created your OWN beautiful Christmas decoration AND SHOULD BE PROUD OF IT! THREE CHEERS!!!

• diarich
    17 years ago

Luvs...If you don't like it, I'll gladly take it off your hands...It's beautiful!!!

• kathi_mdgd
    17 years ago

Luvs,it's beautiful!! I didn't know we had a holiday forum.Guess i'll have to go find it and see what i have been missing.
    Kathi

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

WOW, great job. And I love the plates on the wall.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kathi, You can click on the holiday forum at the top of our discussion page. I think it says "related forums".

Paintingfool, I've been picking up the plates when I find them. I love anything with roses on it, but find the plates are in my price range! Keep thinking I should paint that wall--they would show up so much better than on a white wall.

Diana, I think it will keep evolving as I find other items. I tried to use things I had on hand as much as I could. Bought some of those crystalized fruits, and the glitter grapes and such. I had the pinecones and greenery thank goodness--those kinds of things can sure add up quickly!

Thanks for the nice compliments, I am enjoying my little creation.

Luvs

• jlily
    17 years ago

Kay that is just what I needed for my serving table for Christmas. I got to try that. Yours is georgous!!Jlily

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, Jlily. Glad you liked it. Two of my friends are going to do one after seeing this one. Mine is just glass items I had on hand held in place with "snakes" of florist putty. Guess you can buy the different sized stacking ones, but I haven't seen them yet. Luvs

• craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

Wow, super pretty Luvs. It's perfect in everyway, you really did a great job. I love that bedspring snowman too, send him to me please.

Sal

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry, Sal, but no way! He is one of my favorites! I can't remember where I bought him--but should have bought more--everyone thinks he is so fun. Always have to touch him and watch him bounce.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. You will probably have to tolerate more since I am already trying to figure out how to do one for Valentine's Day now! (Can you tell that I can never settle for just one of anything?) LOL

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Luvs, I don't know if I commented on your plates at the other forum, but they are gorgeous! You did fantastic. Sandi

• jlily
    17 years ago

Here is my fist try at the stacking plate arrangements. Jlily

And completed-Enjoy!!

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Yours is awesome too jlilly! What is that glass thing on top. Did you have to drill out the bottom?

Luvs~ I can't wait to see your V-day one. You are so good with doing stuff like that. I can see you plan far ahead to give yourself lots of time to collect things for it. I'd start collecting and V-day would come and go and I'd still not have it put together. ha Anyway, looking forward to seeing it.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Turned out really pretty Jlily. Very festive. Our totem building experience helps on these, doesn't it? LOL So what am I seeing? Metal trays, doilies, candle holders--but what is the item over the candle? Can you lift it to light the candle. Did you use the Silicone II and stick them together? Or just the florist clay so they it can be dismantled after the holiday. Come on--you know I ALWAYS want details! Ha ha Luvs

• jlily
    17 years ago

Sorry luvs I thought I had answered your questions. BUT, they are gone. The top piece and the top candle holder I bought at a flea market the top piece for $2.00-because it just fit the candleholder-and I paid $3.00 for it. The silver plates and platter I had collected for a moziac number thing.(which I never got to.) I siliconed it all together except for the top piece so it can be lifted out to light the candle. The bottom 2 candlesticks I bought at Wal mart and almost match the top one. You probably heard me yahoo from where ever you are. I enjoyed doing it and I look forward to changing it for the seasons, too. I hope I answered all of your questions. Enjoy!! Jlily

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH