Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

My Class.....

anjabee
16 years ago

Hey Luvs...just wanted to tell you how my class went last night. I was soooo nervous I was seriously getting sick to my stomach, but it worked out really good. They had accidently planned something else on the same night so a lot of the people who signed up for both went to the other thing!! So I only ended up with about 12 people!! Whew! And they didn't all show up at the same time so I just got to explain the process to them one-on-one as they came in instead of standing up in front of them all. That was the main thing making me nervous. So it worked out really great. Some of them did multiples for the ones who didn't show up so we were there for about 4 hours, but everyone LOVED the project and thought it was super cute. One lady did 8 for all her daughers and DIL's for Christmas. She said she had been stressing trying to figure out something to give to them all this year and was sooo happy when she saw the light. I spent most of my time helping everyone make bows and I'm soooo glad I bought that bowdabra because only one other lady knew how to make bows without it so it was a great help. Anyway, it was a good night and everyone had fun and if DH want's to drill some more holes I could probaby go into business doing them with peoples family pictures on them. I thought about how cute that would look and made the mistake of saying it out loud and everybody went beserk! ha OHHHHH! I would love one like that to leave out all year!! So anyway, just thought I'd tell you all about it and let you know I slept all night long without one wake-up last night! ha Big sigh! So glad to have that one behind me. ha

We got piled on with snow last night and are supposed to get 4 more inches today and 5 more tonight. The kids sure had fun leaving their bowls out to catch the snow then making snow ice cream and snowcones with grape soda. ha Did you get any where you are?

Still want to hear about the craft show. Have fun at your dinner tonight. I don't know if they are gonna let us drive up to the lodge without snowchains tonight so we may not be going. Have to wait and see. They were doing a murder mystery dinner so I was looking forward to that. I'll check ya later. ~Anj

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Oh Anj, I am so glad it went well for you. You must have done them really cheap if that one lady did eight of them! Wow! You are just so sweet and helpful, I'm sure they all loved you and your teaching style. ;o) Glad you finally got a good night's sleep too. I totally understand, I hate being in the spotlight--really had to force myself to do lots of presentations and meetings while I was a Supervisor at the bank, but I never got to where I could say I enjoyed it!

At the craft show, one lady had the lighted blocks. No pictures of anykind on them, just laying flat with real pretty bows on top. She wasn't in her booth or I would have ask her why she didn't put graphics or paint on them. They were selling for $22.00 by the way.

The craft show was good. Lots of cute candy covers that slipped over candy canes and such. Lots of food items, like jellies, flavored oils, candies, dips,etc. Quite a few wooden painted items, but none that were really unique. Lots of the metal yard stakes too. Lots of stuffed things like the frog keychain that makes really loud sounds. LOL The one thing that really caught my eye was these beautiful dolls made from tassels. They had a metal stand with the porcelian head on top. The tassel was the base of the dress, then they were decorated with other fabrics, flowers, tiny purses and hats, etc. I kept trying to think where I could use one just because they were so unique. I ended up buying this fake snow for son to do with GD. Really cool, just put a bit in your hand, add some water and it puffs up into very realistic looking snow! It is biodegradeable and not harmful to pets, plants or people. I also bought a Christmas book, nativity set, and jalapeno jelly all for DS's family--nothing for me or DH--as usual! LOL

We seldom get any snow in our yard, but we can look up and see it on the mountains north of us. I'll have to see if we have any up there since we did get rain last night. It is so pretty when the sky is blue and the sun shines on it. Nice to see it and not have to deal with slick roads and shoveling it.

Sounds like a good day for you to stay in. Sorry about your party, must be hard to plan things this time of year. I've only been to one mystery dinner and it was so entertaining--maybe they will get the roads cleared in time for you to go. Most important thing is to stay safe though.

We stopped at the antique/collectibles store after the craft show. I got the birdhouse picture I wanted for my kitchen area. He had reduced the price down from the $40 and then was doing another 50% off so I got it for $8.95. I was thrilled! I also bought a pretty rose plate I had admired and a wall rack that holds cups and saucers. I keep collecting them when I find them at the TS, and had more than what I needed on that little wooden plant stand so this will be perfect. I'll post some pics later.

Gosh, I'm writing a book here. Need to go check the other forums. I'll catch...

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey~ I ended up charging $9.50 for the lights. Probably should have charged a little more, but it worked out ok. I hear you on standing up in front of people. I used to be over communications at my job so had to train groups of new employees on our phone systems and sometimes go into executive meetings to explain changes and I NEVER got used to it either. I would feel so sick before them every time.

Your trip to the craft show sounded fun. Has your GD got to play with her snow yet? I've never seen that before, it sounds cool. I was asking about you getting snow because I caught the tail end of a news report about the snow and mudslides in CA and wondered if it was anywhere close to you. Glad to know it all is staying where it should.....in the mountains. Wish we could learn that trick here. hahaha

We ended up going to the party. It was ok. Too many people to try to figure out the murder. The food was good except for a Coconut Chicken soup that was very strange tasting. The 2 couples that I really like at his company didn't show up so that was disappointing to me, but did meet a nice couple at our table who now want to go out with us sometime to dinner. The wife is from Germany. DH won a portable DVD player too.
    Did you get to go to your dinner?
    Well, I've been sitting here too long. Gotta get to painting. I'll chat with ya later. :) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Hi Anj, I wrote a nice long message on here this morning then went to try to find a picture I wanted to show you and lost the whole darn thing! Was so disgusted that I just signed off and left until now! LOL

That soup sounds awful! Isn't it amazing some of the combinations they come up with? I think the same thing when I read some of the recipes in Better Homes and Gardens sometimes. LOL

We had a good time last night in spite of it being too cold inside. We are having a cool spell and rain, but I think they forgot to turn off their air conditioning.

We have snow on the mountains. It was so pretty today with the sky such a clear blue (no smog because of the winds) and the white puffy clouds and snow up there with the sun shining on it.

Hope you were able to get a little painting done today. I need to finish the touch up on the one I messed up with the spray paint. I don't think it will take much now that I have calmed down and can just get on with it. I had several other Fall projects that I had wanted to do, but didn't get to. And there are just lots of Christmas things I'd love to make. Just need to make a decision, get the wood ready and get started on it!

I'll talk to you soon. Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ugh, that so sucks to lose a post...especially a long one. Very aggravating. ha

Glad you had a nice dinner out. DH makes fun of me cause I always bring a jacket with me even in the summer cause restaurants are always too cold for me.

Well, it's still very overcast, grey and smoggy here. No sunshine for us. :(

I'm glad you overcame the anger at yourself to retouch your project. ha I didn't get to paint today. Was trying to retake my house over from being preoccupied the last few weeks with other things. Can't believe how much stuff gets piled up. I just found my pavers that I bought this summer that I was gonna do the Santa Clause and possibly gingerbread man with or maybe a Ms Clause. You know the ones you showed us with the round heads. So that may be my next project, but want to do a couple of those glass block lights for my SIL's and I still need to paint that bucket. ha Can't decide if I want to modge podge the blocks so I can get them done quickly or if I want to try to find something to paint on them. The one I do for myself will be painted I think. You know how it goes, there are always more projects than I can get done around here.

How are you doing on your shopping? I've got all of Santa bought and my family drawing gift, now just have to buy for our parents and get DH something. Thinking I may paint up some soaps to give out with a Christmas towel for little neighbor gifts this year. Better get on it. ha May take a little time tomorrow to see what I can get done. At least need to get some prep work done on something.

What happened to our buddy Steve. Haven't heard anything from him lately. But I do see a lot of new names popping up here and there so I think more people are coming thru to peek than are actually posting, don't you?

It's only 9pm and and pooped for the day. ha Ready to hit the hay. Check ya tomorrow. :) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Good morning Anj, just sitting here sipping my coffee. It is only supposed to get up to 61 today--Brrr for us! Have to say that being from the midwest, the cooler weather (and seeing snow on the mountains) sure makes it "feel" more like Christmas.

I was just looking at the calendar and it is coming up FAST! I have the majority of my shopping done too, just a few little things here and there to pick up. Waiting for a few things that I ordered online to arrive also. Was thinking that I would wrap some today and I need to return a couple of phone call messages. I went through my half of the closet and pulled out some of the clothes I used to wear to work and bagged them up for TS--might go drop them off today. (Sure wish I could get DH to go through his, I know there are things he hasn't worn in years that he could get rid of--and make it easier to hang up the laundered items.)

Have you checked your email recently? I've sent a few things on to you that I thought were cute. If you haven't looked recently--they may be accumulating. I try to only send you the ones I think you or the kids might enjoy, but if it's too much, just hit "delete"--you won't be missing much! LOL

I think the towels and painted soaps would be a nice gift. So far, I haven't come up with anything for my three neighbors! Maybe I should just cut out some shapes and paint them up and make yard stakes. Would probably all need to be different though since they are all on the same street! That's more fun, but also takes longer! LOL This is going to be another year that I didn't get everything painted that I wanted to. I always say I am going to continue painting Christmas items in January--but then get busy putting decorations away and after Christmas sales, so never get much painted. No wonder so many start in July! LOL

Well, my cup is almost empty and I need to check in on Holidays. I'll catch you later.

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Morning...as a matter of fact I have not checked my email in I can't even remember when!! ha I'm heading over there right now. haha

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Luvs...You will not believe this....6374 messages!! ha Oh brother. Needless to say I haven't made it thru all of them yet, but Wow, LOVED the crow and the cat and the Opera Phone salesman and Christmas with a Capital C. I've missed a lot of good stuff. ha Thanks for reminding me to check my "other" mail. ha I get caught up at my sites and forget emails. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

OMG! 6374 emails! Hey, at least they are not all from ME! LOL I'm glad you are enjoying them. Some I thought the kids might enjoy seeing. I know Sophie loves the ones where she gets to click on it and it does things. ;o) Have fun! Luvs