Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemarythyme_gw

Christmas decorations

rosemarythyme
17 years ago

Started hauling out boxes yesterday. WHERE did all these decorations come from? WAY too many for one household so after talking with DH decided to donate my 7 ft tree to a homeless shelter. Will also give them tons of ornaments that have no sentimental hold on me. I'm putting up smaller trees around the house because it is easier and showcases special things, like my White House ornaments I was collecting. It's Day TWO and there's still plenty to do. In the meantime, I took two photos of my Santa collection. They are NOT painted items, so they're not posted in the gallery. {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (5)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

May not be painted ones, but they are really nice Rosemary. Your little guy on the chair made me smile--love the way you put his arm up over the back of the chair! Gives him attitude! LOL

That is very nice of you to donate a tree to the homeless shelter. Know the families there will appreciate having it to make things more festive for their kids.

If it were not for having the little GD, I would probably not want to mess with the big tree either. It is allot of work.

Sounds like you have some wonderful ornaments, and your home looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing pics with us.

Luvs

• kathi_mdgd
    17 years ago

I like your santa collection!! I also have one,but havn't got it out yet,one day at a time for me this year.Getting too old for all this work,but i enjoy looking at it so much that i continue to do it,except for putting lights up on the outside of the house.This will be my second year not to have those.So i put the net lights on my picket fence instead.
    What ever works right???
    Kathi

• rosemarythyme
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Kathi and Luvs: I also have a snow globe collection but haven't put it out yet either. The year before last I discovered that from having stored them in our unheated attic in NH ruptured the globe (so to speak) and I lost the water. I was very upset because I haven't been able to replace one special globe. It gets harder to decorate because of the time involved. Last year was pretty lean because we had just moved into this house and I was still in the unpacking mode. But I had given Santa our forwarding address and he was able to make it down our chimney on time!

• anjabee
    17 years ago

LOVE Scottie Santa! I have one almost just like the one in the chair. Great stuff. TFS!! ~Anj

• craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

Wow, really pretty Santa display Rosemary. They are all very lovely. You and your DH are darlings for donating your tall tree to the Homeless Shelter, God Bless You.

Sal

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz