Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

I've been up all night....

anjabee
17 years ago

I didn't get a wink of sleep last night. Up with 2 and 8 yr olds throwing up. Then my 5 yr old had diarrhea. The ones throwing up were at it about every 30 minutes and you know 2 yr olds can't control when or where it goes so I was doing laundry all night too. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be in zombie mode today. Hope nobody else gets sick before Christmas...especially me! I have so much left to do! 1st on the list...Lysol the whole house!

I feel bad for my 12 yr old because she has a Christmas program at school today and now I don't think we'll be able to go. Maybe DH can get off and video it for me. If not she'll be disappointed. When it rains it pours. Reverse that. Trying not to be negative this week.

At least while I was up staring at the walls I noticed a few more things I don't think I've posted yet so I'll have to try to get a few pics up today. ~Anj

Comments (6)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Hi Anj, Not what you needed right now, huh? We've already had it here. GD, DS, and DIL all had it, then I kept the GD and ended up with it. Vomiting and diarrhea only lasted over night--took it easy the next day, then was fine. Not sure how, but DH escaped it. Lucky him! Sorry your DD may have to miss her program at school. Know she will be disappointed. The bright side is that all three got it at once so now it will be over with--IF you or DH can avoid it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for luck.

I don't seem to be getting much done, sure no painting, even though there were still projects I wanted to do. I've kept the GD quite a bit lately. Most of the shopping and wrapping are done--just a couple more things to pick up. Got to deliver my gifts for the neighbors--maybe Saturday or Sunday. I'll be working at the store Thurs. & Fri.--possibly Sat. too.

We're going over to DS's on Christmas Eve for dinner (I'm taking the food) and Christmas movies and then early Christmas morning to watch GD open her gifts and play with all her new stuff. They said it would be easier for them to do it all at their house, and DH and I are flexible so it is fine with us. Having only one son makes things pretty simple.

GD is so excited about it all this year. Couldn't wait to "touch" the pretty lights. Loved the tree in the living room--kept saying "what's it doing now, Daddy?" Not sure what she thought it would do! Ha ha Reluctantly agreed to sit on "Santa's" lap for her picture, and tells everybody "Ho Ho Ho--Merry Christmas!" We're loving every minute of it!

Hope you get a chance for a nap today Anj. And sure hope you don't catch that "bug".

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks luvs, I just sat down to have breakfast. DD is the only one of the kids who hasn't had it. The other 3 seem to be doing ok this morning, but 2 and 8 yr olds are really tired and probably a little dehydrated today. Trying to pump them full of liquids and hoping they will nap so I can catch a few zzzz's. The other two went to school. I thought DD would be disappointed because DH and I couldn't make it to her program, but DH said he'd get off work early and come video it for me to see while I stay home with the others.

My 2 yr old is fun this year too with Christmas. She loves the lights and she finally figured out what Santa is all about and she tells everybody "Santa come and bring me toys". If they ask her if she's been good of course she says "yay-us". ha She also tells everyone Merry Christmas. Went to Wallys yesterday and they had a lot of displays up and she would let out the ear splitting squeal of delight. We'd have to sit and look at everything for a few minutes while she oohed and aahed. It's fun to see them so excited.
    I have a few more projects left to do so I think I'll go work on them before I fall asleep sitting here. :) Later~Anj

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Good morning Anj, Just checking to see if you wre able to avoid that bug the kids all had. Hope so.

Was supposed to work today, but owner decided to not even open--been pretty slow downtown--think everyone is at the big malls. So I have the whole day off.

Need to go to the grocery store--running out of everything. Then I want to finish my wrapping and put the bows and pretties on the packages.

Found a cute little pattern of two snowpeople that says "Snow in Love" that I want to paint for a tie on for DIL's gift. It should be a really fast project.

How about you? Are you pretty much finished and ready? Of course, I know you will be cooking--with four little ones, I imagine you do allot of that!

We went to see the lights last night. GD took a late nap so she could stay up later. She's not out after dark very often, and she was very impressed with the lights. She kept saying "they're everywhere!" Her favorite seemed to be the lighted deer! She didn't like a big blowup Grinch at all. Kept looking at it as we walked past then said "What's he thinking, Gramma?" Don't think she liked his expression! Ha ha So nice that the families in this one area all decorate their homes so beautifully for everyone to enjoy. What a hassle it must be for them having to deal with all the traffic for the whole month of December.

Better get moving. I'll catch you later. Hope everyone has a great day. Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey luvs~ looks like it's come to a screaching halt around here. Too much still left to do and most of the painting has stopped for now. Have 2 more projects to finish up. I did get the rest of the wrapping done this morning while the kids are in school. I went grocery shopping before the big storm hit so I'm set for that.

Unfortunately I didn't miss the bug. It got me hard yesterday and didn't let up until the wee hours of the morning. I just ate for the first time since breakfast yesterday and wishing I had waited. UGH. That is the sickest I've been in a long time. Thankfully I think we are all thru it in time for Christmas. DH had it yesterday too.

Snow is dumping on us today and the roads are yucky, but we still might try to go look at the lights tonight. We have gifts to deliver tomorrow and then DH's Christmas party to go to that night so we won't be able to take the kids then. I know my 2yr old will love it too.

Hope you enjoy your day off. I am cleaning my house from stem to stern since my kids decided to destoy it while mom was out of it. Have a great day! ~Anj

• girlsingardens
    17 years ago

We have had the Christmas flu the last 4 years. This is the first year that no one has been sick. 2 of the years I was pregnant and with the flu, not much fun. I know what you are going through. our 1 year old was a bit sick last week but cleared up in a day.

Hoping that your Christmas did turn out:)

Stacie

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Hi Stacie, Nice to hear from you. I really hated for Anj to get that bug--she has been so busy painting projects for gifts and keeping up with all the other activities. Hopefully, it was all done before Christmas day.
    I have been fighting a cold and sore throat this week--just kept taking medicine and going on. Didn't want to spoil the holiday for my family. This morning I slept in a bit and am going to just stay in and putter around a bit today. Hope it doesn't get any worse!
    Hope some of us have more pics to share soon. I've really loved seeing everyone's Christmas projects and decorations. I've got one more thing I need to take a pic of and get posted. Then I better get busy working on some new stuff or I won't have anything to share!
    Please stop by and chat with us anytime you can--we love lots of company!
    Luvs

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County