Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Hi Anj

luvstocraft
16 years ago

Bet you have been a busy lady this week? Haven't seen you on any of the forums much lately. When is your block class? Is DH having good luck with drilling the holes? Hope so.

I have three little ornaments I'm trying to work on--but think the white spray paint incident took the "oomph" out of me. Just so disgusted with myself and not wanting to redo all the shading and some of the detail work on that sign. Maybe I'll get in the mood later this week now that my decorating is pretty much done. Never been finished this early before.

Found a nice tree on sale at Lowe's so bought it and got it put up right away--usually I wait until later in the month so the real tree won't dry out so much. Will be nice to not have to worry about that anymore.

Have you been decorating? Hope DH helped you get all the things out of the attic. Be careful not to cause your back to act up--this is not the time for that to happen! Yikes!

Well, drop me a note and let me know what you are in the middle of when you get a minute, okay?

Luvs

Comments (4)

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Hey you! I have been so busy with Christmas shopping, decorating, and trying to get ready for this class on Friday (keep thinking of things I need). Keep waking up at 3am with panic attacks about this class. This is why I never do these things. :P Anyway, at 4am this morning I thought about table covers since they'll be working with glue so will need to call the lady today and see if I need to provide that or if they have something they use. How many regular bottles of modge podge do you think I need for 35 people? I got 2, but I think I may need to go get another one. DH got all the holes drilled, but they have water inside that I'm hoping is gonna dry out before Friday. That's all I need to do is electrocute someone. ha The lights I got were for indoor use only so not made for wet conditions.

I got a few things painted on Sunday. Just a few little ornies and got my Pilgrim Bear finished so I can put him away until next year. Just have to finish up the sign he hangs from and I'll post pics.

I don't know if I'm gonna be able to do my 12 days this year. I just can't seem to get anything else together for it and I like to actually put some thought into the gifts instead of just throwing it together. We weren't doing it for a needy family this year anyway so if I get a little breathing room after this week I'll still try to work on it, but if not I'm just gonna bag it until next year.

I'm glad you got your tree. I think you will enjoy having the fake one. I sure have! The only thing I miss is the smell, but I'm allergic anyway so it's better for me not to be sneezing my way thru Dec. ha

It's supposed to snow today and tomorrow so I'm not going out. Gotta use these days to catch up on housework and laundry. Supposed to let up on Thurs so I have to go that day to see if I can find something to wear to DH's Christmas party on Sat. Feels like all I do anymore is rush rush rush. ha Think for the Christmas holidays I'm gonna take a vacation and just paint. ha

Guess I'd better go iron some clothes for the kids and DH to wear today and then get busy. Check ya later. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good morning! Well, only two more days till your class! Be sure to come tell me all about your class. I'm sure you will end up having a good time--but just know that women tend to talk more than they listen! LOL

If the water hasn't dried in the blocks yet, you might try using your blow dryer on them, maybe that will dry them out. I'd say three bottles of Mod Podge should work--take some little jars or plates so you can divide it up to make the sharing easier. Maybe some extra brushes for it too. Those ladies are going to be so thrilled with their creations! ;o)

I think your 12 days are nice, but soooo much work for you--especially when you always put so much thought and creativity into your items. Might be good to give yourself a break this year. You can still gift one or two of your neighbors with something if you want--but not have to come up with 12 different things!

There's a little craft show at a local church tomorrow and my DIL's parents want to go with me. Maybe I'll take them for lunch after. There's a big old house that's a restaurant now that is kinda cute called the Souper--maybe we will go there. I'll let you know if I see any new ideas.

The tree looks good, and I am glad not to have to worry about dried out needles catching fire. It came with white lights, but little GD wanted "rainbow" lights, so Gramma put some strands of colored lights on too! ;o) My decorations are not very fancy--I have wooden and plaster ornies that I've made over the years, and some Avon ones I bought when I used to be an Avon lady! LOL GD loved looking at all of them and talking about them. She is really into all of the decorations this year--is your little one more interested this year too?

We are going to a Christmas dinner out on Saturday evening too. Not a party, just dinner at a restaurant with a group from DH's work. Hope you found a pretty dress for your party.

Better get moving here--time slips away from me while I'm on here.

Luvs

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Morning. Got another 4 whole hours of sleep last night. Really wish I wouldn't have been blessed with such a nervous disposition. ha I even had a stomach ache when I got up and I know it's nothing but nerves. The lady called last night and said I need to drill 2 more blocks. I'll have to use the hairdryer as you suggested to get them dry in time. I bought some little clear plastic cups for the modge podge and a big bag of sponge brushes at Hobby Lobby for them to use.

I think you are right on the 12 day gifts. I think I'm just gonna skip it this year. I still have to come up with about 15 neighbor gifts, just some people that we exchange gifts with every year. I guess it's not really neighbor gifts since some of them don't live near us, but you get the idea. ha Some will be only a few $$'s while others will be gift certificates and whatnot. The little widow lady behind us is getting a really pretty soft lap blanket from us this year.

I went back over to The Quilted Bear on Monday and I was so wishing you were there. You would just love it I think. So many pretty things to oooh and aaaah over. And now they have it all decked out for Christmas. My 3 yr old was just in awe of the huge Santa displays they had up. She was hysterical while we were taking out the Christmas decorations. She was just like a kid in a candy store. She has been playing with some the ones I gave her on a low shelf. She "helped" her g-ma decorate their house too and I think they had a good time with her making her comments about everything. This is definitely going to be a good year for them to enjoy things. Neleh keeps asking when "hoho" is gonna bring her shoppy thing (shopping cart). ha She wakes up every morning and goes to look under the tree. Too funny.

I hope you have fun on your outting today. The restaurant sounds good too. I still didn't find anything to wear to the C party, but DH said he's go with me to the mall Sat morning so hopefully I'll find something then. I do need to go run a few errands today and pick out paint. The sheetrock is up in the bathroom finally and will be ready for paint this weekend, but my nephew is coming in from LA and we have the C party, so don't know when we'll have time to paint. I may have to do it the first of next week.

Anyway, time to take DD to school. Have a great day! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Anj, I'll be thinking about you doing your class. Know everyone will enjoy it.
    I'll try to get back on here tonight to tell you about the little craft show too.

Take care and have a good day.

Luvs

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!