Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Anj, I scared myself

luvstocraft
16 years ago

Hi Anj, You know age doesn't always make you smart! I did something stupid yesterday. I had moved furniture, taken curtains down and washed them, vacuumed and scrubbed the floors, etc. in the family room. Then decided to get down on my hands and knees and scrub the grout and the rough texture in my laundry room tiles. I used the spray bottle of Clorex Cleanup and really scrubbed well--my dogs water and food is in there as well as my painting/craft area so it gets tracked up a bit. Later, when I sat down at the computer to read the forums, I realized that I was having to read things over two or three times and it wasn't making any sense to me! Then I realized that I still had that smell in my nostrils, and a splitting headache! Sort of scared me, so I went outside to get some fresh air, and then took a couple of Tylenol. DH thought maybe I had a stroke because I was sort of "woosey" and my head really hurt. He even marked off work because he didn't want to leave until he knew I was alright! I convinced him that I thought it was just from being on my hands and knees in that small unventilated room using the Clorox. I feel much better this morning, only a slight lingering headache. Guess they put those warning labels on bottles for a GOOD reason, don't they? Luvs

Comments (9)

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Oh gosh! I'm glad you are ok! I've done that before too! We have a closet-sized bathroom and sometimes I forget to open the window when I'm cleaning the shower. What a sick feeling it gives you. And for some reason it doesn't smell as strong when you are there with it. DH will come thru and get on to me to open the window cause it's choking him out. So glad you are ok. Hope your headache goes away and don't you do that again!! You'll have to use something a little less toxic to clean your floors with next time! ha Watch yourself today just to make sure that's what it was! We want to keep you around for a long time yet! ha Love ya, hun. Take care. ~Anj

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Luvs~ are you ok??? You have usually posted by now and with your not feeling well you got me worried! ha I'm gonna go look at the other forums and see if you maybe posted there. Hopefully you are just having a good time doing something fun like playing with GD. Jump in real quick if you get a sec and give me a little wave to let me know you are okie dokie! ü ~Anj

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Ok, never mind....I just saw a Thurs post from you over on Crafts. ha Now I can continue to peruse the forums in peace. ha ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Aww! That was sweet of you to be concerned about me. I stopped by here, but nothing was going on so I headed over to check the other two. I'm doing okay--got another doozy of a headache yesterday afternoon and all I was doing was looking through some clippings sitting on the couch--not sure what brought that on! So far today I am feeling normal. We took walks with the dogs yesterday and this morning, and I am up and about, so far so good. Maybe it is just my turn to get migraines! LOL Anyway, thanks for checking on me. Luvs

• susiesunshine
    16 years ago

I am telling you .... SEE>>> I'm allergic to cleaning house.... I have a sign that says....
    I cleaned my house last week.... tooooo bad you missed it !!!
    DO you get it LUVS>>>>> house cleaning is hazardious ...how ever you spelll it... it's dangerous..
    SO get a Sign... HARD HAT AREA>>> Danger... woman on the loose with BLEACH>>>
    No truly..
    seriously... I'm glad you are ok ! I had a similar experience... and I keep trying to sell my DH on the fact that...house cleaning is dangerous !!
    Take Care..
    use baking soda... and white vinegar to clean.. and don't you go inhaling that strong stuff again...
    we need you to keep INSPIRING US !
    Thanks for sharing
    God Bless !!!
    susiesunshine

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Susie~ think I need one of those signs too....more time for painting!! ha ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the kind thoughts Susie. Housecleaning is sure not my favorite thing. Would like it better if only it lasted a bit longer! LOL

My DH told my DS and DIL, and they are both insisting that I need to go to the doctor in case it wasn't just the fumes. I was planning on a physical on my next birthday, but guess I could just go do it now. I'm not one for going to the doctor very often.

Luvs

• susiesunshine
    16 years ago

HEY>>>>>>>> LUVS>>>>>>>
    Are you OK ????????
    Did you go to the DR???????
    Hope you are feeling much better... that fumes thing is very realllllllll!!!!
    Here we are scared of terriost ... or how ever you spell it..
    and you are
    fuming yourself...
    YOU BE CAREFUL>>>>
    WE N E E D YOU !!!!
    Lots of Prayers going your way !!!!
    Take care of YOU !!!
    ***** HAPPY * * * HOLIDAYS !!!
    M E R R Y + C H R I S T M A S !!!
    GOD BLESS!
    susiesunshine

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Made a doctor appt. Couldn't get in until the 29th! Told me to go to urgent care if I needed in before that. I'm feeling fine now, but think I will go ahead and keep the appt. I probably need a good checkup anyway, I haven't done that for over 5 years. I do get my mammograms regularly though. Thanks for asking about me. You are right, I'm probably my own worst enemy! LOL Luvs

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!