Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Day after greeting

luvstocraft
17 years ago

Hi All, Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of good food and family to share it with. I'm off to work today, so won't be painting. I do know that my next project will be the trash to treasure pail for my neighbor. I'm excited about finishing it so I can see her face when I return it to her! Love to do that kind of thing. Slept in a little longer this morning since it was foggy and cool outside--nice luxury once in awhile, isn't it? Know I'll probably put the Fall decorations away and start pulling out the Christmas ones after the weekend (might have to work Sat. if other employee is still sick, and little GD spends Sunday afternoons with me.) Lots of things to look forward to--hope you think so too. Have a good day, and hop on in here and chat a bit if you like. I love to hear what all of you are doing. Luvs

Comments (4)

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Happy Day After to you too Luvs!

I will be pulling out some Christmas decorations today too.
    I got to paint a little in the afternoon yesterday. Got a few pieces prepped up. Need to get a few more done today and then I'll have lots to keep me busy this week. I'm working on my wagon (finally), burner covers, a couple of jars, a wooden Christmas tree, and my Santa fan blade (still) and need one more coat on my Christmas heart with tree cut-out, a wooden chest and shelf. Got my patterns all laid out and ready to go for my pail with soap snoballs and if DH can get my boards cut then I can start my 14 Christmas signs as well. Busy Busy!! But fun. I may run to the craft store tomorrow to grab that varnish for my painted soap, a few bells and pots to paint snomen on. Aaaaaand, I still need to get everything put back up on my kitchen walls now that they are fully dry. The next few days should be a little crazy for me too. I'm excited to get these projects done. I'm sure if I sit here long enough a few more projects will come to mind. ha Oh, putting together some soap dispenser bottles for gifts (non-painting item), a painted JOY photo frame and my peat pot snoman pails. I better make a list to keep on track and before I get overwhelmed. ha Still have to fit in some time to do the Christmas shopping. Breathe, Breathe! ha Better leave some time to check in here too to catch up on what ya'll are doing. At least I won't have to cook for the next few days with all the leftovers! ha Have a wonderful day! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Anj, You just made me feel TIRED! Wow, what a lineup of projects you have there girl! Sounds to me like you might just have to burn some "midnight oil" to finish all that by Christmas! But wait! You are still YOUNG--I forgot that you still have all that youthful energy. Ha ha Sounds like you have some great projects all lined up. I'll be looking forward to all your pics as you finish them. Have fun. Luvs

• jlily
    17 years ago

I cheated and put out a few Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving because my "little" granddaughter won't be here for christmas.(I hate divorce) I couldn't decide how I was decorating. LOL BUT the next thing will definitely be Christmas. Forge ahead. Jlily

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jlily, So glad you had that time with your GD. Mine lives close by right now, and I love it. Just can't imagine how hard it would be if they lived far away! Good you got some Christmas decs already out--now you have a head start. I pulled the boxes down and out of the storage area yesterday --then I was tired so haven't started decorating yet. Trying to get some painting done too, so will just do some of each today I guess. It's fun tho, and I am so glad I get to be home more now--don't know how I did everything and worked 40+ hours a week too! Guess you just do what you gotta do, right? TTYL Luvs