Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Any progress reports?

luvstocraft
17 years ago

Boy, not much activity on here all of a sudden! Hope that means everyone is busily working away on projects, and we will suddenly have an explosion of activity on here again.

I must confess that I haven't picked up a brush since last Thursday. What have I been doing???? Worked Thurs., Fri., and Saturday. Had little GD yesterday. Got to do some necessary housework today and go exchange a couple tops I bought but don't like. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, I can get going on some painting by afternoon.

Anyone have any WIP reports, or just general chit chat to share? Hope so. I miss you all.

Luvs

Comments (2)

• anjabee
    17 years ago

The only thing I have to share is SNOW and lots of it. I had to go do some shopping and run errands today before the brunt of it hits tonight, but I'll be inside the rest of the week painting and trying to stay warm! Below freezing for the rest of the week here. brrrr! Amazing how different the weather is just two states over, eh?

I have a lot of things in progress, but only one thing finished. I'll take a pic and post it tomorrow.

Hey! I forgot! I ran in the TS today and somebody must have been cleaning out their painting stuff because there were a bunch of pattern books for 25cents each. I got quite a few...maybe 8 or so??? Didn't take time to really look at them, but if there was one pattern I liked when flipping thru them I went ahead and got it. Left some that I knew I'd never use. I was pretty excited about those though.

Just got home a little while ago so I better get some housework done before Family Night tonight. I never did get my Christmas stuff out over the weekend like I planned so we are doing it tonight and decorating the tree. I should have some past things to post tomorrow! Talk to ya then. Miss you too!! I hate being this rushed and hardly no time to browse the site like usual. Til tomorrow! ~Anj

Oh, I picked up some jiffy pops at Target today too and I ran into a problem with the varnish for the soaps so please go check your soap post and let me know what to do?? Have a pleasant evening. ~A

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Anj, Hey that white stuff should really get you in the mood for Christmas! Ha ha I know it makes it harder to get around, and harder to stay warm and comfortable--but it is so pretty!

We got rain here today along with a little wind. Had a little sunshine during the middle of the day, but really chilly once the sun went behind the clouds again. I was sort of glad--hard to feel Christmasy when it is too warm and sunny.

Oh, I am so excited for your luck finding painting books, and at such a good price. That doesn't happen very often. I'm needing a TS fix too--maybe get down there tomorrow for a bit.

When I look at my old books, I try to see if there is a pattern that I could add to or subtract from. Some of them I should get rid of, but then I am always afraid I will need that exact one later! Guess I am just a packrat. ;o)

Never went to return my tops today. Ended up pulling out the Christmas stuff, changing sheets, doing laundry, etc. Even made a nice hot casserole for dinner tonight. Haven't put any decorations up, but they are in the family room so I can get to them anytime the mood hits me.

DS and DIL put up lights outside and some things inside yesterday. Little GD was so excited when I took her home and she saw her house all lit up! She couldn't wait to get out of the car so she could go "touch" them.

When I get off here, I am going to do a little painting on some soaps and ornaments--need them done for gifts before Saturday.

Keep warm and enjoy your painting. I'll chat with you later.

Luvs

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors