Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

November is almost gone and here comes Christmas!

anjabee
11 years ago

Thought I'd start a new post if it will let me. Hope everyone is doing well. Please go read last months posts as I'm sure there are some who haven't seen them.
What is everyone up to?? Did you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving? We had a bounteous feast, lots of napping and the family Halo Wars ensued until the wee hours of the morning. ha

Hope everyone is gearing up to do some painting for Christmas gifts??? I'm going to try to get a few things painted here this month. Hubby is without a job again so not much money for buying gifts this year. Gonna be handmade or not at all for family and friends. ha Gotta get busy. My oldest and her boyfriend have decided they are in charge of putting up the Christmas tree this year. ha I'll have to drag it down from the attic here in a bit. Have you all started decorating yet?

Luvs...wanted to wish R. a late Happy Birthday. Went to mark something on my calendar and saw I missed it! Been that kind of month.

Anyway, Gotta get off here and get to work. Y'all have a good day, stay warm and safe!! ~AnjâÂÂ¥

Comments (9)

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Aw so sad to stop in and nobody has been here! =( Well, I'm working on some personalized gifts for a friend who lost her husband this year so I can't post pics of those. Nothing else is finished yet as far as painted items. Hope you are all doing well and I'll stop back in another day to see if anybody has been here. ~AnjâÂÂ¥

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey, nobody commented on these that I put in the gallery so wanted to make sure y'all had seen them so adding a link for ya! They all sold at the fall boutique I did. ~Anj

Here is a link that might be useful: Halloween Pumpkin Witch

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is the other one. Hope y'all enjoy em.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cute Frankie Halloween Bucket

• pezabelle
    11 years ago

Anj....been back several times but missed your halloween pix, but are super as usual!

Sorry to hear about your hubby being out of work, hope he finds something soon. Our son lost his job over a year ago and is still looking. Our area is so over populated for the jobs available, he is trying now in neighboring counties with the same luck as here. Our county has about 76, 000 people with the majority being retired.

Anyway....hope Luvs is doing well and my prayers go out to her and her hubby.

I have been decorating for over a week with "stuff" still everywhere. Hubby is going to help me today, if the football game doesn't get in the way. I finished the orny's and most have been delivered, will take some pictures as soon as I finish my photo booth. Found I needed one to properly light my finished cards. I might even sneek in a card or two.

Well, better get at things.....

Belle

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Belle! Hubby is still looking for work. He has a few more interviews set up for this week. It's a bad time of year. People just aren't hiring til after the first of the year. Hope your son finds something soon too. He is trying to use his time off work to be productive in other areas.

Haven't heard from Luvs in a while. Hope she is doing good too and enjoying some time with her grand-daughter during the holidays.

I may have one thing to post. Not sure if I already posted a pic or not. Hope you'll post anything you do. Even cards here. I'd love to see em! I have a lot of last minute gifts to get done this week before the kids are out on Friday for the long holiday. Take care! ~Anj

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is the link to the new one I posted in the gallery. =)

Here is a link that might be useful: Snowman with Birdhouse Box

• pezabelle
    11 years ago

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to All!

Anj...peeked at your snowman and he is awesome, so well done!

Taking a break between batches of cookies, having two groups of family in on two different days is stretching out my cooking and baking.

I finished the photo light box but something is still wrong, my old "cheap" easy share camera took better pictures than my new Fuji. Guess I really need to read the instruction book more carefully. Darn me for gining the old camera away.

The weather has been rotten....or I guess just normal. I don't mind the rain, it's the dark days that puts me in a funk.

Well, guess I will get that next batch of cookies made and then start the pie sticks, then the, and so on.

Luv and Anj, Punk and anyone who drops in...I sincerely hope you have a bright Christmas and the New Year is filled with joy and that each day is better than the day before!

Merry Christmas and God Bless,

Claudia

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I hope you all had a very nice Christmas as well. I think I made about 20 dozen cookies. I was in the kitchen all day yesterday. We did Cajun BBQ ribs, BBQ beans, augratin potatoes, buttery corn and big butt rolls for our dinner yesterday. Lots of dips and treats too.
    I hope you can get your camera to do what you want. I just saw a tip on pinterest about putting a white grocery bag over the flash of the camera. It has worked for me in a couple of good people shots. You still get a flash but it doesn't make it so bright. I'm gonna try it next time I take a shot of one of my projects.
    We have snow for the next couple of days. I don't enjoy the gloomy days either. Definitely make me grouchy.
    Well, back to my books. As usual when looking for a new project to paint I end up having way too much fun looking thru the books and don't get any painting done! ha Need to find what I'm gonna paint on first and THEN look for a pattern to go on it. ~Anj

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is another tutorial on taking pics that I ran across today. Thought you might like to skim it Belle. ~Anj

Here is a link that might be useful: Indoor photo tutorial

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH