Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Was the party yesterday?

luvstocraft
16 years ago

Hi Anj, just wondering how the party went. It was last night wasn't it? Bet everyone enjoyed the picture cd you put together. Know that was allot of work, but what a keepsake that will be for you and your brothers. ;o) I'm sure everyone had a great time, but be sure to fill me in on all the hilights. I've missed you on here these past few days! Luvs

Comments (3)

• anjabee
    16 years ago

I'm back finally! Boy I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders! DH and I had to cook Crawfish Chowder for a bunch of people Friday night. Got home from that at 11:30 started putting the music to my slideshow and we did a test run and it wouldn't translate to a cd to play on the projector. It kept crashing!! All that work I did for nothing!! Wah! So DH figured out that he had Powerpoint on his laptop so we had to stay up until 4am and work all day Sat to transfer all the pics to that program. While he was doing that I was decorating some of the battery operated candles up with bows and things and wrapping gifts and then remembered that I never got centerpieces for the tables. Ran down to $1 store and found some wide mouth glasses, turquoise flat marbles and the battery operated tea lights, used the net bags the rocks came in to wrap around them and make bows. They turned out good and and everyone commented on how cute they were. Anyway, it all turned out terrific. My DM was totally surprised and burst into tears when she came in. Never expected a thing and had been griping about them not doing anything for their anniversary this year. haha We did the slideshow while we ate, we had done up some little skits to exaggerate their little quirks and they laughed so hard, then we all kinda said some nice things about them, my dad did a little presentation using the gkids to bring in gifts to my mom as he read thru his speech. They did a spotlight dance to "their song" and we cut the cake. It was a very nice night and they really enjoyed themselves and they've told us over and over how much it meant to them both and how nice everything was. And it was a nice night, but am I ever glad that's over....at least until the 50th anniversary! ha We had a bunch of food left over so everybody came over to our house yesterday to eat again and we played games until late.
    I'm just pooped and want to relax a little today and maybe take a little TS trip today just to get out of the house and walk around. We are going to take the kids Santa shopping tonight to Toysrus to see what's out there and let them make out their lists. I have not bought the first thing and I'm usually close to done by now. I can't believe I'm not stressing about that, but I guess my stress out button is burned out. ha
    Anyway, I now just have to get thru Thanksgiving, the glass block hoopla and Christmas and hopefully things can slow back down to a normal pace.
    Hope you had a nice weekend. :) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank Goodness you're back! I missed you so much! Always look forward to our little "chats" every day or two. ;o)

The party sounds so nice. I'll bet your Mom was just thrilled. The whole thing sounds so sweet. You and your DH were just so dedicated to getting the pictures and music to work--how great that he pitched in and helped you with it. What a great daughter you are!

You aren't having Thanksgiving at your house this year are you? Thought I remembered something about you going somewhere. Sure hope so, you need a bit of a break I think.

I'm excited about your class. Can't wait to hear how it goes and the comments the ladies make when they see how pretty their projects turn out. You are gonna owe your DH big time for cutting all those glass blocks! He will certainly be an expert by the time he does all of those. I might get DH to give it a try with me after he retires and has more time (and patience) to fool with stuff I want to do. I do think the blocks are so pretty and great for a nice night light even.

Hope you have good luck at the TS. I get the "urge" to go about once a week--always afraid I might be missing out on something good! LOL

I'm mostly going to be doing housework to have everything looking good for Thanksgiving. Haven't cooked it for two years now--hope I haven't lost my touch! LOL My problem is that I get carried away when I am going to have company and want to clean everything! Like the top of the cabinets (and everything on them) the ceiling fans, the carpets, etc. you get the picture. Just wear myself out--and I don't think anyone really notices or cares for that matter! LOL It's just how I am--drives DH crazy! Probably why we don't entertain much! LOL

Gotta get going. Glad you're back. I'll talk to you soon.

Luvs

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Um, I'm still sitting here in my jammies. hahaha Trying to catch up on all my emails and sites that I've missed. I've missed you a bunch too. And Yes, I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year. My DH won't go anywhere else. I usually go overboard with food, but I'm gonna try to do the minimal this year. Yep, the cleaning bug usually takes me over too. Gotta clean all the little places that we don't really think about until company is coming. ha We don't entertain much either. DH would love it if we did, but he doesn't understand all the work that goes into it.

I'm the same on the TS. I get the urge about once a week too and if I don't go it's just nagging at the back of my brain that I'm missing something good!! ha I think we are addicted! ha

Guess I'll work on the glass blocks next week and give myself a little break from worrying about that until she can give me a full count. She called and told me that some people just want the blocks drilled to do their own thing with which I'm not sure that's what I signed up for and DH is probably not gonna be very happy that she's volunteered him to drill holes for half the county. Remind me again why I said I'd do this???? ha

Oh and I don't think I told you after you asked the other day, but my bathroom hasn't been touched since before my company got here. He hasn't come back once. His wife had some kind of surgery and he's been having to help her with the kids, but he's not called or anything. We saw him Halloween night and he asked us to be patient with him, but this short term project is already going onto a month and he's not giving us any sign he's gonna get it done any time soon. I've got people coming for Thanksgiving now and also another BIL and his wife may be coming from Louisiana to visit in Dec. Grrrr. DH said he's just gonna get in there this weekend and try to get some of the sheetrocking done. DH already did the electrical stuff. So why are we paying the other guy? It's a big old mess.

Well, guess I'll go shower and get myself into gear for the day since it's almost noon. ha Check ya later! :) ~Anj

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner