Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

How was your Thanksgiving???

anjabee
16 years ago

We ate far too much and then couldn't do anything for the rest of the day.......except eat a little more when there was room. ha Hope you all had an excellent meal and got to spend the day with those you love. I'm so thankful for our little painting group here. It's been a fun year! Keep on painting! ~Anj

Comments (6)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Hi Anj, I'm not very energetic this morning, sorta plan to "take the day off". Had a great day yesterday, sent lots of food home with DIL and still have enough for two or three days for the two of us! We played some Dominoes and Skipbo in the afternoon. Little GD was so cute, sat on her momma's lap and kept saying "We're gonna beat you Gramma". Her Mom would let her play the piece for her, and she was so good at matching it up just right! Got some new school pictures from Pre-school, turned out really good. ;o)

I'm glad you had a good day and plenty to eat too. So nice just to have the family all together for the day isn't it?

Nice to sign on here this morning and see some new pics from Oceana and Gail. Glad they have joined us. Wish we had lots more on here to chat with us and discuss painting projects. I am really thankful for these forums, just starts my day off in a fun way.

Hey, I got my whole house all cleaned really good now--guess I'm ready to put away the Fall things and start thinking about Christmas decorations.

I've got a couple of gift items I need to get painted next, and then we will see what else appeals to me. I've been enjoying it, just the right mood for it I guess.

Have a great day, and I'll talk to you later. Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm putting my Christmas tree up today. Gotta get DH to help me get everything down from the attic. We didn't do anything yesterday. Just caught up on some of our network shows that we like to watch like CSI's and then watched a couple of movies. Well, he watched, I kinda napped in between. ha Feels good to just take a day off and do nothing sometimes.

I'm so glad we've got some new painters here with us. It is fun to see their projects. I'm feeling guilty for not contributing lately. I really want to be painting, but other things have gotten in my way. Glad you have been able to do some really neat ones lately. Look forward to seeing all you are working on. It is a good time to paint when the cold outdoors is no longer calling to us. ha At least for me. Only in the 40's here. Probably a little warmer where you are. Happy Saturday! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Hi Anj, I've had a busy morning. My microwave quit on me, so DS came over to help DH remove it so we can get a new one to install. It's mounted under a cabinet over my stove, so I had to remove the things out of that top cabinet for them. I've also been trying to box up all the Fall stuff. Took it all down yesterday, but was lazy and didn't go ahead and box it and put it away!

Yes, it is nice to take a day off once in awhile. Just feels good to kick back and watch movies or snooze!

I'm wanting to buy a fake tree this year. I've always held out for a real one--but tired of worrying about it getting dry and catching on fire. Last two years, we've had winds so all the trees on the lots got dry faster. Darn, the fake ones have gotten high. And now there's a new kind out that I'm trying to decide whether I want it or the regular kind. Just too many decisions all the time! LOL

Our weather has cooled off, but we are in the 70's today. Had some Santa Ana winds out of the east, so the sky is clear and the sun is shining so it is really pretty outside. Even when I paint, I take breaks and go outside with my dogs several times--they usually beg me to blow bubbles for them! LOL

Better get busy around here. I'll be back later. Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Guess I never got back to this one. ha Sorry about the microwave. Mine's been acting funny. Sparking at different times when there is nothing metal in it and the glass front has a leak or something because condensation has started getting in between the liner and the glass and now it has these brown spots in between that I can't get to to clean. It was a year old in August so doubt there is a warranty left. Aggravating.
    We have had a fake tree for about 6 years and I love it. DH prefers the real ones, but I don't like the needle cleanup and they always get brittle about as soon as we bring them home. Plus I'm allergic so there's another good reason for the fakie. I still haven't gotten mine up yet. Got all my fall stuff in a pile ready to box up and return to the attic, but DH hasn't been home long enough to help me get the Christmas stuff down and I can't do it by myself. Still plenty of time.
    My brother flew out to Los Angeles yesterday for work. He didn't even take a jacket so hoping your 70's stay at least until Friday when he gets back. ha
    Your dogs sound fun. Mine is so old (close to 80 in dog years) we now have to carry him up and down the stairs when he comes in and out. Poor old thing. He's totally deaf, losing his teeth, his back legs are going out and he will hardly let anyone touch him. Considering putting him to sleep, but such a hard decision to make. He was my first kid. :(
    Well, I better get going. Have to do some more shopping today and going to buy those glass blocks so DH can start drilling them. It's supposed to snow at around 2pm so I need to get out and back before then. Utahans don't drive so well in the first snows of the season for some reason. Still think they can go the same speeds so I hate being on the roads with them. I avoid it if possible. CYlater ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Hi Anj, Did you write this yesterday morning? Not sure how I missed it. Your brother will wish he had a jacket! Even when it is in the 70's during the day, them temps drop once the sun goes down. Bet he got pretty chilly if he was out in the evening! Today it is supposed to be in the 70's too, but right now it's only about 51. A sweater of jacket feels good.

I spent yesterday trying to get my Christmas decorating up. Boy, you sure have to make a big mess before it all turns out pretty! LOL I've got boxes in the living room and in the family room. I've looked at several trees, but haven't made a decision yet. DH and I were at Lowe's so I showed him some of the trees. He didn't like any of them! (And here I thought I was the one holding out for real ones all these years!) Guess I will just have to make a decision and buy it. Once it is decorated, it will look fine. Boy, there are some expensive ones out there! Some of the new soft plastic ones were from $200 to $500. Not in my price range! Last year we didn't put one up because we would be leaving in rv right after Christmas and not able to take it down. We are doing Christmas Eve and Day at DS' house, but I sort of like having one--looks so pretty and makes the house feel festive.

We found a microwave similar to our old one at Sears. Of course, they didn't have white ones in stock so had to order it. Supposed to be in this afternoon. We needed the kind that mounts under the cabinet over the range. We're hoping that the new mounting plate will be identical to the old one so we don't have to reinstall it, but probably won't be that lucky! LOL DS had a countertop one sitting in his garage so he brought it over for me to use until the new one gets installed.

Haven't had time for any painting this week so far. I want to do the touch up on the sign I messed up with the spray paint so I can see how it is going to look. I'm thinking it will probably get hung on the side gate where I don't have to look at it all the time! LOL Doubt if anyone else would even notice anything had happened--but I know. LOL

There was a Carol Duvall show on tv this week where they showed the glass blocks. They sure look pretty. Have you already found the graphics? Did you DH get one of the Diamond bits? Did he have any difficulty on the one he did? Have you read the post on the Crafts forum about the blocks. Two of those ladies have made allot of them.

Good luck with all your shopping and decorating. Bet the snow will look pretty, but I know what you mean about the drivers--same thing around here when it rains, the idiots don't have enough sense to slow down.

I'll check back in here before bedtime.

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey, I think DB brought a hoodie thing with him for re-entry to Utah so hopefully that will keep him warm enough while he's there. ha
    I finally got DH to help me get the tree out of the attic this morning so I'm gonna put it up today! I was looking at trees for my DB the other day and you are right, very expensive. We were lucky and got ours at K-mart one year. They had sold out of it and so sold us the display at a big discount with all the decorations! There was a bigger tree there with red and gold decorations that I really would have loved to have, but the one we got had blue and silver. The prices were still on everything and when we added it up the decs alone were about $150! Way more than we paid for the tree! I haven't used the blue too much, but I've used the silver and white stuff with my red stuff and it looks good.
    Sears is where we got our microwave. Kinda disappointed that it hasn't held up too well. We have a place for the microwave under a cabinet beside the stove. Don't know why they did it that way. The next one I get will be above the stove. There will be an empty shelf left but I'll fill it with cookbooks and whatnots and probably a few cows!! ha Funny how much we've come to rely on those microwaves though. Don't realize how much you really use it until it's gone. ha
    I remember my feelings of disgust when my projects got painted over so I can imagine your feelings on the sign. ha You are right though, nobody else will know when you get it done.
    I have seen the discussions over on Crafts with the glass blocks. DH got some kind of glass and tile drill bit at Lowes that worked good. Only took about 10 minutes to do the block. I've got to get this class done so I can get some good sleep. Keep waking up at around 3am in a panic about it. Grrr. I've got the graphics I'm using from the free pchugbug thing they sent me when I signed up there. I was just going to have everyone do the snowman one I showed you, but now the lady wants me to have some different ones to choose from now. She's aggravating me just a tad. ha I bought ribbons to go with the snowman one and now need to have a few extras of different colors for the other graphics. So gotta go and see if I can hit a different Walmart since I've bought all the Christmas ribbon at mine and maybe the $1 store. OH and I saw a smaller block light at the store the other day. They had done like a rub on kinda thing on it that wasn't even on there straight and just tied a tiny regular bow at the top and they wanted $20 for it. Went to Lowes to get the glass blocks and they were almost out! Got 2 cases there and have to go to another Lowes across town to get 2 more cases. This is making me a crazy person. ha

Well, guess I'll go get started on the tree. Good luck in finding one ya'll like. :) Checkyalater ~Anj

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area