Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintgirl2008

New Question

paintgirl2008
14 years ago

This doesn't concern painting, but I was wondering if anyone on here is on Facebook? I see that a lot of the "Big Name" painters are and I even have some on my friend list. It is a good way to see what others are doing, tho some people do not like it. Just wondering.

I am really enjoying seeing all the art on here, I will try to post some later. This has been an aggravating few weeks-we are trying to upgrade our house-everything is falling apart at the same time.My Dh used to do all the fixing , but since he is disabled we have to hire people and believe me it is a job to get some one to actually work! But That is just life and eventually it will be done.Everyone have a nice weekend.

Shirley

Comments (7)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Shirley, I haven't gotten into facebook yet--I have a hard time just keeping up with this forum and the blogs I like to browse. So are they showing pics of their projects or just chatting or what? Maybe someday I will take the plunge and get on there. Luvs

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

I joined facebook a few months back and then wondered what all of the hoop-la was about. Thought it was just for people that have nothing to do but tell the world what they are doing. Now that I have been on for a while, it is surprising to me that I like it. I am still experiementing (meaning I don't know what the heck I am doing) with picking up more paint sites, but do have a couple. You can blog, show pictures and keep in contact with others easily.

There are games and tokens and heartbeats, but I don't join that kind of thing because Facebook wants to get into my email account and tell everyone there about my gaming and some of the people on my email lists do not need to know those things about me. But a lot of people do like them.

You can go to facebook and see my site at: Joan Martin Marion. Normally I would not give my name on the internet, but guess what... it is there anyway.

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Shirley,

I'm sorry I missed your post. I don't have a facebook account nor do I want one. I'm to busy for that. I don't have time to keep up with email and here at times. But if you keep talking about painters I might have to get one.

CT, I went there and wasn't able to get in without signing up or I would of checked out your site. Is there a way to see your site without me signing up a new acccount?

I hope you will answer Luvs questions and anything else you think might interest us, so we have more information about facebook.

Thanks in advance. Punk

• paintgirl2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Facebook can be a lot of fun,you can put as much or as little time in it as you like. You do have to set up an account and have people as friends to see others posts. People usually just put little snippets about what they are doing-your friends can read it and comment if they want to.And you can post pictures. Lots of painters and all kind of celebrities have face book pages.
    I have Mary Jo Leisure, Trudy Beard,Judy Westgaard, and Elizabeth Robbins Pruitt and can see some of their work and learn a little bit about them. Elizabeth Robbins Pruitt does the MOST BEAUTIFUL still lifes with roses and flowers I have ever seen in my entire life. Her paintings are in several galleries and bring huge prices,and deserve it.I have some of Mary Jo Leisure,s books from the past. Her work is beautiful and from reading her posts she is a wonderful Christian lady.
    A lot of people worry about privacy, and it is always something to think about on the web. I have blocked all applications that I feel bad about, and do not accept "gifts" from anyone on there. But I enjoy looking and posting and reading others posts. I even found my nephew I hadn't seen in 15 years! I guess it can be a good thing or a bad thing ,whichever way you look at it. Just be vigilant.
    This has been a rambling post I know. I am not advocating it
    but it can be fun!! And we all love our painters!!
    Bless you all and happy Monday!!!!
    Shirley

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Shirley,
    Thank you so much for all the information. You have sparked my interest so I'll check into this more when I have time. Sue Pruitt is one of my favorite artists and I wonder if she is related to Elizabeth Robbins Pruitt? All of the other artist you mentioned are wonderful painters.

Thanks again. Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

I love to visit blogs to see what is going on, and don't really understand the difference between facebook, twitter, and blogs yet. Why do we need so many ways to communicate? It is all confusing to me. So it would seem that you have to be a member to find anyone on there, right? Guess I need to check into it more too--hate to be "not with it" too much. LOL

Luvs

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

I joined facebook but haven't taken the time to figure out how to navigate anything there. I hate being behind the time, but then I only have so much time each day and after this forum and my pez forum I spend way to much time on my computer and not enough time painting. Maybe this winter when things slow down (does that ever happen?)I can spend some time there and maybe like other computer puzzles I have worked I can get it all together. Any suggestions or help would be really nice.

Moving out of the horse and buggy era...Belle

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts