Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
colour_me_violet

A new tole painter

colour_me_violet
17 years ago

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new tole painter. I've had the opportunity to paruse the forum for two evenings now and am very impressed. What a wonderful outlet.

At this point I've made a few beginner projects. I have a wonderful teacher and I can't seem to take in enough. I am very pleased to have found such an outlet because for some reason I'm having difficulties with supplies and such. I seem to be limited in the area I live. But I still manage to find something. Looking forward to some interesting conversations.

Comments (6)

• anjabee
    17 years ago

WElcome Violet! Almost missed your post since I think they just added this "Off Topic" part to the forum and I only just noticed it.
    This forum had pretty much died and a few of us are trying to breathe some life back into it. We don't have many who are posting yet so we are very happy to have you. Please feel free to join in any discussions and post as many pics as you can! We love pics. ha As you can see we paint on just about anything so your creativity is not limited even if your supplies are! ha Again, a very enthusiastic welcome and I'm sure the others will be by soon to do the same. :) ~Anj

• colour_me_violet
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you for the welcome Anj. I'm not sure how my post ended up in the off topic section though. I'm at work so yes I am being a bad girl at the moment but I seem to be having a difficult time navigating back to the tole section and I did notice my message did not appear with the others. I'll have to try another message soon.

I have taken a few photos. I have them at home. As soon as I have time to sit at my home computer I will post one of my latest project. Halloween pumpkins made out of slices of log left over from log cabin building. An ingenious idea by my wonderful teacher. She gets great ideas.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Hi, I want to add my welcome to you also Violet. So glad you came by to chat with us. We are a small group here so far, but we are managing to keep this forum active. We are hoping more painters will join us as the weather cools and everyone is spending more time inside. We will be looking forward to seeing pics of your projects. The log slices sound really cute. Good to have a creative teacher--they can give you lots of tips and tricks that will make your painting more enjoyable. Glad you signed on and introduced yourself, and sure hope you will keep coming by. Luvs

• payd6
    17 years ago

hi violet! i could tell by the spelling of your name that you were Canadian! welcome, from another Cdn. i am in southwestern ontario. where are you? hope to see your pics soon, and if you have any questions, ask away. anj and luvs are the most active here, they keep us hopping! (and entertained, sometimes) lol :-)

• anjabee
    17 years ago

It's ok Violet.. looks like everyone is finding you! Your pumpkins do sound neat. Hope you share more of your and your teachers ideas with us soon! If you need help navigating back over to the gallery or discussions we'll help get you wherever you want to be. :) Have a great day! I'm off to the gallery myself to see if anyone posted pics today. ~Anj

• colour_me_violet
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the welcomes ladies. I'm in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. The weather is great at the moment but will change anytime. I'm sure like everyone else we are getting one day at 20C and the next at 6C. Happy Thanksgiving, Eat Well and remember your roots.