Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calirose_gw

Craft show results

calirose
13 years ago

Hi all,

I have posted off and on here, mainly because I don't do much crafty painting. I've seen all your beautiful works and am thinking of doing some!

The craft show (that I posted on the general side)wasn't much of a success for me. I did sell some cards, and some wire angels, but not much overall. However, I am so glad that I went and supported my good friend. We became friends when she took lessons from me 6 years ago. Anyhoo- she did great. And I was thrilled for her. The 3rd person with us was selling painted gourds and those did not sell either. She left early on the 2nd day due to illness in the family.

What seemed to be selling besides food? Costume jewelry, T-shirts that were hot pressed with glittery designs while you wait, fall & Christmas yard signs - like a road sign but with pumpkins, or Merry Christmas and the peoples names; and some fall wreaths. The shop opposite had kit airplane,helicopter, auto, firetruck etc, that he purchased from viet nam, put together and highly varnished $65 and up and I noticed them selling. All vendors who had attended previously told us that sales were way off. The couple across had a dual booth of pendants of names shaped in wire while you wait and knitted hat/scarf sets. No hat/scarf sets were sold either of the 1st 2 days that I was there. (I didn't go back on Sunday, my arthritis ya'know; my friend's husband was going to be with her.) The first day was hot, but the 2nd cooled immensely and was windy.

Oh! Bamboo sold like hotcakes! I don't know if you call if heavenly bamboo or good luck bamboo - depending on where you live I suppose. I couldn't believe the number of people carrying those around.

There were 3 buildings, and several set ups outside and in between buildings. I think most of the people were just browsing or looking for ideas they could make themselves. But I had a good time, and felt so happy to be there for my friend.

cali

Comments (2)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Glad you had a good time. It's nice just being part of the fun atmosphere at events like that isn't it? Thanks for the heads up on what seems to be popular. Always so hard to predict what people will be wanting to buy. I'm sorry more of your beautiful cards didn't sell--you really are such a good painter. Please keep coming by and chatting with us. The more people we have here, the more it motivates us to keep painting projects! LOL

Luvs

• calirose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Luvs. I agree that sharing and chatting with other painters motivates.

BTW, my friend just called this morning. She was bitten by the bug - that is, ready to do more shows! She is interested in a more craft version at a local one day booth.

I think if I had lowered my price to just over the cost, I might have sold more. It would have gotten my name out. I did receive many compliments. I did have the original 24 x 18 eagle painting for visitors to see. This crowd was not buying much. This show has in the past been very successful and I hold it to the economy that it did not do better. (I haven't sold there, but I had attended years ago, and based on comments from other vendors) I think a more metropolitan area would have done better also.

Anyway as I said, my friend asked me to go, so I did. And I was so excited to see her work sell! And enjoy her excitement.

I'll be stopping by here more. You gals do such good art!
    cali

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz