Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Going to the fair today

luvstocraft
14 years ago

Good morning! Well our weather has cooled down a bit, so DH and I figured we'd better go to the L.A.County Fair before it ends next week. I'm having a problem with my left heel, so not sure just how much walking I'll be able to tolerate. We figure we can just take our time and stop to rest whenever we want--no need to rush, so it should be fine. My favorite part is all the floral displays, and the craft area. Usually a few painted items, and lots of pretty tablescapes. DH's favorite part is the yummy food! LOL

Hope all of you are having a good week and enjoying yourselves too.

Would you believe it??? I went to work on finishing my three Halloween items last night and can't find the book with my patterns in it! I have shelves and stacks of books, so who knows where I've laid it down. The search is on! :o(

I'll be back this evening to see if anyone has stopped by.

Luvs

Comments (2)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Luvs, hope your day at the fair was exciting and you got to see lots of neat things and DH enjoyed the food. What's going on with your heel? I usually have issues with my metatarsal I fractured a few years ago. I know what it's like to have feet that hurt. I over compensate when my one starts hurting and then they both end up being sore.

It's not funny that you lost your book but I have done the same thing. I wanted to paint some stars for Halloween tonight and couldn't find the book or pattern. I just found it and now I'm not in the mood to paint so here I am.

I was able to go on Bebe's blog this morning and sign up for her giveaways and then looked at the clock and had to get ready for work so didn't have time to come here and post.

I need to go shopping this weekend for some new clothes. I've put on some weight and my clothes don't fit the same. They are having a big barn sale on childrens clothes and we've never went so DD wants to go check it out. They have all the name brands and really cut the prices for this event every year but it's a 2 hour drive to get there.

I still need to get the squash out of my garden. I will try to post a picture of one of my squash. I think it got into the steroids somehow.haha We will take several pumpkins to DGD to carve. I should try to paint on a couple but haven't had the energy to go there.

Tomorrow is Friday and I'm so ready for the weekend. We will be on the go but it's just a different feeling knowing the work week is done.

Belle, your Santa turned out great. How big is he? I painted a large santa and reindeer one year and one of my friends still has it. Wonder if I can ask for it back or is there a statue of limitations on that?LOL We know possession is 95% of the law so not sure.haha

Come out, come out where ever you are Anj. Hope all is well with you and DH and family.

I'm outta here for now. Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hey ya'll. DH still home. Been trying to help him get his car licensed and ready for Monday when he goes back to work. We also went clothes shopping yesterday. We've both lost a good bit of weight and our clothes were falling off of us. Nice to wear pants again that don't need a belt to hold them up. ha Just a lot of stuff going on.
    I have a friend who's b-day is Sunday so want to try to find something small and Fallish to paint for her today. Also just have a button to glue onto that sign that I started half a month ago and it will be done and I can post it. ha
    Today I'm dehydrating a table full of tomatoes and also making zucchini breads.
    Hope you had fun at the fair Luvs! Tell us all about it. I can totally sympathize with your lost book. I do that all the time....with pretty much everything. ha But a few times with my painting books too. ha

Punk~ busy as ever I see. ha

Belle~ I must have missed the Santa?

I have so many Halloween projects I want to get done! I sure hope I can get on them next week when everyone goes back to school and work. The kids have been off since Wed and don't go back until Tues. Everybody is home. ha Want to try to get some of my decorations out today to get me in the mood. Too much to do for the daylight hours as usual. ha Better get back to it and stop procrastinating. Miss ya'll!!!! Keep painting when ya can! ~Anj

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH