Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Strayed off my goal

luvstocraft
17 years ago

Well I said I wasn't going to make any more totems and would concentrate on my painting now. BUT, the local TS had 1/2 off sale and I stopped in just to browse. Found vases and other items that would go together so good--I just couldn't resist at that price. I made three more totems yesterday! Can you believe it? I love the way they look in my flower beds--but I don't have room for too many--don't want the backyard to look like a glass garden! Now I have to go to work today so can't paint--maybe between my split shifts, or when I get off tonight. If not, there's always the weekend. Fun to just follow your impulses once in awhile, huh? Luvs

Comments (2)

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Luvs~ I was at the 1$ Tree the other day and they had a bunch of pretty blue glass vases out. I thought about you and your totems. They would be pretty for totems. I've got to get my beds filled with plants first and then I'll join the totem frenzy. ha

Hey, I go from one project to the next. Whatever "speaks" to me that day. No worries. We want to paint for fun, not because everybody here is expecting another project (although we are!) ha Follow your impulses. When you are happy your artistic juices will flow no matter what you are doing. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Anj,

I did get a blue and a clear vase from Dollar Tree. Love that deep blue. However, at the TS I can usually find things that will go with the vase and most are only 50 cents, some even less at the 50% off sale! I'll show you the newest ones when they are completed. Two of these are slightly different from my other ones.

I also got more trays to paint roses on--I have a good collection now--just couldn't pass up the nice ones! Don't always find those. Now I need more primer and spray paint to get them ready to paint the roses on them.

I think I will just paint stuff all winter then maybe do a yard sale in the Spring. I enjoy the painting, but can't possibly keep everything! LOL