Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

October 2013

anjabee
10 years ago

Hi all! Hope this finds everyone well and happy! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Don't even remember what I last posted about. Had a very busy summer with lots of company so had to back out of the boutique that I signed up for. Just didn't have the time to get much painting done. I will try to get pics of the few things I did paint to post before I box them up for next year. Now I've just been busy changing out summer/winter clothes, fall cleaning and decorating for Halloween, trying to get costumes together for a few parties, yard and garden cleanup, school art projects, etc. Hubby was gone for almost 3 weeks. He went to visit his brother who was not doing well. His brother passed away so he stayed for the funeral. So we've had some things to get thru and more company to arrive in a few weeks. I have not been able to paint at all. Hoping to get to a less hectic spot soon, but not sure when that will happen. I miss all of our fun holiday projects. Anyway, hope some of you will check in and let me know how you are doing! ~Anj

Comments (4)

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Anj, so sorry to hear about DBIL passing. Bet your kiddos are growing up and busier than ever huh? Would love to hear an update on them. How are you doing since the accident and all the back issues?

I'd love to see pictures if you have time to post before packing away. It's been so long since I've painted. Sunday I started crocheting scarves and dish towels for little things to throw in for Christmas gifts. So far I have 5 scarves and 4 dish towels.

A little update on myself. We sold our Verizon businesses in June. DD stayed on with the new company as a District MGR. We also started an Insurance Co. We should end up selling for 20 some companies when we get all our appointments. We are still selling Dish Network and Directv.

DGD is 8 now and into gymnastics. If you ask her, she's training for the Olympics.LOL She is growing up fast and we don't get to spend as much time with her as we would like but owning a business takes alot of extra time.

Please let us know more about you and yours. I miss all of our little painting group.

Take Care, Punk

• anjabee
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Punk and all. Oh, so much always going on at this house. The oldest has been visiting here and there. Going out to lunch with her and my mom tomorrow. Hope it's not snowing since I'll have my little niece along. My other kids are constantly having something going on between church, Scouts and school. We just had a big pig roast at our house this weekend with around 73 people. That was a lot of work to pull off. Had 3 parties this weekend including that one and Halloween to boot on Thurs. I am beat. Working on getting some fall cleaning done to freshen up the house before the long winter months hit. It's already snowed 3 times since Sat. My back is doing some better. I am able to kind of control it with exercises that the physical therapist gave me. Still not 100 % but I've lost 20 lbs and feeling much better.
    I had to hurry and pack away the stuff that I painted so I could get everything cleaned up for the party so no pics yet. I have got to start thinking about Christmas neighbor gifts and all that. Feeling a little bah humbugish. ha
    It sure sounds like you are staying busy Punk. As always! ha That's good though. I sure miss our painting fun that we had too. Life takes over sometimes. I'll probably have another boutique coming up in the spring so I'll need to try to make some time to paint over this winter for it so hopefully I'll have some things to share. My brother will be here in a bit to pick up my niece so need to get her shoes on her and her stuff together. Just wanted to stop in for a sec.
    Talk to ya again soon! Hope everyone else will stop in and update!
    Anj!

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Wow Anj, you are still sooo busy too. Love it that you have your kids so involved with so many things. Keeps them outta trouble and makes parents proud!

73 people for a pig roast is a huge party. I haven't been to a pig roast for a few years but it's not something I'd pass up if I could help it either.Yummy!!! I can't imagine that many parties in a week. With your back, I can see why you'd be beat. I've lost 15#. Started dancing with weights and it's amazing how fast things tighten up again!haha

I'm going to go check out the gallery. It looks like there are a few new ones joining.Yeah! I'm hoping to paint a few projects for Christmas presents this year. I've made some of the Sashay scarves and crocheted dish towels already.

We have been getting snow almost every day but thank goodness it has stuck around. We've also had alot of fog and that scares me having to drive it that.

Take Care and I'll try to get over here more often. I remember you sharing the kids science projects. Have they out grown them? Punk

• anjabee
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My youngest will be participating in the Science Fair this year so have to come up with something soon. I just put one thing on the gallery. Hope you like. I'm off to run kids to school. I've been up with the chickens to get one a lunch packed for a field trip today. Just sent my oldest off on a 2 month vacation with my parents yesterday so had to get up super early with her. These early mornings and late nights are starting to take their toll! ha I'll be glad for the holidays to get a little relaxation in. No family besides my own to cook for so hopefully it will be nice. This is my last week babysitting for a while so I'll have some time to do the Christmas shopping. What are y'alls plans for Thanksgiving?