Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
valleyrimgirl

cute saying about gardening and painting

valleyrimgirl
17 years ago

A friend of mine who does no gardening (yet) but loves to take painting classes mentioned a little saying to me today.

If you can...

garden

If you can't...

paint

But my problem is that I love gardening and also love to paint but only have time in the winter to paint.

Brenda

Comments (3)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Hi Brenda, I liked that saying, but for some reason, I keep trying to do both! I'm in So. Calif, so can do some garden things year round! Both things are creative and add beauty to our lives. Hope this means that with winter setting in, you will be painting and visiting us here more often. Luvs

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Yea, you can't garden much in winter can you?? We hope to see more of you here with us. :) Great little saying. Thanks for sharing!! ~Anj

• valleyrimgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes, winter is settling in. I purchased some lily bulbs yesterday at a hort day (from the Lily Nook) and last week at the McFayden's store here in Brandon I picked up, on clearance, some alliums, daffodils, daylilies, iris and tulips. So today I will be planting the daylilies and iris to keep over in the house since it is too late to plant outside anymore. The alliums, lilies and tulips are going in the ground this afternoon. I have to also make copper name tags for each of them.

For the hort day I participated in putting together a display of homemade garden crafts. Just pulling out all the items from around the yard and in the house to bring made me itchy to get at making crafts again.

Once there is snow on the ground permanently, then and only then will I work in the house. Hopefully that will be as far away as another few weeks or a month. We'll see.

Brenda