Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Good Evening, Where Is Everyone

phonegirl
14 years ago

Hello,

I guess I best start our new week out. Hope everyone has kept in good health this week. We sure have alot of sick ones and several with the swine flu.

Seems funny to come here and no one posted today. I did alot of cleaning this evening and got the beds made. If I keep this up all week, our home should be ready for guests this week end and I should be able to enjoy. I was a little scared that my untidy house might tell on me. I wish I would always clean house before doing anything else but sometimes I don't.

DD will be dressing up for her office on Friday but don't think I will. They went around her town and put up signs if the businesses would let children trick or treat on Friday. I'm not sure I think this is a good idea. What happened to we celebrate on the holiday?

If I do dress up, I'll try to post a picture for all of you to enjoy. I think I bought a mask last year and didn't wear it but should be looking just in case I need it. I am doing the hot flashes so don't need any extra layers at this point in my life.

We are still getting alot of wind and rain so the snow in the moutains is not staying so far. It's still in the 50's but the wind makes it seem cooler. My outside decorations are trying to blow away with the strong winds. What's all of your weather like now?

Hope to hear from all of you soon. Punk

Comments (13)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Hi Punk, Sorry I didn't get by here to post yesterday--I spent too much time over on Holidays I'm afraid--gosh some of those posts over there have been a hoot lately! ;o)

Went to enlarge a pattern for some Halloween wooden blocks yesterday and the printer ran out of ink--so DH will have to get a new cartridge for it. Have one other thing I might try do today. Last year, I painted so many Halloween things--mostly yard stakes, and this year I hardly got any done.

We did our Senior Tuesday at the movies yesterday and saw the "Wildthings" show. DH liked it allot better than I did--I nearly fell asleep during it, and DH had to explain it to me afterwards! LOL (And I think it is based on a kids book!)

Punk, I told DH yesterday that I have got to do some cleaning today. We have a full wall of mirrored closet doors (I know--no longer in style--but they came with the house and work fine)and I am seeing dust and fingerprints on them so need to bring in my little stepladder and clean them good. Want to do the bathroom mirror while I'm at it and will clean that whole room as well. I cleaned carpets this past week, so just need to do some dusting in the bedroom and living room. I used to be so "regular" about doing each room--now I tend to put it off longer and get to it when I notice it really needs it! Lazy, lazy, lazy!
    More fun going to movies, reading books, watching tv, painting, and playing on here! ;o)

Had an email from Bebe that she is sending me the drawing prize I won! You know I'll be watching for the mailman everyday this week! ;o)

I went by the gallery and saw Anj's latest project! What a hoot, and so perfect for her kids. All kids seem to love the wierd and unusual parts of Halloween, don't they? Must be a bit of kid left in me because I like Halloween stuff allot too. I have kept several Halloween magazines over the years, so I pull them out and look at all the fun decorating ideas in them. Back when our son was in high school, we used to host some Halloween parties and they were so much fun. Guess we leave all that for the younger group now.

Well, I am just rambling on here, so will hush and get busy. Hope you all have a great day.

Luvs

Punk, we have sunshine here, but cooler temps and the wind really picked up last night. I've got to go out front and see if my decorations are still there too!

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hey ya'll.....snow, rain and sleet was my weather yesterday. It's just freezing in the low 30's at the moment, but supposed to start up again later this afternoon. Ran to the grocery real quick before it hit. This is such a busier than normal week for me with trying to get Halloween costumes together and Halloween parties and parades and such. The next 3 days are gonna be crazy. Have to leave in a few minutes to pick up kindergartener and go find a costume for son #1. Oldest still hasn't decided what she wants to be. She has a Halloween dance to go to tomorrow night. Thinking we may go to the TS and pick up a wedding dress and let her be a corpse bride??? The only one who is certain of his costume is son #2 who is the black spiderman. Looks so funny with all his muscles padded out and his tiny booty in the back. ha Anyway, I've got Scouts and Haunted House to get kids to tonight and a Halloween Parade at school tomorrow morning, then Halloween Dance tomorrow night, then Trunk or Treat at our church on Friday and Trick r Treat Saturday. Whew. So far my calendar is looking pretty clear for next week so I may go ahead and try to finish up some Halloween things then to post and pack away for next year. If I don't get back here I'll see ya'll next week ok.
    Luvs...must have missed you winning a drawing. Good job. Hope you'll post a pic of whatever it is! Did you already say was DGD was gonna be for Halloween?
    Cya'll.
    ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Hi Anj, so how is little DD liking kindergarten? Is she happy to go each morning or still reluctant to leave you? The week I kept my little GD, I had to take her to school. She was all fine until we got there, then she would sort of hang on to me and say "Gramma, I will miss you" or "Gramma, I wanna stay with you"--really tugged at my heartstrings and made it hard for me to leave her! ;o(

Sounds like you have a busy but fun week going on. Hope you find all the costumes you need and everyone has a great time. Hope it's a bit warmer there on Friday and Saturday for the little Trick or Treaters too.

I stopped at GW today and ran across some more painting books and magazines. I only found one that I didn't already have however! ;o( I did find a couple of the Christmas books I've sort of been collecting. I'll probably never make the decorations in them, but I enjoy sitting with a cup of coffee or tea and just browsing through them in the evenings.

Punk, I have mixed emotions about costumes in the work place. We used to have allot of fun with it at the banks where I worked years ago--but in the later years, we pretty much stopped dressing up and we did not allow "customers" to come in if their faces were hidden! We often did displays in our lobby or had pumpkin painting contests for the kids. And we always handed out candy to our customers on Halloween.

Well, the three of us have checked in today, wonder what Belle is up to? Maybe she will get by tomorrow.

Yes, Anj, Painting Fool let us know that she was having a give away on her blog, so I went over there and entered the drawing. How fun that I was a winner. She asked me what I would like and I told her I'd love one of her santas--she emailed me that it is on the way, so I'm excited! Woo Hoo! ;o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning,

Glad I took a moment to stop here and say Hello. Sounds like everyone is busy.

Luvs. did you get ink for the printer? Just frustrating when the printer runs out in the middle of a project.

Anj, if you take pictures of th costumes, be sure and post them when you find time. I will not be dressing up for Halloween. Some were out trick or treating yesterday.

I believe the bank is not a place for costumes these days with what goes on. I can remember while I was working at the bank, this little ol lady came in dressed like a witch and I didn't know it and she let out a big cackle and scared the eebie geebies out of me. After that I always looked forward to seeing her every year.

Sis's FIL passed on so I have been busy with cooking for them and our company will be here this evening. We have a Birthday party and roast pig at 4 and then will be going to the Port to enjoy Little Orphan Annie this evening. I will be late for the party but all will work out.

We have been getting snow still but it's not staying down here. Lots of wind and rain also.

Luvs, glad you got your ornament, he's darling. You all take care and I'll try to check back some time this weekend.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Hi All, Just a real quick hello before I head out the door. Today my two neighbor/friends and I are off to the TS to shop and then to lunch for the other ones birthday. Funny that they both have birthdays the same month.

Punk, it sounds like you have a fun day going on. Try to take a deep breath and enjoy it all. So sorry about your SIL's FIL. Hope the snow stays away for a few more days for you.

Anj, have fun with your younguns. I know they will all be so excited over the Treats in the Trunk tonight and going Trick or Treating tomorrow night.

I went to the grocery store this morning and some of the kids were in there. Guess they don't have a first period on Fridays so they all hit the store for goodies to munch on. Some were in costumes and I talked with a couple of them that I let in line in front of me--they were all high energy and having fun. ;o)

I'll try to check back in tonight.

Luvs

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Good Morning!

I always feel so good after reading all of your posts! Everyone is so busy and so full of energy. But like Luvs....I do things is a slow manner now, work 5 minutes and rest 15...but then isn't that the way we are supposed to do it?

This is the one time of the year I wish we lived in town....we usually get 0 - that's zero - kids on Halloween. How fondly I remember living in Calif and getting hundreds of kids each year, and how excited they were, and how kids seemed to get so tall and still be kids.

We are getting ready to take a trip to Hauser, Idaho for several days. I am hand delivering the ornies this year. Our friends there just finished their new home and this is our first trip there. So I have been very busy and she just asked that I make her a flag like mine only bigger so I have been extra busy finishing the ornies and making the flag and trying to keep up with life. DH had an appointment with his sleep apnea Dr., which is about 75 miles away, the nice part is I went cloths shopping and hit the jackpot. Don't think I have purchased so many cloths at one time and the jackpot part is that they were all on sale! It was a great day and we had a lot of fun. It was also our first trip in our new van, we finally traded in the "big beast" of a truck and WoW! It is wonderful!

I am hoping that while in Hauser we get to do a shopping trip to Spokane....they have thrift store, and even though my friend will want to wear a mask to hide her identity, I know she will have fun once we get started as she loves to shop...any kind of shopping!

So....calling it a day and you all take care!

Belle

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning,

Belle, it is good to come here and read whats going on in your lives. Absolutely agree that it would be hard to not see how the children have grown and all the costumes.

Hope you have a wonderful trip in your new van. Did you take a picture of all the ornaments to share with us? Sometime your going to Spokane we should try to meet and shop together. So glad you mentioned Hauser being close to Spokane. I wouldn't be able to go now but maybe next year it might work out. We are just a few hours away.

We have just a great bunch here.

Luvs, how did your shopping and luch date go? Did your neighbor friends make you pay for everything since it wasn't your BDay month? Just Kidding! Did you find more acorn goodies? Don't get so many that you have to use all your painting room to store them.LOL Well, I really like looking at your tablescapes too but no don't quit painting, we need that too!

Best go visit with company. Punk

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Good Morning! Silly me forgot to set the clocks and got up at 5 am...

Punk, I would love to meet you in Spokane or anywhere near there. We only go over about once a year, used to be more, but having 2 dogs and 2 cats makes traveling harder. They all don't travel with us but we still have to "farm" them out. I do take my year old kitten, he is a house cat and very attached to us. The only time we left him was for 3 days, he didn't eat at all, so worry wort me won't leave him again. Anyway, I will let you know well in advance of when we intend to make the trip again.

So, did everyone have a great Halloween. As usual zero kids here. Thank goodness I purchased candy I don't like - no new pounds here - and DGS has a new stash to devour. He was able to play 3 quarters on Friday night and their team is 9 - 0 and is rated 1 in the State.

Well I'd better get on the ball, still things to do. You all have a great week and see (?) you on Friday.

Belle
    PS., almost forgot, posted some pictures on the Gallery side.

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Good morning! Just realized I rattled on about Halloween over on the discussion side! Oh well, I did mention painting too! LOL

Belle, I really need to go clothes shopping too--and I hate to shop for clothes! Glad you found some you liked at sale prices even! I saw your post on gallery and commmented there, it all turned out great.

Punk, I didn't find anymore acorn things, but we did have a good time. We were gone from 10 till 5 that day. I did get some cute snowmen, cute bunny creamer and sugar, and several toys/games for little GD. I amazes me how many things are brand new still in their original packages! I hid several things in our living room so she can have a scavenger hunt when she comes over today. We talked and laughed, had lunch at a mexican restaurant, and helped each other spend our money on goodies--lots of fun. And I actually did pay this time--we usually split it, but one of the other gals had insisted on paying last time, so I did it this time. Our other friend always drives, so the two of us always pick up her lunch tab. (we don't like to drive)

Okay, I'd better get off here and vacuum before little GD comes over for the day.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Evening,

It's great to have the house to our selves again. Always enjoy company but we've had so much this year. We got all the decorations put away and I redecorated the table.

Belle, I'm so excited you want to meet. Let me know ahead of time and we'll try to meet and spend some time together. If you have the time to drive on over to MT you are so WELCOME. We don't have as many TS but if it's during the summer we could sure yard sale.

Luvs, sounds like you and the gals had a great time spending each others money.LOL It's funny how sometimes others can get you to buy when you would otherwise not. It's probably good because you don't have to plan when you can go back and get it later.haha

I think it's sad that there are so many brand new items in the second hand stores (unless I want them haha) but I think that happens with the way people buy today. I seem to have things that I don't use and it's because I have such a busy life and don't take the time.

Did GD enjoy the scavenger hunt you set up for her today? Hope you had fun as usual and I'll go check out the Holiday forum.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Hi Punk, yes, little GD is getting too good at finding the "treasures" now--I'm going to have to start hiding them better! LOL My neighbors niece came over and played with us for an hour or so--she's 12 and GD just loves her. She is a very sweet, shy 12 year old that I've known since she was my GD's age! So sweet that she willingly plays with 5 yr. old GD.

I had hoped to start a project today, but have to go do the stmt. and bills for my little friend. She called saying she needs to go to Costco too, so probably no painting today.

I've also got to get some "painting" done on my front planters before our rainy season starts. And those vines on my block walls are growing like crazy. Always seems to be things that need attention, huh?

That would be so great if you and Belle could meet up. It's so fun to put a face with the forum name. I was so excited when Anj and I got to meet a couple years ago. Then I got to meet Karen aka Purplemoon last January. If DH ever heads the motorhome up north, I will give you two a holler for sure and see if we can meet up somewhere for lunch.

I'd better go get in the shower and get going. I'll try to come back by this evening. Have a good one.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Luvs,

Good to hear from you. Isn't it fun to see how little ones love older ones to play with. GD forgets she has a nana when other little ones are around.

Absolutely agree that theres always things that need attention. I think it would be great to build and then sell and rebuild every 10 years at least. It would also keep the junk removed.

I think it would be great if all 3 of us could get together next year. I didn't know you and Anj got to meet. I do remember you and Karen getting together and her being so thrilled with all the goodies you painted her. I enjoyed seeing all the pictures and reading about it. I'm so busy but I can always get away on the weekends at least. I would be willing to let you both come and stay here and I would take care of the food and housing.LOL

Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Punk, you are much too generous--I'd never think of imposing on you like that! I travel with DH and two dogs, so probably best just to meet somewhere for lunch! Now you have me hoping we head that way sometime this next summer. ;o)

My day went pretty good, got my little friends statement balanced, bills written out, and took her to Costco. We had polish sausage, iced tea, and split a big long churro while there. I need to go down and spray her weeds and hose down the carport area and side of the house for her one day soon. Sure wish her place would sell so she could be with her family for Christmas this year. When I got home, there were two boxes waiting for me--both filled with nice surprises from friends! Woo Hoo!

I've still not gotten any new projects started--something else just keeps popping up! Keeping my fingers crossed to get something started tomorrow.

Better go check Holidays and then get off here. TTYL

Luvs