Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Labor Day Monday

luvstocraft
14 years ago

Good morning! I know all the working men and women who have today off are feeling good this morning. I remember all too well how I looked forward to these Monday holidays! Told DH this morning, "Gosh, we are so lucky--everyday is a "holiday" for us now!" Retirement is good! ;o)

Hope all of you had a great weekend. Punk, are you surviving the heat and long hours at the fair? Our fair here started Saturday--but we haven't gone yet. Will probably go one evening soon, can't take the heat of the day too well. My favorite thing is the crafts and tablescape building. DH just rolls his eyes! LOL Anj, are you worn out from your trip? Hope everyone had lots of fun and stayed safe. Belle, how are your neighbors doing? Such a sad time for them. PF seems to be doing some painting--be sure to check out her posts on discussions.

No projects started yet. I'm thinkin on it! LOL

Let me hear from you when time permits.

Luvs

Comments (8)

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Luvs...funny your name is underlined and when you roll the mouse over it it pops up Luvs diapers. ha

Our weekend at the cabin was totally fun. Had an awesome time. The kids enjoyed themselves riding atvs, shootin guns and bow and arrows, hiking and playing with the dogs, making smores day and night and just running wild with the other kids. ha It was 3 hours there and back so we got home really late Monday night and still had to unload and get the kids bathed and to bed for school the next day. Had company on Tuesday and then was trying to catch up on laundry and other stuff yesterday. Still trying to catch up on laundry today and doing some stuff for my SIL. Hoping to get to finish up my project on Friday. Hope you all had a nice long weekend as well.
    The kids are all having lots of homework....even the kindergartener so it's crazier than ever around here. I see Luvs is holding down the fort around here keeping us going. ha Thanks Luvs! I'm glad somebody is retired. ha When can I??? ha I'm glad ya'll are enjoying it. My parents are getting ready to take off camping again for a few weeks for the hunt this month. The fair sounds fun. I guess I need to actually take some time to watch the news or look online to see if there is anything fun going on around here. Oops there's my phone. I'll try to get back tomorrow. Cya. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

I'm back and have a cold from _____. All I've been doing is sneezing and blowing my running nose since we got home. I will try to get here more. I just feel rotten and yet glad to be back home.

We sold alot of phones and accessories at the fair so it was a big success. It's like having 13 months instead of 12 every year. DB came and helped set up, sell and tear down so that was great. He's still here and we have more company coming in on Monday that he will pick up at the airport.

Luvs, did you make it to the fair? We had great weather and only had one rain storm.

Anj, so happy you all enjoyed your camping. It can be so fun and the kids will never forget it. The worse part is always unpacking, putting things away and doing the laundry. We just received a letter from the state and they are trying to increase the leases. If they aren't careful it will end up that only the rich will own cabings.

I'm going to try to do my part here but don't see things slowing down in my life this month. Thanks Luvs for painting a pretty cake cover and keeping this forun alive while we were away.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Finally! So glad to see you two back on here! This place was starting to feel like a "ghost town" and it isn't even Halloween yet! LOL

Both Bebe and Belle posted a couple of times, and I see we have a "newbie" this morning so that should be fun if Kay will come share pics and ideas with us.

Punk are you all finished at the Fair? Ours runs for a month is why I asked. Did you have someone run the store while you were at the fair? I'm so glad you had lots of sales.

Anj, that sounds like a wonderful time for the kids--so nice when there's lots of room and they can release all that energy and make all the noise they want as well. I agree, the unpacking and laundry are the least fun part of any trip! Ugh! I will never understand why there has to be so much homework! Seems to me that the classes should be long enough to do the required work, and when the kids leave school, they should be able to have the rest of the day free. Who wants to work all day, then get out and go home and have to do more????? And the parents can't do what they want either because they have to see that the homework gets done! Something is wrong with this picture IMHO!

I went to a craft show yesterday. Just love the atmosphere of them. Everything was so pretty and so many darling things. Loved all the fall decor--not a bit of Christmas, think there will be another show for that. I bought a few things but not much--too expensive for my retirement budget! There were lots of painted metal items, one witch that was cut out of metal, painted face and arms, then had cloth strips tied on for her long skirt. Lots of cute details on her--I really wanted one, but didn't want to spend that much. Saw lots of painted signs, some with really "bold" writing that wasn't that "perfect" at all, yet they looked good for a Halloween sign. Some really cute things for the garden too--wish they allowed picture taking so I could share pics with you. And all the florals were so pretty, I noticed lots of acorns in them too--and you know I love acorns. Anyway, now I'm in the "mood" and "motivated" again. I cut out a couple things last night, and plan to cut a few more today so I can get busy painting again. I think I'm happiest when I have a project to work on. :o)

Punk, I wasn't real happy with my roses on my cake tin, but overall I think it turned out okay. I keep wanting to do more shabby, fluffy roses, but the one stroke rose that I learned first keeps popping up! LOL

You two rest up, and I'll hope that Belle and Bebe pop in here again soon. And yes, Anj, retirement is wonderful! I keep pinching myself to make sure I am not dreaming--no more deadlines, employee problems, computer conversions, customer complaints--don't miss any of those! Never thought I'd make it to this point--so I'm making sure I remember to enjoy it! ;o) (However, you do realize that dishes, laundry, and housecleaning never stop!) LOL

Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hi again! I'm still trying to clear off my desk from yesterdays project. My other SIL had me doing something else this morning so haven't started painting yet. I will pick up the KG girl at 11 and plan to start painting when I get her settled down.
    Punk~ sorry you aren't feeling well on top of having company. Take care of yourself.
    Luvs~ I just love the smell of craft shows. All the wood and flowers and paint. ha I just love it. I sometimes sneak pics with my cell phone when I can get away with it. ha Or I take a little notebook and jot down certain things. I know the people who created the things really hate that, but sometimes their prices are too outrageous even though I really really want the item.
    I totally agree with you on homework unless it is an extended assigment that will take longer than a few hours. This "extra" stuff they do at home is just an annoyance to me. My 9 year old drug his 3 pages out for 3 hours last night. I was about ready to donate him. ha
    Where are Bebe and the new girl? I must need to go over to Discussions. Haven't stopped over there in a while.
    Well, you didn't have to burst my bubble on the retirement thing by telling me I will still have to cook and clean and do laundry. ha Now what do I have to look forward to? ha

Ok, I'd better run over there and grab that child before the line gets too long at the school. Fingers crossed that I can get my project finished today! Cya ~Anj

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Good Morning,
    We are off and running today so can't chat much right now. I spent to much time on discussions and gallery. Seems as though we have a couple of new ones. Isn't that wonderful.

Kay's gourds and Christmas house are wonderful. She must be busy with her ranch and publishing. Hope she will share more with us.

I'll check back when I have more time. I'm thinking it will be more than a week. We will be enjoying more company so don't mean to put you on the back burner but I think you all understand.

Hope to see your project soon, Anj and loved your cake tin, Luvs.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Gang, hope you are enjoying your weekend? Did you get that laundry all caught up Anj? What am I saying???? Laundry never gets all caught up! LOL

Not much news here other than I'm hobbling around like an older granny than I really am! Have a really sore place on the bottom of my heel and my whole leg hurts when I walk on it. I think it is that tendon that gets inflamed when you have heel spurs--so I'm trying to do some stretching exercises hoping it will loosen up.

Punk, enjoy your company, we will be anxious to hear all your news when you can come back. I KNOW you won't forget about us! ;o)

I've cut out a few pieces of wood so I'll have something to take with me to work on Friday and Saturday. I've been asked to come run a new little "collectibles" store while the owner flies back east to a wedding. She says it's pretty slow right now and that I should bring something to do while I wait.

I'm off to check the other forum and then get ready for the little GD's visit today. She's loving KG so far. She's getting so tall already--keeps teasing me that she's gonna be taller than me--and I'm sure that's true! LOL

Luvs

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Hi All......sorry I have been lax in keeping up, it has been a very hard time for us here. Our friends asked us to help remove their daughters belonging from her apt., it was something they couldn't do themselves. So DH and I spent this last week packing and moving her things to storage. God I hope I never loose a child. The services were yesterday. She was only 28 years old but what a tribute, there were over 350 people in attendance. In her young life she touched so many people.

Belle

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Good Morning All!

I am so glad we have a new member, welcome Kay. What a joy it was to see your beautiful projects. Kay, like all of you here, does such wonderful things and each in their own style. And that is what makes it so great, we all enjoy each others differences. And the encouragement that is given is beyond awesome! I hope Kay also send out lots of tips and techniques.....every bit of new knowledge helps or even just a little difference in how someone does things, it all add up.

I went to my GS football game Friday night against my DH home team and where my step GS plays...anyway at the start of the 2nd quarter GS got hit, a penalty was call for unnecessary roughness, but Timothy broke the bone between his knee and ankle...so he is out for the season. He wasn't upset about the break just about being out for the season. DH and I got him some colored markers for writing on his cast....he didn't think that was all that funny. We did!

I did look at some fall stuff last night and decided to do a couple of easy pieces and have gotten the base coat done, so am ready to start. It is more of a practice in line work than painting. It might be a fun time as DH, our DD and her DH are under that part of the house replacing the last of the beams. They have to lift the house just enough to remove the old beam and put in the new, so far no cracks inside! I wish we could have had a contractor come in an do this but our saving is just beginning to grow again and DH wouldn't hear of "going into debt" when he could do the work. I think he keeps forgetting he is really close to 70, but them maybe working hard is why he is still in good health. I try really hard to forget about the heart stuff. At dinner last night we started throwing out figure on what amount of money was used to do all of the repairs....OMG ( and I don't like to use that term), even though I have a spreadsheet of the where the money went I never added it all up, I just did a system where I started with FEMA and subtracted from that....when that was gone I borrowed from our savings or our monthly income. I never bottom lined it. WOW! And thank goodness we didn't have to pay for labor except with a few installations. But bottom line - I am thankful I have a beautiful "new" home!

Ya All take care and I will try to catch up on what has been happening!!!!!!!

Claudia

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions