Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
prayers please

Posted by annielu (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 1, 08 at 11:31

Hi all,
Haven't been on here for awhile, but I need some prayer. I twisted my right knee about 2 weeks ago, and ended up in the ER. They took an x-ray and suggested I go see an orthopedic doc. Well, I did, and he says my knee is shot and I need a knee replacement. I've had trouble with my knees for a couple years now, and just thought it was cuz I am getting older. The ortho doc says I have no cushioning in my knee, so it's bone against bone. It's painful at times. He gave me a cortisone shot to see how it does and to take time and think about surgery. So please say some prayers for me!
Luv u all!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: prayers please

Hi annilu!! OUCH! Sounds very painful and of course we'll add you to our prayers! So are you going to do the surgery? I know 2 people who had it done and they said the surgery was a breeze, but the physical therapy after was tough. But...you are already in pain and what's a few more weeks of pain if you can live the rest of your life without it. Let us know what you decide and ((hugs)) to you. ~Anj

o

So sorry to hear about your knee, Annielu. I know it is a hard decision, but you really must have the surgery if it is bone against bone--only way to get any relief from the pain I'm afraid. I'll certainly remember you in my prayers too. Luvs

o

Thanks anj and luvs. I am going to have the surgery, but hubby wants a second opinion. I probably will have the surgery in January, because that's when it's slow at work. Doc says I'll be out at least 6 weeks. I just want the paint to stop!!!

o

Hi annielu
Of course you will be in my prayers. My hubby has had surgery on his knee and is much better now. It still bothers him when the weather gets damp and cold but he
says it is nothing like the pain he was in before. Remember this too shall pass and all will be fine soon. God bless you and your family.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here