Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kkscrafthaven

Totally Off Topic---My horses :)

kkscrafthaven
14 years ago

Someone had asked about my horses so here we go :) I breed, train and show American Miniature Horses and American Shetland Ponies. My 17 year old son and I do it together (and dear hubby but mostly Kyle and I) During foaling season we have a live foaling cam so people can watch the mares give birth. We also have a live farm cam but its down right now. Im going to try and get it working again later today.

We have so much fun with them and it really is a labor of love. My farm site is www.baxterspaintedpasture.com (play on words ha ha) I also started and own a pony forum so people can discuss ponies www.americanshetlandponyforum.com

Im working on a new gourd with horses running all around it (once I get the butterly gourd done) but I really want to wood burn it and I cant afford a wood burner yet.

Kay

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Hi Kay, This is exactly the place for all the off topic things we want to talk about! So nice that GW realized we might want to chat about more with each other than just painting.

I'll head over to check out your farm site, bet those ponies are so cute!!;o)

Good luck on cutting the gourds. I've seen some really pretty designs on the web and in magazines. Hope you are going to do the cutting first--just in case, would hate for something to go wrong and ruin something you've already painted! Wouldn't that be awful? Can't wait to see your next projects.

Luvs

• kkscrafthaven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Luvs! The ponies are a ton of fun and work. Show season is pretty much over now for us so I will be painting like mad.

Im practicing on a practice gourd. Poor thing is so ugly and cut up LOL. My son is also carving them and hes getting pretty good.

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

The ponies are so cute! My little GD would love them I'm sure. ;o)

Luvs

• kkscrafthaven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

If you all are ever in Ohio feel free to drop by :)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Kay, did you see my other post where I told you that I have your beautiful birdhouse pattern in one of my magazines? I knew it looked familar to me when you posted it, so I grabbed a handful of magazines and browsed and sure enough, there it was! I was excited that I actually had your design! ;o) Luvs

• kkscrafthaven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh that is so funny! Hubby promised to frame it for me forever but it never managed to make it into a frame so mine is getting pretty beat up lol. I was so sad when Decorative Woodcrafts stopped being published :( I was supposed to do a whole series of birdhouses with this same birdhouse. My first one is a rose birdhouse then I did this Christmas one.

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

I really miss that magazine too! I subscribed to it for years and was so sad when they stopped publishing it. I still browse through my old ones each season. ;o)

Oh, I'll bet your rose birdhouse is so pretty. I have a thing for roses anyway. Have you thought about contacting Painting or Quick and Easy Painting magazines? I subscribe to both of those--at least for now, I see the subscription price is going up!

Luvs

• kkscrafthaven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I just looked the other day at their submission guidelines. Im so wrapped up right now trying to learn to carve gourds that I have tunnel vision. There is a big gourd festival a couple hrs from here this weekend and Im hoping to run over and take a carving class but not sure I can get there. I have 2 gourds I have been practicing on and let me tell you they are UGLY LOL

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions