Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

Just a few things

paintingfool
14 years ago

Now that my hubs is home and doing better, I have painted a few ornaments (ones I have to teach at our meeting). The first one is really cute and easy to do, I needed to get rid of some of the wood items I have on hand. The second one with the three snow ladies is a bit more time consuming but cute. The memo clothespins are 6" and were found at AC Moore's. The little birdhouse ornament has a lavender rose on a watercolor background. I am in various stages of painting and will post more as I go along. Sure miss yall.

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

The rose clock is not that yellow, it is the lighting in my paint room. It is actually a warm white. I am in the process of painting the front side - but I have painted it and removed it a dozen times. You know how sometimes you just can't paint something when you know you have painted it hundreds of times. I was trying to put a rose on the front similar to this rose which is really on the back. I just had one of those days and could not get the rose to look right. So, I had to stop for a while.

Later yall

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Wow! You have been one busy lady. You know the birdhouse with the big gorgeous rose would be my most favorite! ;o) But they are all darling. Those shopping snow ladies are so cute, and I love that you did the backside of them too. I've seen several designs on those big clothespins in my painting magazines--sure can't go wrong with roses and other flowers on them. Are these going in your new Etsy shop?

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Bebe,

So super that you could take time to share your wonderful projects with us. I had to go back and read again that you've painted and removed your rose on your clock a dozen times. Is that your secret to perfection???

I don't have the patience to redo and so I guess that explains alot. LOL If I want to learn to do a better job maybe I best practice redoing. I just love that you painted all your roses a little different.

Your angels are pretty but I love the snow ladies with their purses and sparkling snow. Makes me think they are ready to shop and that's what I plan to do tomorrow evening even though I need to get ready for the fair. I think some new clothes for the fair would be fun.

As I said before can't believe you've redone your beautiful clock so many times. Your making me feel guilty for putting out lower quality items by being satisfied so I can move on to my next project. Just Kidding but I know when I should redo and can't bring myself to do that. I know this isn't funny but it's me and my life I lead at the present.

The birdhouse is neat and love the rose on it. I would like to try painting one of these some day. The memo holders are both cool and something everyone could use. Did you use a round brush for painting memo?

It's been nice looking at all your projects and hope to see more as time allows. Time for bed so thanks again for all the goodies on here tonight. Should of said past time for bed now that I look at the time. Punk

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have had insomnia for months now. Sometimes not falling asleep until 5 am then only sleeping for a few hours. I also have been on a diet and have lost 18 pounds so that may have something to do with it. I still have a long way to go and it is very slow. I am a perfectionist at some things, the rose I painted on the clock was on the opposite side - which is now blank. But I will go back and try again. I have found some really neat items in my wood stash that I always planned to paint and never got around to it. And I probably have more out in the shed. I felt really bad when my 9 year old grandson told me one day that I really need to get some of the stuff in my paint room finished before I bought anything else!! Boy, was he right! So, for me the easiest thing to do is paint roses on everything - or to paint Santas. So, now you know what I will be doing for the next few months.

Punk, I used my #2 liner for the lettering. The space was so small or I would have used a small flat. And the more I look at the glitter on the snow ladies, the more I dislike it. But since I am teaching it tomorrow I can correct it.

Luvs, I remember posting here early this morning but I don't see it now. Must of hit the wrong button. I will be putting some of these things on Etsy but not for a couple of weeks. I have a terrible time trying to figure out the pricing, either I am too high or too low. The snowladies are from a pattern I picked up with the wood pieces in Houston. It did not have the back part so I drew off what I thought it would look like (I like things to be completed on both sides). The other items are just me painting - I hate having to take time to put on patterns and with flowers you really don't have to.

This is a little snowgirl and a Santa. The Santa is on my blog, I taught it at our Mobile chapter last week. I was going to teach the snowgirl if we did not have enough teachers but luckily, we had more than enough.

Later yall
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Bebe,
    Two more super projects and thanks again for sharing. Your little snow lady is a sweetheart and reminds me of Trudy Beard's painting. I want to paint some of hers on some metal pots I have but don't know when I'll get to them. The santa is one handsome fella.

Your insomnia must be hard on you. I have a sister that is going through the same thing and has decided to try some sleeping pills against her beliefs. I need to loose some weight also but don't know when that will happen. I'm sitting here eating homemade chopc. chip cookies now. LOL

Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Bebe, your santa faces are just amazing! He looks so real that it wouldn't surprise me if he spoke! LOL Both are really neat projects--you've been one busy painter! Luvs

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh, Punk, I have needed to lose this weight for a long time and I finally decided to do something about it. I started in April and have only lost 18 pounds. But I am living on tomatoes, cheese, and small meats. I am not crazy about ice cream or sweets but I do love my Dr. Pepper which has 40 grams of sugar in a can - that's about 10 teaspoons. So I have to give them up soon.

The snow lady is one of Trudy Beard's paintings. Michaels had all their books marked down so I picked hers up. Saw her in Houston but didn't take a class from her. I like the softness of her snowmen. I needed something to teach which I knew would be quick so I picked one from her book. The Santa is mine though - I have painted so many they all begin to look alike.

Will post more tomorrow, I just finished my Santa on a Christmas tree but of course, I varnished it before taking a pic so there is a glare on it. Talk to yall tomorrow.
    B

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

B,

As I scrolled down her steaming cup with the gold trim really caught my eye. Adding the gold really topped her rose cup off.

Sounds like your on the right track with dieting. Don't make yourself feel as though you have to go completely without Dr Pepper. Make it special when you do have some and I'm sure you'll be fine. We know it's always better to loose weight slowly and then one can keep it off.

I am working on getting the toy hauler ready for the fair today. Time is flying so I will stay focused until I know I can make it happen. I painted a few pumpkins last night and finished today so will get them posted.

I'll be back for another break later and see if you've had time to post your Santa Christmas Tree. Sounds like a neat project. I need to go say hello to Anj now.

Punk

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

WoW!!!!! You have been busy! I know about lack of sleep....and the pills didn't work..but I just cozy down and get what sleep I can.

Everything is just great but I like the angels and the daisy's best. As to redoing...I try to go back one step and see if the problem solves itself unless I really don't like the shape or placement and them it's "off with the paint!"

Sure wish instead of the computer we could use a car to bring us all together! Thanks for sharing you talent with us!

Belle