Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Lynn, hope you get to check in.......

anjabee
16 years ago

I'm curious how the job is going and how you are liking it so far. Are you working weekends too? Drop a quick line if you have time and give us the run down. :) ~Anj

Comments (2)

• paintin_fool
    16 years ago

Hey Anj,
    The job's going well - sorry I haven't had a chance to get back on here before now. I've pretty much been working everyday - most days only 4 or 5 hours - but it's been from 10am - 2pm, or 10-3, which kinda shoots your whole day. By the time I get the kids off to school and clean a little, it's time to go to work. Then when I get home, the kids are here shortly afterwards and it's time to do homework and get dinner fixed. I am working some weekends, yesterday was one of my long days (9-6), but thankfully I'm off today, kids are gone to school and DH is at work, so at least I'll have a little peace and quiet, although most of my day will be cleaning house and running errands!!LOL I really need to try and finish up a couple of these fall/Halloween projects and get them listed today, too. My only other day off this week is Wed. and it's wrapped up with dentist app'ts. Otherwise, the job itself is pretty enjoyable and most of the people are nice.

We had a pretty sad incident here Saturday evening, that I just found out about at work yesterday. Our Wal-mart is in the shopping center right next to the grocery store I work at. Apparently, a local gentleman had been in a very bad work related accident within the last year and was finally recovering from it, his family really having suffered financial hardship due to his being unemployed, fighting with the employer over medical bills/compensation, etc. They said he was at the checkout in Wal-mart, had a massive heart attack and passed away right there. I just feel terrible for the family - that's got to be tough. DH said whatever I did, I just better never let him die in Wal-mart - he despises the place!

Anyway, how's everything going with you? Don't your kids start school this week? Whatever will you do with yourself? -LOL- I'll try to get back here soon, but for today, I've got to get busy!!

Oh yeah, if I can get this stuff finished and listed today - I'll at least try to get links on here so you can see the cauldron, etc. - it turned out really neat.

Take care,
    Lynn

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lynn~ no worries, I totally understand. I won't be here much this week either. Still have to get school clothes, shoes and supplies bought. DD starts Thursday and the boys start Monday.

Glad you are enjoying the job. Gosh too bad about the fellow at Wally's. How difficult it will be for his poor family now. Hopefully he had some life insurance. DH and I don't and we really need to take some out.

I got one little gingerbread thing painted this weekend. Will post it when I get a chance to take a pic. Do post your links if you have a chance.

I guess I'd better hit the road. Just sat down here for a sec while I was eating my cheerios. ha Have a great day!

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz