Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

New Monday !

luvstocraft
14 years ago

Good morning. Well, we sure had some fun topics and discussions going on our last thread, but guess we should start a new one for this week.

It's so fun coming here and reading posts from each of you. I love hearing about what's going on in your lives and the things other than painting that you enjoy too.

I plan to change the sheets and get a little laundry done today, and as always I need to do a bit of dusting/cleaning. Hope to get another painting project started. I'd be doing good even if I only completed one a week I think.

Hope your weekend had some fun in it. Can't wait to hear what's up for this week.

Luvs

Comments (13)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Good Evening,

Luvs, glad you had time to stop by today. I washed bedding and hung it out on the line to dry yesterday before heading to the city. When we jumped in bed last night it smelled so fresh.

Took a friend to get a new 52" Sony TV and stand. Nice set up. I tried to talk DH into getting 2 but said he doesn't want a new TV. DS came down and hooked it all up for them. Do all of you have the large flat screen TV's? We still have all old school ones but they all work great.

I did get the kitchen cleaned except for the top of the cupboards and I'm to short to see up there anyway. LOL It's so nice to have a sparkling kitchen again. Next is the dining room when I finish the desk. I haven't washed all the china cabinets since Apr. and the dust is getting a little thick.

A friend stopped by the business today and needs her kitchen carpet shampooed so told her I'd try to get that done for her this week. She also has new drapes that need ironed and hung so will try to do that the same night. She is in her late 80's and is the one who lost her daughter before Christmas. She's so nice to keep in touch with me that I will love spending time with her even if it is working time.

I have an appointment next Tues. to get my eye lashes dyed. Have any of you ever tried this? I'm hoping it will eliminate using mascara. For $10 I don't think I can go wrong. I had my eyebrows dyed the last hair appt. Anyone have permanent makeup? So amazing what they offer out there.

So Luvs, did you start another project? Your last tray was pretty cool so hope u r working on a new one.

I need to get my nails filled, hair dyed tomorrow evening so don't think I'll be able to paint until maybe Wed. and by then will need to catch up on all the watering. So torn between nice yard and painting right now. I want it all but don't have time to fit it all in.

Luvs, I think it's great that your retired but I'm thinking I'm not ready for that yet. Afraid I'd just do more for others and not accomplish any more here. Sigh

Thanks for the great projects you all share and Luvs said she will take up the slack for now. Right, Luvs? Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hi all....it's 3:30am and I've been up for an hour. 5 yr old kicked me out of my bed on the one night I was actually sleeping, but when I get woken up....it's pretty much over for the night.
    As for me....I have decided only to do the minimum housework until the kids start school and I can get some deep cleaning done. It does no good at all to clean around here. They are constantly spilling something. DD spilled the box of arm & hammer I had in the fridge all over the fridge, down in the bottom vent and in all the trays. I made her clean it, but her clean and my clean are different. ha Gotta get everything out of the fridge and scrub it down.
    I had a full day yesterday. 2 dr appts for the kids. They didn't have the chicken pox vax for my 9yr old so have to take him back in today. And found out he needs glasses so I've got to try to get him into the eye dr this week. I'm also keeping my friends 11yr old today. He's got some hyperactivity issues, but he's usually good for me. He and both my boys have scouts late this afternoon at different times that I'll be running them to. Wed is doing a little more shopping for school. Kohls sale starts then. DH's company is having a bbq on Friday. Just a lot going on. I'm glad ya'll are all holding down the fort here until I can get back to painting. I think we all understand the call of the sun while it lasts. It's already cooling off here quite a lot. It will be fall before we know it.

I'll be back as often as I can ladies! ~Anj

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hey gals....I'm busy processing zucchini today. I came across this recipe that I'm going to try as soon as possible so thought I'd share it here as well. I really like pineapple so I'm thinking it's gonna be good! Hope you are all having a good day! ~A

Zucchini Bread with Pineapple

Ingredients
    3 eggs
    1 cup olive oil
    2 cups sugar
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    2 cups coarsely grated zucchini
    1 can (8oz) crushed pineapple, drained
    3 cups all purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
    1 cup chopped walnuts
    1 cup raisins

Method
    1 Preheat oven to 350F. In a mixer, beat eggs. Add oil, sugar, and vanilla; continue beating mixture until thick and foamy. With a spoon, stir in the zucchini and pineapple.

2 In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. A third at a time, add dry ingredients into wet and gently stir (by hand) after each addition. Add the walnuts and raisins, blend gently.

3 Divide the batter equally between 2 greased and flour-dusted 5 by 9 inch loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in to the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool thoroughly.

Makes 2 loaves.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good morning! Punk, that is so great that you help your customer like that. It is especially nice of you since you are always so busy and work such long hours already. We have one flat panel tv in our bedroom, but our big screen in the family room still works perfectly, so not switching it out until it dies! LOL Haven't tried any of the permanent makeup--in fact I'm trying to go with less makeup all the time. Figure it's not something I want to have to mess with when I get older! ;o) Oh, I'm sorry to say that I haven't started another project yet either--maybe today????

Anj,good luck with your zuchinni. I'm sure your family will totally enjoy your efforts. Don't forget that sale at Kohl's that you wanted to hit. I have a couple of movie recommendations for you. We went to see "The Time Traveler's Wife" yesterday. I had listened to it on Audio books--my son finds things like this and tells me when he runs across one he thinks I will like. Anyway, it was so good, even had to wipe my eyes a couple of times. ;o) Also, believe it or not, I really enjoyed "GI Joe". Didn't think I would but agreed to go with DH. It had a good plot and of course, great special effects along with some humor too. Next, I want to see "The Ugly Truth". We've been going on Tuesdays when it's Senior Day so we get in for a couple dollars less than normal prices. Had lunch with a friend yesterday and will be bird sitting for her while they go on a month long trip to Branson, Mo. the end of this month.

Hope you all have a great day! Good luck with all your projects.

Luvs

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Morning All............What a week it's been and it's only Wednesday. The weekends are always hectic and spent Monday tweeking the house as we might have family in on Tuesday. A cousin of DH was down of Seattle to attend the opening of our local fair - their 100 year. Sooo off to the fair for the opening celebration and then a trek around the grounds. Two men - two teen boys - and one me! Just didn't work out like I had it planned. But it was fun and then back home and snacks on the deck as it was in the shade and only 89 degrees. (the house was hotter) Today DH want's to get into the pond as it is time to separate the lilies and other plans. He won't let me in the pond, afraid I will fall or some silly thing-but them I probably would! As the weather is "HOT" again, supposed to reach between 98 and 100, don't know how much will get done.

Did anyone other than me have trouble logging in yesterday or today? It wouldn't let me in at all yesterday and I had to try half a dozen time today.

Anj....you zucchine recipe is almost like mine and I love it, but I also insert other things like walnuts or raisins/currents/cranberries which are always a hit with my family. I now get most of my recipes from the internet now, so many choices.

And you asked about nacho's, I mush a can of chili con carni, heat it in a skillet and add it to the first layer on the chips. Then add green onion, tomatoes, olives, and cheese and bake. Then on goes the guac and sour cream. Yummy!

Your squash recipe sounds wonderful, do you use zuchini or pumpkins or ?

Punk...How I envy you being able to do your yard work. I have this really cute cart with an old fashioned looking tractor seat that I use when weeding. And for places I can't reach I hire my step GS to help. But after last year my yard is really overgrown!

So how did the eye lashes turn out?

Luvs...After reading your post about your GD...what a wonderful imagination your GD has and what a wonderful GM she has! How I miss the years our GS was away from us, and only seeing him a couple of times a year. But now, with the truck he is restoring and a "girl friend" and all of the "twists and turns" young love takes, I am just plain thankful that he is living nearby. Not to mention all of the "sports" games we get to attend. Life is a joy!

Spent a good part of Monday cleaning my brush's. I just got a big bottle of Winsor & Newton Brush cleaner & restorer and WOW! I thought my brush's were clean until I started using the cleaner. Someone gave me some very yucky oil encrusted paint brush's and it even cleaned them. I also need to weed out some not so nice brush's but the thought "you might need that scruffy brush sometime" also gets in there too...so well see! I have a new DVD on Brush Basics that I want to watch this afternoon when it get hot, so I might get some practice stroke work done.

As to the TV questions.....we are now watching our 5th wheel trailer. Well actually we sold it and with part of the money purchased a 42" flat screen and love it. It is on a stand but we are planning to mount it on the wall.

Gotta go help DH so....you all stay safe!

Belle

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Good Morning! Just a fly by as we are packing up for a weekend at the ocean or as they say back East "at the beach" Our group of Friends 14, which is now down to 4, are getting together to have fun! We put together about 6 charity events a year, like oyster feeds, and about every two years we do something like this. The original 14 is now down to 4 couples and have been doing is for 16 years. Wow! And we are all still friends.

I spent the day yesterday online with a computer tech trying to find out why the touch keys on my new computer won't work, so while waiting for them I used each of my newly cleaned brush's and did lots of stroke work and actually tossed some brush's. I'm still shaking! My strokes improved but the computer didn't! Will try again Monday.

Ya' All Take Care and have a wonderful weekend!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Belle, I hope you have a great time "at the beach". ;o) That's great that all of you have remained friends for so many years. Sounds like you might need to do so "recruiting" pretty soon--the more the merrier, right? LOL

Anj, are the kiddos all ready for the start of school? Did you get all those appts. and shopping taken care of? Isn't tonight DH's party? Hope you have a great time.

How about you Punk? Did you get the ladies carpet shampooed? Bet she enjoyed visiting with you as much as she enjoyed having her carpet done. ;o) Are you going to get a little R&R (rest & relaxation) this weekend. Sure hope so, you are just constantly on the go it seems--don't know how you do it!

Everyone have a great weekend. I should have a new project completed by Monday--maybe! I'll catch you later.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Hello All,
    Anj your Zucchini Bread with Pineapple sounds great. I'm still without and not sure I want any at the moment. I've been to busy to think about any thing other than work. Early mornings and late nights.

We are going back to the city tomorrow to trade the TV for a little smaller one. The one we got seems to large for our friends.

Luvs, the lady I'm shampooing for is a friend not a client. I've known her longer than I've owned the business. If I can find time this weekend maybe I'll get the carpet and drapes done for her.

I'm so excited to see your next project. Go Luvs Go!!!

Belle, sounds like you and your friends have a wonderful relationship and that's the way it should be. Life is to short to not be happy. The eye lashes are this Tues. after work, so I'll let you know. It won't last forever but I'm hoping for a month at least.

Our weather has warmed up again so it means water plants every night after work or at least the evenings I can fit it in. I love the yard but sometimes it's more than I have time for.

Bebe where are you? Hope your having to much fun to join us here and not something negative. We miss your projects.

CC where are you also. If your reading and don't have time to post often, please let us hear a little hello at least. We miss you also.

I best go change sprinklers so I'll check back this weekend. Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good morning, thought I'd pop in here for just a quick minute--as opposed to a long minute! LOL

Little GD is coming to play today while her folks go into LA for brunch with an old friend who is in town.

We are having wonderfully mild weather, but it's been overcast yesterday and today. Here in California, it's "unusual" when we don't see the sunshine. I'm sorta hoping that we might get a nice shower. Would wash the trees and rooftops and make everything smell nice and fresh.

Punk, I'm doing three of the same item, and all nine pieces are now basecoated. I'll probably work on the "details" tomorrow, so might have pics to share by Monday. No promises--but maybe! ;o)

Bet everyone's yards are looking really pretty about now. Punk, I know you enjoy your yard and just going out to water probably calms and soothes you after your hectic busy days. I re-planted the little circle around my yard light yesterday, what I had in there was looking a little tired. Put in some Vincas, they usually do good for me.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Good Afternoon,

I'm so excited to see what your painting Luvs. You must be painting up a storm to be able to entertain GD and get some of these finished. We must of traded places. You go speedy.

I painted some last night and more today in between yard and house work. I'm not impressed with my cake pan but will post any way so I can contribute since it's been so long. I started on a tray for fall so maybe it'll turn out better.

DGD stopped by last evening after going to the lake all day and was so excited that now that she can swim, she got to ride the big tube with her dad. I'm glad I wasn't there cuz I would of freaked out!!! Don't get me wrong everyone should learn to swim but I'm not sure about riding the tubes. Just scares the gwadens out of me.

My yard is starting to look alittle dry here and there again so I'm helping the underground sprinklers with running sprinklers in the dry areas. Our foutains all needed cleaned so got them looking good again. A little reminder why it's nice when we get to stop working in the yard. haha

Just got a call last night and will have more company coming next month. I love entertaining but it's going to be a busy Sept. with lots of company and the fair to boot.

Best go and get a load of laundry out of the dryer. Oh I will go post a picture of cake pan. Take care everyone and we'll yak later.

Punk

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Ah!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful weekend! The weather was so great and we did practacly nothing but eating and wine tasting, well some did...I'm not big on wine so I stuck to my Malabou Rum. We went to the marina and got fresh crab and shrimp, then cooked them for dinner along with steaks. We spent 3 hours at the dinner table and I think we laughed as much as we ate. So many fun memories. Some of us took the boat out and explored some of the interlocking channels that makes up Ocean Shore....so many beautiful homes and so much wild life, deer eating everywhere and not afraid of anyone.

I was just out feeding my sunflower when I noticed someone had come along and cut off all of the large flowers, over a dozen of them. I was so mad I wanted to call the Sheriff....DH gave me one of his "Now Honey" looks and I have up that idea, but I am still mad! They had to have had a truck to stand in to cut them. Can you all see the steam over my house?

Well I'm off to read the mail....everyone take care!

Belle

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Belle,

Your sunflower thief needs your flowers more than you so turn done the heat, honey. If you can let it go you may find out in time who done it. Around here the law wouldn't even consider coming to talk about something like that. How upsetting to come home to the large ones missing, I'm sorry. If you lived closer, I'd share mine with you. Sounds like they have alot of guts to drive right up and cut them off.

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with your friends. So happy part of your weekend went well and your fresh crab and shrimp, sounds delicious. I rarely drink but I could grow to love Captain Morgan and coke. I want to join you next time. I love looking at all the homes too.

DS was down and visited this afternoon so that was nice. He has had alot of theft with his one business lately so had to let an employee go and have security cameras put in.

Does anyone else ever have an issue with your eyes? When I do nails and paint for a couple hours my eyes no longer want to stay focused. Seems like they are needing drops or something is going on. I've been on here and folded a load of laundry so should be able to go paint some more.

I'll be back later this coming week. Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi you two. Just wanted to tell Belle that I am so sorry about your sunflowers. I just can't imagine someone having the nerve to just drive up and help themselves like that! Now there's some steam over my house too!

So glad you had a good time with your friends. Isn't it nice to have the time to just relax and enjoy them like that? We all need some of that down time every now and again.

Punk, everybody must just love being with you and think you are the "hostess with the mostest"! I can't believe all the company you get! So how do you entertain them all and work too? I loved seeing your projects when I signed on today, glad you were able to squeeze in some painting time too.

Hope our Anj and PF will get to come by and let us know how they are doing soon too.

Luvs

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor