Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
colorgal_gw

Summer is going by to fast.

colorgal
15 years ago

Hello all. Boy this summer is getting away from me. There are so many things outside that need to be done before winter gets here. The weather hasn't been helping out much. It's been raining a lot here, so can't work outside much. Next month I will be starting my Christmas painting projects. I love to paint things for gifts. A lot of people like to get them. I best get done with all that outside work so I can get back to my first love, painting.

I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying the rest of the summer.

Colorgal

Comments (2)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Hi Colorgal, good to hear from you. I've sort of been thinking the same way--that I need to get my Fall and Christmas projects started in order to have them done in time!

What area are you in? I'm in So. Calif. and we are having hot weather right now--that's why I thought it might be good to paint some snowmen so my mind would think "cool"! LOL

I hadn't thought too much about summer almost being over until I went into Homegoods and they had all the Halloween things out already! Then I talked to a friend and the kids will be starting back to school the end of this month too. The older I get, the faster time seems to fly--and here I thought I'd have so much more time to paint after I retired!

So what kinds of things are you planning to paint as Christmas gifts? I'm always looking for new ideas. Anj paints lots of items for Christmas too, so come back and chat with us about it. Maybe we can share some of our past projects and give each other "new" ideas or inspiration.

Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Hi CG~ Good to hear from you. I am so upset. I thought I'd have all this time to paint once the kids were out of school. Wrong! I've had even less time than I did before. I am going to start on some Christmas projects too. We usually pick one family each year to do the 12 days of Christmas for (one gift each night) so I need to get some things painted up for that as well as some little gifts for friends and neighbors. I am thinking this year I will give them each a loaf of my zucchini bread and a little painted ornament. That means about 20+ that I need to get done. I've just got to carve out some time and get busy. Plus I was thinking the other day that I wanted to paint some more soaps. (weren't those fun Luvs?) Maybe some Halloween ones for my new bathroom and a couple for a friend who has a little Halloween get-together each year. I also got half a witch cut out before my saw blade broke and I want to get a few more Halloween cutouts done and painted too. If I keep thinking there are soooo many projects that I want to get done and sooo little time. The kids are going back to school the last week of this month so I am going to have to go back to setting aside one day each week just to paint....no errands....no housework....just painting. ha Sorry to ramble. It happens when I start thinking about all my projects. =) ~Anj