Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Oh Anjabee!

luvstocraft
14 years ago

Anj, where in the world are you? Didn't you get those kidlets all back in school? How's the littlest one liking kindergarten? Does she feel like she's one of the big kids now? Have you been cleaning and straightening your house up all week? Don't you overdo it and make yourself sick, okay? We miss you on here--messes up my whole day when I don't see a post from you! ;o) Luvs

Comments (13)

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hey Luvs....I know I've been MIA a lot lately. I'm so sorry. So much has been going on around here. I got the kids in school this week except for the littlest starts Monday. We had her testing this week. She thinks she's gonna like it. She really likes her teacher so far. I do to, she seems funny and nice. I have been trying to get my house back in order from the summer mayhem. It's getting there.
    Just have a lot of stuff going on with DH's job and our side businesses and we are both taking a computer business class so lots of homework for us. Church activities, kids activities, lots of stuff with friends and family and all the dr and dental and eye appts trying to get ready for school. It's just been nuts around here. ha I keep waiting for things to slow down, but so far not happening.
    I didn't get to paint yesterday....ended up having to take DD to Walmart for more school supplies and groceries when the kids got out 1/2 day. Had some business stuff to take care of after that and then DH took me out last night for my b-day. We happened to meet up with another couple that we are friends with at the restaurant so we all sat and visited. That was nice.
    I'm hoping today I can paint. It is a lone day on my calendar with no pen marks on it. ha If I can stay secluded in my painting room maybe they will forget I'm here and let me paint. ha
    I try to get over here as much as I can. I miss you too! Seems like it's hit and miss and not able to sit and type out much information. I miss our chats. ha I guess I'd better take some time to figure out what I'm painting today so it doesn't cut too much into my painting time. Thanks for checking on me! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good to hear from you. You had me spoiled with our daily chats, so even though I truly understand how busy you are, I still get "withdrawal" symptoms! LOL Just teasing you, I just wanted to be sure you were okay.

Hopefully you were able to coordinate some of those doctor/dentist appts. so you didn't meet yourself coming and going. I got mixed up I guess, thought your little one started this week, but not until next week. Glad she likes her teacher--that's half the battle. Will she go everyday? Is it half days? You are gonna miss your little sidekick, aren't you? She will have lots to tell you each day when she gets home though.

I'm sure your "chaufer" service is in full swing all ready with the other three and their activities. Are any of them playing sports this year?

My little GD seems too grown up and independent already. She tells me that she likes her teacher too--but misses her old teacher---and she does everything the teacher says! Not so sure about that part! LOL An older friend of mine had bought a Dora doll for her, and when I gave it to her, she said "I'm trying to say this nicely--but I'm really not into Dora anymore". Just cracked me up. She did end up playing with it and enjoying it after we put the batteries in it however. ;o) Five going on fifteen I guess!

Our weather got hot again, into the 100's, so haven't been doing much outside. I've been trying to clear out some of my "wanna do's" so have been painting quite a bit. Have a little tray almost ready for a pic to share. Just a few more touchups and applying the sealer.

I've got lunch with the girls I used to work with today and a loaf of banana bread in the oven that I don't want to forget about--so I'd better get off here and get busy.

Thanks for giving us a shout, take care and have a nice weekend. And a belated Happy Birthday!

Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hey again. Twice in one day...amazing. Well, staying secluded didn't help me. Got roped into doing something for my mom so I'm online trying to get some things researched and printed out for her, so thought I'd open another window here.
    Got all the dr appts done. Did have to go back for a shot they didn't have on appt day for one child and then back to pick up glasses again for another child, but think I finally got them all caught up for another year....except for the ongoing braces appts. KG goes every day, but only for 2 hours in the morning. They do morning and afternoon KG at this school so they break it up that way. Oh yeah, my 5 year old is the same, I always say 5 going on 20. ha The boys have forgone sports again this year...they don't want to put in all the practice hours. Oldest DD will be playing Jr High Basketball again this year, but I think we have a few months before that starts up.
    On top of the other stuff, I've been trying to put up veggies from my garden and do a little yard work too. Have also had a few friends in the hospital that I've been trying to help out. Now another friend just went in this week. Have to go visit him tomorrow. He's in his 80's and we just love him. Hope he's gonna pull thru things ok. They are running a bunch of tests on him this week. My SIL just had to go in for an emergency hysterectomy and she's not doing good. She's out of state so been on the phone a bunch trying to get updates on her. Have another friend going in for surgery in Oct and she'll be at home for 6 weeks so I'll go help her out with her baby and whatever she needs me to do. There's way more....I could go on for days, but don't want to bore you. ha Just so you know, I'd be here if I could. I miss ya! And I miss painting.

Anyway, I only got my painting desk all set up and the surface picked out, but was still trying to figure out what I'm painting when I got voluntold to do this project so I need to hurry up and get it out of the way so I can get painting. I'm leaning toward Halloween projects so that may be what I end up doing. Have a good time with your friends today. =)
    Oh and thanks for the b-day wishes. It's not until Sunday, but that's a full day so decided to go out last night since DH has to work today. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Anj,

My head is spinning after reading what you have going on in your life!!! Hope you can stay on top of everything and stay sane. I can relate to so much going on. Right now I'm trying to get everything ready to head to the fair and also leave the office in order for those left behind. Company's coming to join us and ooh la la. Life is a kick and so fast paced these days.

Hope you SIL is doing better today. It's hard when thier out of state and you can't be with them. We have to remember we can't do everything and it's ok.

Sounds like DD will be fine in school but our question is will mommy? You sound like such a good one and that's wonderful. Our DD is also a wonderful mom and it's to bad she can't have more but others benefit from it. She always takes others to have fun with her and DD. She ask if we could take a friend to the fair with her and I said YES! It will be DOUBLE the fun. This reminds me it's not all about money but havin' fun.

I'll say Happy Birthday today in case I don't end up on here tomorrow. Thanks Luvs for bringing this out right before. I never go check that out.

I can also relate to harvest time. There is never enough hours in my days. Others have enjoyed my produce more than I have and that's great. I would like to freeze some but it will have to wait if it's suppose to happen this year.

Anj, know we are thinking of you and good to hear from you. I didn't know you had businesses so Welcome to that world. LOL Try to check in more often to keep Luvs from withdrawls. You know we need her paintin' and postin'.haha

Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hey ya'll. It's almost midnight so I gotta get to bed, but thought I'd stop in here for a minute. I have had an awesome day. DH took me out Friday for dinner, but then he cooked me a steak dinner tonight as well. Had people stopping in all day to wish me Happy B-day and bringing me little gifts. So nice. Had my family here to do cake and ice cream as well. Very fun day.

Punk~ for the longest time it was just me and luvs here on the board so we got to chat every day and get to know each other. We do get withdrawals when we don't get to chat much. ha We've become pretty good friends over the years. ha
    Hope ya'll had a good time at the fair today.
    Guess the kids and mommy are all ready for school to start tomorrow. We'll see who cries harder tomorrow. ha Anyway, I'm about to crack my jaw yawning so I'd better get to bed. Early day tomorrow. Just wanted to let ya'll know that it took me a while to get my project going on Saturday, but I did get a little painted. Will try to finish it up this week. Talk to ya'll again soon. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Morning! so glad you had a wonderful birthday, Anj. Not a bit surprised at so many wanting to celebrate it with you--you always do so much for everyone!

Punk, it has been such a blessing having you, Belle, and Bebe joining us here. Anj is right, for a long time we were afraid there were no other painters out there to join us. Since neither of us are "fast" painters like the three of you--our conversations side got the most use I'm afraid! However, I did really enjoy and look forward to our morning conversations. Now with the kids getting older and involved in so many things, I totally understand how it is hard for Anj to be on here much--but still look forward to hearing from her every chance she gets.

Anj, how did it go this morning? Does your house feel really empty? Hope you took a picture of her all dressed up for her first day! Hard to believe babies grow up so fast. Are the other three all settling into their classes and routines? Hope so.

Luvs

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Back again. Told DH about your littlest one started school today and his comment was "so is she ready to have another little one now?" ;o)

Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hey you guys! Are you amazed or what? ha And I've actually painted a little bit today too! Don't fall off your chairs. ha
    This morning was rough, but we made it through. Mom wore her sunglasses luckily so DD couldn't see her tear up. She was very nervous, but when I picked her up she was ready to go back tomorrow. She had a great day. She promptly came home and ate lunch and took a nap which she hasn't done in a long time! I guess a combo of getting up earlier and structured class wore her down. ha
    Luvs....You can tell R that not no, but Heck no am I ready to have any more! ha I took care of that little job myself. Remember DH's vascectomy? ha The dr let me do some of the snipping. ha I would have loved to have had more kids, but with my bad back and how sick I got just no way. Did tear my heart strings a little to see her march bravely in to the class today with just a few backwards glances for DM. My baby!!
    I got a few errands run and have been working around the house. Decided to work on my project a little more. It's of course coming along very slowly. ha We are very happy to have other painters here to show off their good talents and to chit chat with us as well. Thanks for everyone's efforts to get here and post projects. Well, if I'm ever gonna get this one posted I'd better get back to it. Cya tomorrow hopefully! ha ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Awww! I teared up just imagining her marching off to the classroom and leaving the security of being with Mom behind. ;o( They are all such little troopers.

Glad you were able to relax and paint a little bit. It is always fun to see a project start to take shape.

LOL, I told DH you would probably say that! You have enough challenges already with "TEENAGERS". ;o)

I did a bit of housework today, had a nap--didn't sleep good last night for some reason, and then took a ride with DH to listen to our book on tape. I had some projects I wanted DH to work on but no luck there. Got to find some way to motivate him to do some "honey do's" that need taken care of. Maybe when the weather is a bit cooler.

I haven't selected my next project yet, have several I'm considering. We'll see. Be sure to go to the gallery when you get a chance, Punk and I have both posted projects this week.

Better go eat some dinner, hope Punk enjoyed her first day at the fair. Belle and Bebe haven't been by for a couple days either--hope they will surprise us with more projects! ;o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Evening All,

So mommy was sad and DD enjoyed her first day. Nice to hear all survived the first day! Anj you are so lucky you've been able to stay home with your children all these years. I think it's worth the sacrifice if one can do it. My DD has always been to career oriented for that. (Don't know where she got that)

I can't imagine what will happen with GD next year but she goes to preschool now so it won't be the fact she's at school as much as where she will go to school. I have a hard time thinking her mommy could be 75 miles away every day if she needs her and I'm sure her mommy doesn't even want to think about it. On the other hand DD would have to commute 5 days a week and if that's the case, they should sell and move. 1 year to toss it around and come to a conclusion.

Good to hear that we aren't having withdrawls today and it will be ok for me to finish packing and leave. LOL Sounds like it's a good thing you two stuck it out on here or this forum might not exist. Hope you know when I thank you for keeping it going it comes from the HEART. Isn't it great that you can meet people on here and bond right away?

I just got a call from my other brother and he would like to bring the family and come up for their 25th anniversary. So if that happens, I can let you know right away what he thinks of his platter. I know we have the fair but I'd like to have some kind of celebration for them and can't think of what I could possibly fit into my schedule. He said they may be up this weekend and so I told him he knows where the key is and can help themselves or head to the fair and join us. Our cabin is only 15 miles from the fair so who knows it may be full also.LOL Know of anyone who would like to trade places with me? me either. Oh other bro will be here at noon tomorrow for a couple weeks. I'm so happy.

Anj, it will be great to see your project so hope you have time to finish while I'm away. Break is over so I need to get off here and do more packing out to the camper.

Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hey ya'll. Just wanted to stop in real quick and tell ya that we got invited to go camping with some friends for the long weekend. I'm not gonna be able to finish up my project. Will be baking, cleaning and packing all day today as we are leaving at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow morning. ha Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend. I'll be back Tuesday and will check in then. Cya~Anj

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Hi All....like Anj I have been among the missing. We took an unexpected trip to Eastern WA for a few day and just got back. In some ways I wish we hadn't came back.

Our neighbor for 40 + years just lost is daughter. Her and her soon to be fiance we packing for a weekend camping trip and she handed him her loaded gun and while he was trying to remove the clip the gun fired causing him severe damage to several fingers but hitting her in the groin, severing the artery. She lasted only a few minutes. God....this had to be the worst time in anyone's live, to loose a child. I spent several hours with the parents today....sad, sad, time.

Hubby and our DD and DSIL are working under the house to replace the last of the beams and footings. We are having to pour large cement footing under each beam because of the erosion. But things are sounding sounder already. And this should be the last of the major repairs and we are hoping the siding will hold up until next summer. Know of anyone who would like a "new" home with creek and river access?

Glad to see Anj back but still way to busy and I checked out all of the photos....my some of us have been busy. I did start a new project with terra cotta pots, so far it seems a little strange but I do like the finished product, so here hoping.

Tonight starts the first game of the football year and we are on our way up to Tacoma for the opener. Our DGS is on the special teams and fills in for the center. (He's not big enough to fill in for the center, but does a good job of it anyway.)His school is very small so most players have more than one job, and most play on Jr. and Sr. varsity, so that means two games each week. What we do for our Grandkids! And today I am really thankful that I have him!

Gotta go!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Belle, what a sad thing about your friend's daughter and her fiance. So tragic and such a shame.

Glad you had a good trip, nice to do that from time to time isn't it?

Two games a week, huh? Hope it's not a long drive for you, and hope his team does really well and has lots of fun.

I haven't painted this week either. Don't really have a good reason--guess I just took a break! I've been going through some stuff to try to get ready for a yard sale this month. My neighbor hoped we could have a block sale with several of us participating, so I told her I would.

Hope Punk had a good week at the Fair. Knowing her, she probably put in long hours and enjoyed every minute of it.

Glad Anj has a chance for a fun weekend too. Not many days of summer left so need to enjoy it while she can.

I'll catch you later.

Luvs