Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

A sad day...

paintingfool
14 years ago

We had a very special couple in our town who loved children so much they adopted 13 children with special needs. And they had 4 of their own. They were featured in a news article several years ago and we all thought they must have very large hearts to care for these children. Now some low life has decided to murder the two of them, leaving 17 children without parents. And the worse thing was that 9 of the special need children were home and three saw the men who invaded their home. I do not understand how anyone can so methodically take anothers life - and they knew the children would be there when they decided to execute this wonderful couple.

Everyone I know is so mad and yet so sad for them. I am so glad we have a new sheriff in town. He was amazing. He kept most of the information out of the news - even though it was a major story on all the major networks. He and his deputies worked 103 hours straight to complete the arrest of those ---- I don't know what to call them because there isn't a word to describe them. And to make it even worse, the ringleader was given several awards recently from the community for teaching self defense to several thousand children in our area. It is scary to think he was around any children at all.

Ok, I have vented for the evening. Hope to see postings soon. I miss it when everyone is so busy.

Comments (12)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

I heard that story on the news! Was just amazed when I heard they had adopted 13 children and had had 4 of their own. They must have been very caring people. Can't imagine why someone would go in and do something so horrible to them and leave those children homeless. Glad they caught the guys--and we all know what they deserve!

We always go through "dry" spells on here. This time of year, kids are out of school, vacations are going on, and everyone just wants to go places and do things before cold weather hits again. In all honesty, this forum has never been very busy in the two or so years since I've found it, but if you look at all three areas here--there really have been allot of posts. In fact, I'm amazed at how many "pretties" we have all posted! I know I have sure enjoyed seeing everyone's projects and get so excited when we have someone new post with us.

Hope you have a great day, glad you have been coming by to share with us.

Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Man, people are just sick. That is so wrong. Poor kids. I'm glad they caught them though. I haven't watched any tv for a while, I'll have to go see if I can find the article online.

I'm going to try to get by with just doing laundry today and get some painting done. Wish me luck! =)

~Anj

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

I have been "up country" and we have not kept up with the news....there is not punishment, and that's what it should be, to sufficiently meter out to these murder's. I can not even begin to imagine that amount of trauma that the children will live with the rest of their lives. To bad there isn't punishment for that!!!!!

I do feel guilty for not dropping in for quite a while...we have been help friends build their home which is in the foot hills of the Olympics and is beautiful! I can't do much on the building side but I do cook. Did I mention that I really don't like to cook? Oh! Well! Life is full of I don't likes! Everyone is hoping that there is power by Wed., and then watch out internet!

It is great to see that you are all well and enduring the summer. We have broken several temp. records and had a forest fire near our home caused from logging on Friday. Thank goodness they got to it fast, because the winds were driving it our way. It's been about 20 years since our last scare, did I mention I don't like to be scared? One more don't like.

My foot is all well and now I know that I do actually tan, there is a great difference in the skin colors.

Have any of you watched the Patricia Rawlinson's video's. I think I got the link here, can't remember, but some of her tips are really great. If I do everything correct the link is at the bottom of this post. I am in the process of painting her Patriotic lazy susan, but she could sure improve her patterns or may be I'm just to picky!But when I purchase a pattern I shouldn't have to take hours redoing it so that it is balanced and looks planned. I also picked up her pattern for lace ornaments and am ready to give it a try...they sure are gorgeous! But I will need to practice my coma strokes first. Did I mention I don't like doing coma strokes?

I have check out all of the current posts to the gallery...WoW! You all have been busy. Beautiful roses, and bunnies and Unkie Sams and Lady Liberty and pansy's with attitudes, patriotic signs and awesome clip boards and ... and.... I could go on and on! Where do you all find the time? Are there more hours in the days as one moves East?

Well...I'm closing this chapter (this post is long enough)I still have laundry to do, we are gong back to the home building tomorrow, and I get to cook some more. Yippy! I did mention I don't like to cook right?

Ya'All Take Care!

Belle

Ps. One good thing about cooking - I usually don't have to clean up afterwords and I don't like the clean up part of cooking!

link:http://www.patriciarawlinson.com/

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

I thought I had posted to this but guess not. Bebe you are so right! This type of behavior is just sick and wrong. I hope they get what they deserve. The punishment has to get stricter or our poor little ones will never feel safe in years to come. People like them are few and I for one could never take on that many children and work.

I have not been able to watch Patricia Rawlins video but I really like some of her painting. I went to her site again and took a look.

Had so much fun with GD and didn't want to take her home today. I feel blessed I was able to keep her for 3 whole days. Her parents just miss her and don't give her up for even a night normally.

So glad this forum is making it through the summer. I will try to get some painting done but just doesn't seem like I have a spare moment this summer. Thank you so much for all your projects you've shared and it does inspire me!

Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hey you guys....just stopping in for a quick second. Busy busy. I've been trying to help my friend who had surgery. Took her kids Friday all day and let them spend the night. I did get one thing painted but have a little sanding and gluing and I'll post it. We went to shoot skeets Saturday. It was me, DH and 5 other guys. So fun!! We had a best 10 out of 10 shots and I got 8 out of 10!! One guy tied with me and 2 others did better with 9 out of 10. We had a great time except for there was a LOT of grasshoppers and praying mantis out there. UGH.
    Then we had a bbq with those guys and their wives that night. So we were busy all day.
    I have been super busy today and we are leaving in 2 hours to take the kids to a Bees game (minor league baseball). Sigh. Lots going on this week and weekend. Trying to pack lots in before the kids start school the last week of August. So if I don't get here much, I'm still thinking about ya'll and I'm still trying to get here as much as possible and contribute to the gallery as well. Ya'll take care and hope you are all enjoying your summers as well. Belle...good to hear from you! Later guys. ~Anj

• nonacook
    14 years ago

I had not been at this site since the murders, but it is terrible to have something like this happen in our hometown. My Sister-in-law is a special eds schoolbus driver, and drives these kids. As soon as she heard, she went to the house to see if she could comfort the kids (they love her), but could not see them of course. It's only a mile or two from our 9 Mile Road property. The yard where they found the van used in the crime is less than a mile from where I live. Scary! They have arrested the 8 involved. It was the dumbest crime --videos in every room!!!!

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Nona and Bebe, please keep us posted on what they say the motive was for this. We don't always hear the followups on the news. I am so glad they had the videos and caught them--there's no punishment severe enough to pay for what they've done! Luvs

• nonacook
    14 years ago

7 of the 8 arrested (6 men and a teenage boy) had arraignment hearings yesterday and they all pleaded 'Not Guilty'. The 8th person, a woman, was charged with accessory after the fact (she had the stolen safe and the guns-safe found buried in back yard of one of her houses). She will go before the Judge next Monday. She is also charged with Bigamy-one husband in Fl and one in Ala. Has allegations of food stamp fraud as well.
    There was a second safe in the house that had $164,000 in it that they didn't get. The one they got only had legal papers, etc in it.
    If you want more details you can go to
    PNJ.com
    and there is still a lot of info you can click on.

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Nona, Thanks for updating us on this sad, sad story. Interesting that so many men were involved this this murder. Sad thinking there is that many sick people in this world. I have a hard time when a murder like this is committed and there is a not guilty plea.

I will go read the article later. Maybe robbery was the motif if they kept that much money in the home. Punk

• nonacook
    14 years ago

The family name is Billings. You can click on the photo of the house with the pool behind it...
    Takes you to the page with the info.

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Thanks for the update Nona. Someone must have mentioned having money in the house, but still would have to be so cold hearted to deprive those kids of their parents--glad they got caught. Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Nona, Thanks for the link. Sounds like they are on top of this case and they will get what they have coming more than likely. Thanks, Punk