Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2 garden angels

Posted by anjabee (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 07 at 19:51

I know I've only been doing simple things lately, but it's all I've had time for. There wasn't any "real" painting involved in these so thought I'd just put them over here. 2 garden angels I did last week. The one is an upside down candle holder I got at the TS for 25 cents I think. The hat is a little more decorated than you can see in the picture. It has some pink beads on top. They are going out in the beds. I think my beds are going to have more "stuff" than actual plants before long. ha ~Anj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2 garden angels

Those are adorable! Love those signs . . . they'd be perfect for my garden. Great imagination in using the candle holder. You not only thought out of the box, but upside down!

Susan

o

They both turned out really cute Anj. Very creative use of the candle holder, and now I can see why you needed the metal wings. They will look great tucked in your flower beds. Luvs

o

Thanks ya'll. I'm hoping they'll get a little weathered. They are looking a little too shiney for my taste. Don't know how moss head angel is going to hold up. May have to give her a nail hair re-do after a while. ha I sprayed them both with Thompsons waterseal so we'll see.

That candlestick was red when I bought it, and I was actually intent on making it into an Uncle Sam like one I'd seen in a magazine, but I kept seeing the angel and had to make her. I had a paint stick that I scored with a blade to cut and make the signs. Perfect size for what I wanted. They are going into a bed that I'm constantly fighting weeds in so perfect signage for that area. ha

I don't know how long they'll hold up, but for a couple of bucks they were worth it while they last. :) ~Anj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here