Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Weekly post

luvstocraft
14 years ago

Thought I'd start up a new post for this week.

Glad we heard from Belle again! What a neat thing that she is helping her friends build their new home! And doing all that cooking that she's not crazy about! LOL

Punk is busy, busy, busy as usual. So great that she is able to spend that precious time with the little granddaughter. She sure does a great job of juggling work, family and fun!

And Anj checked in to tell us she's having some great fun and hasn't forgotten about us! That's what summertime is all about. So glad she's able to spend fun time with her kids and DH while school's out.

And Bebe is probably at the Painting convention. It will be great to hear about the classes and new products when she returns.

I'm trying to keep "cool", temps in the upper 90's here all week. DH and I are taking advantage of the "senior" rates at the movies and taking drives to the beach (only 75 there yesterday while it was 101 inland). I'm recovering some chair seats and getting a few TS finds ready to paint on.

If I've missed anyone, please jump in here and tell us how you are spending your time this summer too.

Luvs

Comments (4)

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hey everyone. Thought I'd better jump over here before my day gets too hectic. DH is off today and we are trying to get lots done before our crawfishing expedition tonight/tomorrow. DH is loading up the truck and taking my brother and my 9 year old up to spend the night at the reservoir and then I'm bringing the rest of them up tomorrow morning. It's a 3 hour drive. My aunt and cousins are coming so we should have a lot of fun and a big crawfish boil. mmmm

I've missed being here with ya'll and seeing all the fun projects and getting to work on any myself. But that's what summers all about I guess. Gotta make those memories for the kiddos. ha My mood is way up from spending so much time out in the sunshine.

Luvs thanks for giving us the cliffnotes version so we can keep up. Glad you and DH are having some fun. Have you seen Harry Potter yet? Any good? We loved Transformers and are trying to find a day to go see HP. Maybe sometime next week. I LOVE the beach. Wish we had one here that didn't stink. ha The Great Salt Lake has a beach, but it also doesn't smell that great because it's full of brine shrimp. ha We don't like windy days here cause it brings the stank our way.

Belle~ You are racking up the blessings from helping your friend...especially with the chore that you dislike the most. ha (me too)

Punk~ enjoy your Gkids and glad to hear from you when you get to check in.

Bebe~ look forward to hearing about your classes.

Well, guess I'd better get back to it. DS just told me last night that his water socks don't fit so gotta try to go track some down today. Ya'll have a great weekend. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Hi,
    Have the kids spending the night with us and we're heading to the cabin in the morning. I won't have much time to spend on here this summer but will do what I can to help keep this going.

It's always good to read your posts and so sorry I don't have much time to join in. I'll check back later this weekend. Punk

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Good Evening,

We didn't stay up at the cabin. As always got alot of cleaning, repairing and yard taken care of. Came home tired but got my fountain put back together so I can share a painted project with you tonight. haha

{{gwi:170172}}
    {{gwi:170174}}

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

What a difference the painting makes. In the before picture, you could hardly even see the "critters" on it. Great job, it looks really nice now.

Anj, we went on Senior Tuesday to see Harry Potter. Had the usual great special effects, but for me, the plot was a bit lacking in this one. Some cute scenes with the adolescents this time though, they are all growing up! ;o)

Went to a nice party yesterday. Our neighbors son and his new wife just got back from serving in Afghanistan. Both are in the military but were stationed at different locations--must be hard on newlyweds! The Mom is so relieved to have them both back safely now. She hired a taco caterer for the main course, then we had lots of salads, casseroles and desserts. The highpoint of her parties is always tasting the salsas--they range from mild to "burning the roof off your mouth". LOL

GD coming today, so picked up some goodies at Michael's to hide for an "inside" treasure hunt for her. It's nice here in the mornings and evenings, but too hot in the middle of the day! She loves to be outside, but Gramma's not so crazy about being out in the heat! LOL

Hope everyone has fun today. I'll chat with you soon.

Luvs

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths