Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
colorgal_gw

About me.

colorgal
15 years ago

Hello. I'm new to this forum. I have been tole painting for the last 10 years. I spend a lot of time doing it and I have made a lot of projects over the years, just for family and friends. I mostly like to paint on wood but I will give other things a try. Right now I am painting a scenery on a saw for the first time. It's taking me a lot longer than I thought it would. It's very tiny work and my eyes can only stand working on it for so long.

I'm always trying to learn new techniques. I figure even if I do paint, there is always so much more to learn.

As soon as I figure out how to post the pictures. I will show you some of my work.

Colorgal

Comments (5)

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Good morning and Welcome Colorgal! So glad you decided to join us. We would love to see some of your work. As you know, painting is very visual so if you need help posting pics please ask. There is a tutorial on the Discussions page of this forum. Look up in the upper right hand side of the screen to change between Discussions (talk about painting and some pics), Conversations (where we come to gab about anything) and the Gallery (lots of pics). We look forward to getting to know you. I have a long 2 man saw I want to paint one of these days so I'll look forward to seeing yours when it's completed! =) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

I'll jump in here and add my welcome to you also. We love to have new people join us, and really enjoy and appreciate seeing everyone's work. Just follow the tutorial step by step and you will be able to share your projects with us in no time. I only learned about a year and a half ago with Anj's help--and if I can do it, anyone can! ;o) I have two rusted round saw blades that I haven't painted yet--but might someday. Can't wait to see your's all painted up. Luvs

• colorgal
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you for your welcomes. I will try and figure out the posting of pictures soon. My small is a smaller one. I don't think I could do a 2 man saw. My eyes are having a hard enough time getting through this one.
    Colorgal

• calirose
    15 years ago

Hi colorgal and welcome. I am not new to THS but don't post regularly. (trying to do better)

Aren't these the finest group of people on this forum!!!

rhonda

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Colorgal, on our main discussion page, the first or second post is a how to for posting pics that Anj did for all our "newbies". If you follow it step by step, you should be posting pics in no time! ;o)

We are so glad to have you and Calirose joining us--the more the better! I would so love to have our forum just buzzing with discussions and pics of projects, wouldn't you?

Now I need to get moving and start working on some projects so that I will have more to share on here too! I find that I get distracted and procrastinate waaaay too much! LOL

Luvs