Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Teaching ornaments this weekend

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 6, 10 at 0:49

I just got back from Pennsylvania and New York. Had a great time at my neice's wedding. The mountains were beautiful - but cold! And it is nice getting back home. I shopped at the antique stores, they have so many nice things and the prices are much lower than here in the south. I picked up 44 baby spoons and demitasse spoons, will post pics later after I decide what I am going to do with them.

I will be teaching this weekend at our annual Ornament Paint In with our chapter. The little wood ornament is from Hobby Lobby and the Santa is from AC Moore. This is the time of the year when I really start painting, mostly ornaments and Christmas items.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Teaching ornaments this weekend

Both are so beautiful but I do love the Santa! His face is so full of expression.

The rose orny looks like it is made of enamels, what did you use as a sealer? and where do you find the cutouts?

Thank you for sharing!

Belle

o

Just commented over on the other side Bebe. Neat projects and so well done as always. Luvs

o

Belle, the rose ornament is made of wood found at Hobby Lobby. The varnish I used is called Triple Thick by DecoArt. It makes a glass like finish. You have to work quickly with it and then it will self level. I love it for small things.

Luvs, thanks for the nice comments. I love painting roses and Santas.

B

o

Now I get it! Didn't know you posted one on both sides......

By the by....sounds like you had a great trip. We have a lot of antique stores in Chehalis and Centralia...twin cities and most are moderately priced. They are a favorite day outing for cold winter days. It is shocking so see so many childhood "things" fast becoming antiques, especially when I am still using them as everyday things.

Belle

o

I hear you Belle--and I've seen my everyday plates and some of the pictures on my walls in TS recently! LOL

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here