Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

Mystery Diagnosis

paintingfool
13 years ago

I hope some of you were able to watch the Mystery Diagnosis episode tonight on Discovery Health. It was about the boy who went a year without being diagnosed with PANDAS. He went through H.... until they were able to find a doctor to prescribe the right medicine - an antibiotic, for the strep that caused his antibodies to attack his brain. I have mentioned it before that my little 9 year old grandson started having tics - both verbal and physical - last fall. He was diagnosed with Tourettes at first but after the blood tests showed his titers were off the chart due to a strep infection he was finally diagnosed with Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorder Associated with Strep -PANDAS. He started a round of antibiotics and is now recovered. He still tics on occasion but it shows us he has come in contact with strep so he starts the antibiotics again. He will never be cured of the disorder but he will be able to manage it when the symptoms reoccur.

Hope yall don't mind me talking about it, I am part of the PANDA crew and we try to make sure the word is out so parents and family will know there may be a reason when there child starts exhibiting strange behavior. It could be due to a strep infection which can be detected by a smart open minded doctor and a simple blood test. Please pass the word.

Thanks,

Comments (4)