Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

OT - I am feeling so much better

paintingfool
15 years ago

Just wanted to let yall know I have made two trips to the hospital for those kidney stones to be removed and yesterday returned to have the stint removed. I am so glad to be feeling almost normal again. Haven't regained my appetite - but I am not complaining about that. Lost about 17 pounds because I was in too much pain to eat but that will come back eventually.

Tomorrow I think I will be spending time at my painting desk - have a lot of ornaments to paint for a show in November. I haven't painted in over a month and can hardly wait to get back to it.

TIP - I did paint a snowman before the episode with the stones. Just wanted to tell you how we trimmed the sides of the wood piece. We used a Krylon "gold" pen - you can find them at Hobby Lobby or Joann's. It looks like a calligraphy pen, we held it along the side of the ornament and painted all the way around. It turned out really nice and we didn't have to worry about getting any on the edge because it fit just right.

Talk to yall again real soon.

B

Comments (4)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Good to hear from you Bebe. I've been wondering if they got your other stones removed. Hope you will soon start to feel lots better. What an ordeal, huh?

That is good that you are going to start on the ornaments now, so no rushing at the last minute. Plus painting something "Christmas" will keep your thoughts "cool" during the heat of the summer. LOL

Take care, and we will look forward to having you join in here more now that you are feeling better.

Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Bebe! So glad you are on the mend! I know this has been a trial for you. Glad you are feeling up to painting again. Can't wait to see your ornaments. You do such a wonderful job on them. Are you taking part in any swaps this year?
    Thanks for the tip on the gold paint pen. I'll have to look for it next time I'm at either of those stores.
    Now don't overdo it, but we'll be looking forward to seeing some good things from you. Oh, I think I found a few of those pounds you lost. You can have them back now! ;D ha ~Anj

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

This has been a tough time for you and I'm glad your feeling better. Losing 17 pounds is not good. Looking forward to seeing your ornaments and anything else you'll share. I'll send you a bouquet from one of my gardens.

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, my gosh, I don't know what kind of flowers those are but they are beautiful!! I am not very good at growing flowers - my husband said it's because I have never figured out that they actually need water to live. But I do love looking at them and I admire anyone who can grow them. I did get some periwinkle to grow - actually they just popped up this year - I didn't plant them but maybe they are from last year when I attempted to grow them in a pot. Anyway, they are growing in the places where I don't want flowers to be but I don't have the heart to pull them up - they are too pretty - even the one growing betweeen the cracks of the sidewalk, I make everyone walk around it.
    Thanks so much, PG, they are a joy to look at...
    B

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner