Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What our beaches are beginning to look like

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 17, 10 at 21:34

Here in the panhandle of Florida we have a stretch of beach that has sand so white that it almost blinds you. Orange Beach is in Alabama, right next door to us and this is what washed up on their shores - we are starting to get it now. Don't know what will happen to our beaches. Business is down more than 50%, the fishermen can't fish, and the tourist have all gone other places. Heartbreaking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What our beaches are beginning to look like

What a horrible sight that is, just makes me feel sick. And all those poor sea creatures that are affected too! May take years to get this mess all cleaned up, huh? Luvs

o

Oh no, this is terrible. Thanks for sharing these pictures. It is a sad sight to have when you are so use to a beautiful beach.

Punk

o

What sadness I feel! The beaches can be cleaned but the wild life can't be brought back to life. Our Mr. St. Helen's or our flood did not cause the destruction that even comes close to this!!!!

Belle

o

That is just heartbreaking. Mans impact on our planet just gets worse as time goes on. Makes you wonder what "Mother Earth" thinks about us misusing her.

o

Paintingfool, I live in the panhandle of Florida, too! I'm in Panama City - where are you? Send me an email - I'd love to meet you - maybe you can teach me some painting techniques!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here