Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Patriotic decor

luvstocraft
13 years ago

I just posted some pics of my patriotic decorating over on the Holidays forum. I'll post the link in case anyone would like to take a look. Do you decorate for the holidays too? I'd love to see your's. Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Luvs patriotic decorations

Comments (4)

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Luvs....I posted a message on the other forum....my bad! I love it all! And I posted the name and website of the artist who does the pavers, hope Karen read the post.

Our garage sale is over...thank goodness! Now I remember why I paused when someone mentioned doing one together and at my house. But it was fun sitting chatting with so many neighbors. The weather is actually getting better, much warmer and no rain in sight...and I said that quietly so Mother Nature didn't hear.

I have a few household chores to do today and then....I AM PAINTING!!!! As I have changed the background color of 4 of the panels to match the other 2 I want to use, I want to do the background all at one time. It is a base mix then adding touches of other colors and blending them.......sigh! Luckily they don't have to be exact or maybe that will be a problem of me. The birds and butterflies actually seem to be quite easy, but we'll see.

Hope Punk and Anj are well and will be back soon!

Take Care

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Belle, Glad the weather was good for your sale. I'm not crazy about doing them either. I read your post where you said hardly anyone even looked at the painting books you put out! Kinda the same way around here, I don't know any other painters anymore.

I'm a little under the weather, went to the doctor yesterday and hope to feel back to normal soon. Might not be on here as much for a day or two--we'll see.

I got my two new books in and need to see what I might want to make. I'll be in touch as often as possible,

Hey, Belle, we were thinking about heading up into Oregon when it gets hotter here--is it usually cooler and is humidity bad or not in states like Oregon and where you live in Washington, do you know?

Luvs

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Hi Gals, just got home from an estate planning meeting tonight. Makes me realize I need to get a will drawn up. Our kids are more on top of things than we are and that's just wrong!

I have been cleaning like a mad woman and things are looking good at our place again.

Belle, glad you enjoyed your yard sale. Wish I would of been there and I'm sure I'd of taken alot of painting books off your hands. It's always fun to sit and chat with neighbors but that's why we have a large deck. When we are out there they know it's always a warm welcome for them to stop, have a cold drink and catch up on the latest.

Our weather is back to rain and hail is predicted tonight the size of ping pong balls. Hope our garden survives.

Luvs, what's going on with you and your health? Maybe it's time to slow down and take care of yourself.

I'm so excited to see what new projects you and Belle are coming up with. I will have to enjoy our company and then consider starting some new projects. I'm so excited to have family here to enjoy time with.

When is Anj coming home? Time flies so fast in my life that I don't have time to go back and check it out.

So glad you are keeping things going on here and I'll try to get back here more often soon.

Punk

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Luvs.....

Hope you are feeling better! Being under the weather isn't fun, glad you went to the DR.

Most of the time our humidity is on the lower side, but that again depends on which side of OR,. or WA., that you visit. The eastern side of both states are much drier and hotter, while we stay cooler and a little more moisture cause by our weather coming in off the ocean. But rarely is humidity a problem like back East. If you come this far North....you must come to visit!

Punk....Welcome Back! Our weather looks more like, I don't know what. 4 days with low 70's and now fog this morning and a forecast of more rain. Think we had our summer in Jan., and Feb., My flowers and cucumber are rotting in their planters, and they are well drained. But get this, my tomatoes are growing like weeds, same planters, all made up at the same time with the same soil. Hope the hail didn't arrive and your garden is doing ok!

Still haven't gotten by base painting done, something always comes up to get in the way. Yesterday we spent in town getting the brakes fixed and I help my friends boss with his computer, which turned out better than I had hope for. When I sign off here...on goes the music, maybe John Phillip Sousa's march music and I am painting! No if's, no ands and no buts!

Take Care!!

Belle

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz