Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Luvs, Glue question....

Posted by anjabee (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 14, 07 at 12:25

Hey Luvs~ I got these 2 pieces at the TS last week. Want to make a little birdfeeder for my flower bed. DH said I should have tried to find a green vase for the stem, but oh well they didn't have any. ha Will you tell me again what you use to glue them together. I'm going to the store later and want to pick some up. Is it GE Silicone II? I already have some Gorilla Glue, but I don't know if it will work for this. ~Anj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Luvs, Glue question....

Hi Anj, that little plate is darling--good find.

Yes, it is GE Silicone II for windows and doors. I get mine at Lowe's or Walmart. They have the kind you use a caulking gun for and a smaller squeeze tube of the same thing.

Just make sure you get the clear one--there is also a white one.

The gals on the GJ forum seem to have tried several different glues--this one seems to stand up to both heat and cold well.

That will be really cute. Luvs

o

Thanks, I didn't get to the store yesterday so I'll be going today. ~A

o

Thanks for your help Luvs. Here it is "planted" in my flower bed. Still haven't put in the bark. One project at a time, right? :D ~Anj

o
RE: TS stuff

BTW~ saw your TS finds over on H. Good deal on that pic and love the little sandcastle! It will go great with your beach gal!

o

That little birdbath turned out great. Love that dish you found, so perfect for the garden with that little butterfly on it.

I was so excited to find that picture at that price. It is in excellent condition, I've heard of the artist, and the colors are so pretty. Sure hope my Neice likes it too, and has a place for it in her kitchen. Won't know until August when we go there.

You know, we had three big sandcastles like that for sale at the little store where I worked before--they even got discounted 50% when we were moving. BUT I didn't know I might want them someday! LOL You just never know what you may need later.

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here