Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Where is everybody??

anjabee
15 years ago

Hi!

Well, my excuse is I've been cleaning my attic and working in the yard and garden. ha Where's everybody else been?? ~Anj

Comments (3)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Still checking in here daily, but just haven't been creating anything to post pics of or talk about I'm afraid.

How's that attic cleanup going? Finding lots of treasures you had forgotten about?

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I did actually find a box of some dishes that my g-mother had given me. I had forgotten about them. They got put up there when we moved. I got them down and washed them up. They are cut class and will be good for holding nuts and candy. Also found a Dryden pottery bowl that was hers. I don't know if they are collectible or not, but it's pretty cool looking.

I'm not getting back up there today cause I have to let my back recover for a day or two after I get up there. Bending over lifting boxes in cramped spaces is never good for it. Plus every time I turn around the 4 yr old is trying to go out to get in her sand box and I don't want her getting sand in her cut. Did you read where I posted about her having to go get stitches Mon night? Anyway, I'm cleaning my office today. I'm about to have an avalanche of papers so I thought I'd better take it easy and sit here and sort papers to give my back a rest. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Oh that was a neat find! I love cut glass dishes. Not familiar with Dryden pottery, but just the fact that it came from your Grandmother makes it special.

I did read where your little one cut her foot and had to have stitches. Would she wear her rubber boots while she played in the sand? Or maybe put a baggy over her foot and tape it on? I did that when I had a cast on my foot and wanted to take a shower! LOL

If your weather is warming up like ours now, that attic is not going to be a very comfortable place to be working! Do be careful about your back, don't want that kind of pain, huh?

I have a couple of patterns that I want to get cut out. One is a Renee Mullins santa that I didn't get done this past year. It is supposed to have chimes hanging on the bottom and I just happen to have the metal rods I saved from a chime that fell apart so I could use those on it. Good way to use some more stuff I have laying around. LOL

We have been in the three digit temps this week, so not wanting to be outside much at all. Good time to sit inside where it's cool and do some painting. I've got to help DH get the rest of the office stuff packed and ready to go too. Oh, I was gonna tell you, I tried the alcohol on those rollers, but I think I "melted" them--just won't pull the paper all the way through anymore. Not a big deal, DH does have another copier I can use--but it doesn't do the enlargements and reductions is all.

I'd better go get dressed, I'm still running around in my robe this morning. We've got a friend coming over to look at DH's work car that he used to keep out at one of the rail yards for when he had to stay overnight there and then work a train back the next day. Friend might want to buy it for his daughter--that would be great, one more thing off our "to do" list. ;o)

Hey, Anj, I'm emailing you so be sure to go check, okay?

Luvs

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm