Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Swing idea for Anj

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Mon, May 26, 08 at 23:24

Hi Anj, I can't find the other post where we were discussing our outdoor swings, so will just start a new post. Did I show you this post on GJ? It's about half way down the page and shows how they use wood to make the seat and back, then you could paint it and add cushions. Just an option.

Mine does have the seat and back, but sits better with the cushion on it. I bought a pair of curtains at the TS and was going to try to cover the existing cushion--but didn't like the way the floral fabric looked on it.

Individual chair cushions seem to run around $30, so in the long run, it might just be better to fork out the $99.00 for a whole new swing with the new awning and cushions! I'm thinking that even though mine is faded, it just might make it one more summer. LOL

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Repair for outside swing

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Swing idea for Anj

Hey Luvs, my mom's swing is just like hers. I had been watching the post to see if she'd post the instructions, but then forgot about it like I do. ha Thank you for posting the follow up. Very clever to use the clamps. Mom's is just starting to look a little worn on the edges so it will probably last at least thru this year, but I wanted to know what to do with it when it croaks. ha I hate sending something to the landfill if we can keep it going. Her's looks so nice.

On yours, if it can last one more year, maybe hit the stores at the end of the season to find some cushions on clearance sale? They usually mark then down pretty good. ~Anj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here