Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

TS finds

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Here's my few TS finds this week, didn't find too much, but I do like what I found. Now I can't wait for Halloween to put my pumpkins on top of these candle holders. Only paid $6.00 for all three. Little dish was 69 cents, covered dish was 99 cents and the glass was 99 cents. I just liked it and the shape of it--think I'll use it for paint brushes.

Luvs

{{gwi:1424347}}

Comments (5)

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Great finds Luvs. Those candle sticks are cool. Pretty plate and glassware. Everybody laughs at me cause I use an old McDonalds mug for my paint water. ha I have some old painted soup cans that hold my brushes. You are getting elegant with your pretty glass. ha I'll be back later tonight to post my finds. ~Anj

• anjabee
    15 years ago

OK, as promised...pics of my TS finds for the last little while. Need I remind you that I am a Thriftaholic. ha No, I think not. Here we go....for your viewing pleasure...

My $1 Chandelier: It's a little bent and I didn't take the time to clean it up, but you get the idea.

This is the spindle angel, still has original tag for $10, but I got it for about a $1.

These are some metal flowers. The blue one is small and the 3 red ones are pretty big. One has the dragonfly that is supposed to attach in a little slit, but it fell off and I just stuck it on top for now. I need to clean them up and maybe give them a paint job. $2 each.

A few things I bought for my brother:
    some fish hooks
    a picture,rocking fisherman santa, moose tealight holder, moose ornie
    A flag holder angel..still need to find a flag small enough for her to hold.

A shelf(has first coat of black paint)a big rusty bell and a stoneware vase.

A couple of stars.

A snowman hanger and ceramic Thanksgiving bears.

Pattern books, Americana pics, snowman musicbox, Americana tin planter, springy bee.

Star shelf(first coat black paint),blue jug,western cutout (just had paper behind it,but DH suggested we put a sheet of copper), some milk bottles, christmas box (painting back and sides), chunky flower (painting to go outside)

And lastly 2 little Boyds Bears.

I think that's mostly everything. Probably missed a few little things....like the box, but there's my stash. Almost everything was $1 or less, except the ceramic bears were $5 each. Oh and please excuse any dust you see, some of them I haven't cleaned yet and the ones that are in my house are dusty from bathroom construction. Now if this will only post with all these pictures. ha ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow, Anj, you really have been finding some good stuff. Love the chandy, what a bargain! The patriotic pics are neat too. And those bears are so sweet. Love the metal flowers and the star items too, and know your brother will love all the fishing items. Thanks for taking the time to post pics. Luvs

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

You have found some nice things. I must go to the thrift store, there is one near me that you can find furniture sometimes for 5.00.I love the angel-I am an angel lover from way back!!Since I am a pack rat, I now have to sneak my stuff past my hubby. I have a building packed with things I plan to refinish ""someday". ha

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Glad you liked the finds. Luvs is a dishaholic..ha, but I'm all over the place with my purchases. I have got to stay away from there for a while though. It's easy to buy stuff when it's a dollar or less, but it starts adding up quick. A few things I repurpose for gifts. We pick a family to do a 12 days of Christmas for almost every year. The little tree box above will be painted and used as a gift box with candy or something inside and I have a cardboard type hatbox that I forgot to post that I'll paint up and put something inside. Plus we have a bunch of neighbors and friends that we exchange with every year so sometimes I can find fun inexpensive things at the TS to paint up to house gifts. One year I painted a 50 cent bucket and put homemade snowball soaps in it and the family loved it. Last year I found a wooden box that couldn't have been much over $1 and I painted up and put milk & cookie fixins in it and the family is still talking about it. ha (both on the gallery somewhere) My brothers don't have a lot in their houses so I'm always on the lookout for things to help them decorate with. ha If they don't like it...it was only a few bucks so they can just send it back to the TS. ha My whole house is decorated with TS finds and I always get compliments so something's working. ha But the main thing for me is the thrill of finding something you really want for a bargain. I had been wanting a wire tp holder for a long time, but couldn't find one that I liked....found one at the TS for a buck! I still love it. ha There is not much else I need for my house so now I've started finding fun things for my yard. I've got my mom and dad and one of my DB's addicted now too. ha We have a lot of big stores here.
    You'll have to show us some of your finds too! ;) ~Anj

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer