Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you want to see?

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Wed, May 26, 10 at 11:31

I've been exploring more ways to use my Cricut, and had seen some vinyl lettering on plates on some blogs. Decided to try my own, so scronged though my stash of plates and came up with red/white/blue striped, heart shaped, and an orange one. Here's what I did with them. Hope you enjoy seeing them--sorry it's not painting! I also did three little plaques I've had in my stash forever. The neat thing with the plates is that if I ever want to change them, I can just peel the vinyl off and start over. Pretty cool, huh? I only have the "baby bug" personal cutter and some cartridges--you should see the designs being done by the people who use a program that lets them use svg. files and fonts from their computer--totally amazing. I have several more of those little wooden plaques that I need to find ways to use, and might pick up a few tiles next time I'm at Lowe's. Then the question becomes--what will I do with all of it????? LOL

Luvs

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you want to see?

oooo oooo oooo! I'm loving them all! Goodness....you giving me the cricut bug! ha ~Anj

o

Kay,

You come with some really great ideas for the Cricuit. I have had mine for about two years now and rarely use it. Have a hard time getting the letters and such off of the pad, am not sure what to do with the letters anyway. And here you are, constantly coming up with better and better ideas. Do you have a book(s) to help you, I looked and could not find anything. Keep sharing, it is great fun to see what you are doing.
Joan

o

Luvs, sorry I missed this post! All of your signs are fantastic, love the lettering and silhouettes on them. It's so fun seeing all your creations you come up with. You must be having a blast thinking up new ones.

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here