Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Luvs for your table....

anjabee
16 years ago

Luvs~ Here's the pic that I found in an older issue of Country Sampler that I thought you could paint very easily to use on your tablescapes. You may have already painted something similar since you've done it all. :) ~Anj

Aren't they pretty?

Comments (6)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

So sweet of you to post that pic for me. I really like them. Of course the one with the small roses is my fav! Such pretty vases too, and I love the way they tied the pearls around them--just my kinda thing, yet I would never have thought to do that! I'm saving this to my idea folder for sure. Thanks for sharing it.

I really haven't done much painting on glass. I don't even have any of the glass paints. I've painted several jars, but for those I just used my regular acrylic paints. Could probably use those on something like this too since no one would be eating out of them. Would need to seal really good so water drips wouldn't harm them.

You know, I see those small ivy bowl jars at the TS all the time now. I had thought about using them in a glass totem, but the ruffle could be a problem. Next trip, I will have to look for some vases to paint on and give this a try.

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I was thinking that big widemouth one would look good filled with candy. My sweet tooth ya know! ha You could do a pitcher with juice glasses in a matching theme too. I liked the rose one too and I know how well you do those. I didn't think about having to use glass paint. ~Anj

• jaybird
    16 years ago

Ohhhhh Luvs,
    Those are beautiful....I can't wait to see the ones that I bet you are going to paint and then bring to the table top to make me jealous!!!! I think I have some pearl strings that I could send to you if you email me an address!!
    jbmusik at yahoo dot com
    Jaybird

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Hi Jaybird, nice to see you over here. ;o) These are very pretty jars and are on my much too long list of things I would like to do. I do look at vases each time I hit the TS just in case I find a good painting surface. I appreciate the offer of the pearl strings, but maybe we should wait until I actually get something painted. LOL Thanks for the offer, just hang on to them for me, okay? ;o) Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That's what happens when you make such pretty stuff Luvs. ha Everybody wants more! How long is your list now? I counted today and I have at least 23 things lined up to finish. Aaaand, I went to the TS today and got more! What is wrong with me??? ha My brother went with me and picked out a few things for me to paint for him and I picked up a few things for my mom's house that need painting. Big sigh! I love to paint, but I hate that long list of to-dos. I finished one thing this weekend and working on another that's almost done. Will post the finished one tomorrow. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Glad to hear you have a long list too Anj, that means we will be hanging out on here for a long time to come--I like that too! ;o)

There are so many projects I'd love to paint. Everytime I look at one of my magazines or books, I keep folding down the top corner of pages that have projects/patterns I like. I've done that for years. Problem is that I keep finding new ideas before I finish the old ones. LOL

How cute that your brother wants you to paint some things for him. That is quite a compliment! ;o)

I'll be looking forward to pics of your latest projects. Have fun.

Luvs

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz