Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Bebe...

anjabee
16 years ago

Just wanted to follow up and see how your DH is doing. Hopefully all is well ya'll. ~Anj

Comments (2)

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

Hi Anj, thanks so much for asking, he is doing great. He has been walking and can get around really well. To look at him you would not know he had heart surgery just 2 weeks ago. It is amazing what the human body can go through and bounce right back. Of course, he was really healthy to begin with. This was the first time he has ever been sick on in the hospital. I have been pampering him a lot and I teased him when he was in the hospital that it was one thing to survive the surgery but it would be another thing to survive my cooking!! I am not a cook - I am a painter! But I have been doing my best to come up with different menus everyday. However, last night I was just pooped after my granddaughter's birthday and I just made sandwiches for dinner. But I made the plate really pretty with strawberries sliced and fanned, and the sandwich cut in triangles (or elbow sandwiches as we called it when we were kids). Today it was marinated pork tenderloin (all I had to do was put it in the oven).

Havn't had time to paint but might start a project this week. My studio is in serious need of some deep cleaning so I will probably have to do that first since I can't do anything until everything is organized.

There is a plaque that hangs in my kitchen - kinda describes me perfectly.

He who eats here, must trust to fate,
    to please his palate, and fill his plate.
    Sometimes there is, sometimes there ain't.
    I am no cook, I love to paint!

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm so glad to hear he's doing well. Are you watching him like a hawk?? I would be. ha They drive us crazy at times, but what would we do without them??

I totally understand...I'm not the greatest cook either and I love your saying. That's a good one. I think I'm gonna throw a turkey in the oven today. That's pretty easy. DH loves turkey and I can use the leftovers to make other easy dishes the rest of the week. I'm all about good, but quick and easy. ha

I usually have to clean before I can paint too...that's why I have so little time to paint. ha There seems to always be one mess after another with 4 kids. I've tried to teach them to clean up after themselves, but after 13 years it's still a daily battle. We paint when we can though. ha

Anyway, I'm really glad to hear how good he's doing. Whatever you are feeding him must be doing the trick. ;)ha Ya'll take care. ~Anj

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals