Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Ready for Easter?

luvstocraft
17 years ago

Not much going on here lately. Guess everyone is busy with other things. Are all of you ready for Easter? Did you put out any decorations? If so, sure would love to see them.

I've got a few out, but most I've shown you already. Got all involved on the holiday forum with tablescapes and such. Not sure why--I really have no talent in that direction! But it is fun and interesting to me--so guess that is reason enough! LOL

In case I forget, have a Happy Easter and a wonderful Spring. God Bless.

Luvs

Comments (2)

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Hey Luvs~ I miss talking to you every day. I am not ready for Easter. Our E Bunny comes on Friday so the kids can have their baskets Sat morning and then we have our family Easter thing Sat afternoon. That way we can concentrate more on the spritual side Sunday and the kids aren't hyperactive on a candy high at church. ha

I've been painting a little. I started on my eggs. Decided to paint them in Easter pastels, but with a little Easter chick or bunny or something different on each one. Didn't realize it when I bought them at the TS, but they aren't true eggs. The bottom is cut off so they stand up. I probably won't have them done by this Easter, but at least I'll have them for next year. Also have been working on my DD's art box. I'm doing a kalidescope butterfly on it. Hope it turns out like I want it to. Hopefully I'll have some pics to put in soon.

I don't have many Easter decorations so didn't put much up.

My kids have been out for Spring Break and I've had my niece and nephew for the past 2 days. They have been able to get outside since it's nice weather so they've all been good for me. I've got to go shopping tomorrow to pick up a few last minute things to cook and fill baskets.

Sure hope you and everyone else here has a wonderful Easter weekend. Will your son and family get to spend it with you?~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good morning Anj, nice to hear from you. Sounds like you have a good plan about doing the baskets early. Good idea!

GD had a group egg hunt on Tuesday with the Mommy and Me group. DIl said she was really into it this year, and it was fun to see the difference between last year and this year.

They are coming here for dinner Sunday afternoon. After church and a nap for GD. ;o) I made up a basket for her, and I cut out Easter Bunny footprints that I am going to put on the front patio and leading through the living room over to the table where I hid her basket. Going to tell her to "follow the bunny prints". DH and DS are then going to hide some eggs in our front yard while she is absorbed with playing with the things from the basket. Hoping that will be fun for her.

Glad you had nice weather so the kids could play outside. Bet they have all had a great time.

Those flat bottomed eggs are nice, much easier to display sometimes. I keep forgetting to look for more when I am at Michael's. Thought I would paint a few more too--maybe try some other designs and such.

I painted a bit yesterday. I am meeting a friend for dinner next Wednesday. I had found a pattern of two little mice painting handprints on an egg. She loves mice, so decided to paint the design on a little wooden plaque for her--she can just save it to use next year since I won't see her before Easter this year.

Then I also started basecoating a small suitcase. Don't know if I told you about ordering the cd from ebay where a lady shows how she paints sort of shabby chic flowers on luggage. Anyway, I had found this one at TS for 99 cents and thought I would try it. Thought I could use it for storing GD's "dress up" items. I had to spray it with primer, then use old paint brush to "dab" different colors on for the background. Did that last night, discovered I need to dab on a bit more when I looked at it this morning. Then it gets a couple coats of sealer, then the design, then more sealer. Not really so inexpensive when you add up the cost of all the primer and sealer! LOL

Can't wait to see your butterfly--that sounds so pretty.

Have you ever tried any of the paints that you can outline with? Guess they are sort of a texture paint. I watched DD using them on tv. Tubes look like the fabric paint pens, and she just used them to outline and make squiggles on top of her painted flowers. You don't use a brush with them. She made it look so easy--but suppose that takes some practice too. I can only imagine the globs I would probably make! Ha ha

Better get moving. I'll talk to you later.

Luvs

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County